The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trevor Berbick - Don king's greatest headache !!!

4 posters

Go down

Trevor Berbick - Don king's greatest headache !!! Empty Trevor Berbick - Don king's greatest headache !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 6:37 pm

Trevor Berbick was a character to say the least......Endearing to some but a pain in the neck to others. Especially Don King!!!

Berbick stunned the heavyweights back in the early 80's with a win over the hugely respected John Tate....With it he got a shot at Holmes...which he lost in a garbage fight...However he agreed to let King have options to his next three fights for letting him fight the Champion..

Next fight Berbick takes on Ali in a big event in the Bahamas...once there Berbick and his entourage told King to shove it!!..Which rightly enraged old Don who turned up outside his gym wanting satisfaction... He got it and ended up in the local hospital....

Berbick then proceeded to move to the USA.......and when King was under indictment for Tax evasion..King would open his hotel room and find Trevor outside at 6.30 every morning....Quoting from the bible telling him he should repent his ways!!

Later on Berbick became WBC champion and was mandated to fight Tyson....Three weeks before he phoned King to tell him that he was fighting Cooney instead...King rightfully alarmed told Berbick he couldn't the fight was set....Berbick replied that if King didn't take any money for expenses from his purse.. 2.1m (which was his wont) he'd tell Cooney to go and blow...

King agreed only to find out later that Berbick had made the story up!!!

Berbick endearing to some................and a pain in the neck to others!! RIP............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Trevor Berbick - Don king's greatest headache !!! Empty Re: Trevor Berbick - Don king's greatest headache !!!

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Feb 2013, 7:15 pm

Ha, heard that last story before, one of the few to get the better of King I guess.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Trevor Berbick - Don king's greatest headache !!! Empty Re: Trevor Berbick - Don king's greatest headache !!!

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 07 Feb 2013, 7:24 pm

anyone who annoys king is okay by my book

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 7:27 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Ha, heard that last story before, one of the few to get the better of King I guess.

i know, TRUSS wrote it in a previous article about him.

Think Trev got short shrift for being the last guy to beat up Ali and then for being the guy who was knocked down three times with one punch against Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 07 Feb 2013, 7:56 pm

Maybe King had the last laugh on old Berbick...

if you know what I mean??????

i never reveal my sources.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 7:57 pm

I doubt anyone knows what you mean

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 07 Feb 2013, 8:00 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I doubt anyone knows what you mean

Good.

I know what I know.

I will let Micheal Corleone have the last word.

''If history has taught us anything......

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 8:02 pm

Not suggesting Don had anything to do with Berbick's harp playing are you...

Matching an old trev against a young Buster Douglas was probably payback enough!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 07 Feb 2013, 8:06 pm

I think Tyson was Kings biggest and most expensive headache followed closly by Larry Holmes.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 8:06 pm

...it's that a vague understanding of European history from 1873 to 1914 has never and I repeat never been of any use in any of the pub quizzes I've endured since leaving school....neither has a knowledge of how ox bow lakes are formed but that's another subject altogether!"

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 8:07 pm

Headache.... Shocked

Tyson earned him sack loads of money........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 8:08 pm

Have a feeling someone is going to have a horse's head in his bed tonight...

Then again probably nothing new for you guys!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Feb 2013, 8:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Have a feeling someone is going to have a horse's head in his bed tonight...

Then again probably nothing new for you guys!! Cool

I'm not dating Sarah Jessica Parker...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 8:29 pm

Never seen the attraction of her!!

Small...nothing to play with and ordinary looking..

Now Kim Cattrall is another matter.. devil

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Feb 2013, 8:31 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Never seen the attraction of her!!

Small...nothing to play with and ordinary looking..

And looks like a horse.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 10:22 pm

Can't argue with that assessment.............

Would rather ride a horse...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down