The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Managers not given a chance

+4
TipToes88
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
ADMIN
Adam D
8 posters

Go down

Managers not given a chance Empty Managers not given a chance

Post by Adam D Wed 11 May 2011, 9:36 am

Which managers do you think deserve a better chance than they have ever received?

This morning, Micky Adams was sacked by Sheffield Utd after taking over from Gary Speeds tenure (which was equally awful). however, I reckon Micky is a brilliant manager who has never been given a chance at the top level. I could easily see him at a mid table premiership club (the likes of your Fulhams, bolton, Stoke etc).

So my question is, who do you rate who has never really made it and vice versa - who has had so many chances its unreal, or to put it another away, who wins the Gary Megson award?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Managers not given a chance Empty Re: Managers not given a chance

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2011, 9:43 am

Mickey Adams? You're having a laugh.

He's another example of people that had a moderate amount of success with one club and then tried to live off it. Face facts, he's a poor manager, as are the following...

Chris Coleman
Peter Taylor
Gary Megson
Tony Mowbray
Darren Ferguson
Craig Levein

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 11 May 2011, 9:59 am

Roy Hodgson will be mentioned at Liverpool but it was clear he was just a square peg in a round hole and he probably would never have been able to turn things round. A quality manager just at the wrong club at the wrong time, again he’s shown his quality now at WBA.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 11 May 2011, 2:18 pm

Some managers are sacked to soon although I must admit I don't know much about Adams or Sheffield United although I don't see how a manger is expected to put a team together in 4 months. Maybe the board don't think he is right and are going to bring a new man in and give him time.

Last edited by prettyboykev on Wed 11 May 2011, 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Wed 11 May 2011, 3:12 pm

I'd like to see Jeffries getting a chance to do his job tbh. Not a Hearts fan (although got my jam tart beanie on for tonight) but doesn't seem fair that he can't even choose his own 1st 11

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 11 May 2011, 4:16 pm

He knew that was going to be the case and if he wants to keep his respect intact he should leave now. The respect he has takes a major dent with every game that goes by.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 11 May 2011, 6:28 pm

I think Avram Grant might be a good candidate for the Gary Megson award...as is Bryan Robson. Why did clubs continue to appoint him!?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 11 May 2011, 6:35 pm

Chris Hughton didn't get enough of a chance at Newcastle he won the Championship for us and was sacked midway through this season for a bit of bad form.On the other end of the scale Avram Grant has had two chances and failed both times how many chances is he going to need?.Grant wins the Gary Megson award for me.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 11 May 2011, 6:47 pm

Grant had no chance at Portsmouth they got a points deduction and had to let their best players go. Should be doing better at West Ham though they have to good a squad to be getting relegated.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 11 May 2011, 6:59 pm

prettyboykev wrote:Grant had no chance at Portsmouth they got a points deduction and had to let their best players go. Should be doing better at West Ham though they have to good a squad to be getting relegated.

It's not looking good for West Ham though my pick to go down. If they get relegated they have too try and come straight back up and not fade away like Leeds (sorry YI) ,Coventry,Sheffield United etc.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2011, 7:19 pm

Grant did well at Chelski because he had the players to do it, he's been found out at Portsmouth and West Ham, he's poor!

Micky Adams is a poor manager too, seems to do rudey poo at every club he goes to, apart from Port Vale (who seem to be taking him back).

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 11 May 2011, 7:20 pm

Liam_Main4 wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:Grant had no chance at Portsmouth they got a points deduction and had to let their best players go. Should be doing better at West Ham though they have to good a squad to be getting relegated.

It's not looking good for West Ham though my pick to go down. If they get relegated they have too try and come straight back up and not fade away like Leeds (sorry YI) ,Coventry,Sheffield United etc.

That's what you call putting your neck on the line. Very Happy

They have bad debts and their owners are a couple of Muppets. If they go down I can see them being in league one in 3 years time. That olympic stadium is a great idea now.

Last edited by Y I Man on Wed 11 May 2011, 7:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : If a word is in the swearfilter, its there for a reason. dont post that word on the edit reason)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 24 May 2011, 9:56 am

Blackburn, Newcastle and Chelsea shot themselve in the foot I reckon getting rid of Sam Allardyce, Chris Hughton and Carlo Ancellotti. All should have got more tim.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue 24 May 2011, 10:16 am

Got to be Hughton. Ashley must be mad getting rid after Hughton got Newcastle promoted in his first full year in the job. If they had spent a year or two in the championship then fair enough but surely he should have been given at least two years not four months

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down