The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most irritating buzzword ever?

+19
RubyGuby
disneychilly
Portnoy's Complaint
Barney McGrew did it
tigertattie
dummy_half
ScarletSpiderman
A World Cup and 3 Finals
Casartelli
Pat_Mustard
dragonbreath
fa0019
Jimpy
Effervescing Elephant
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
rainbow-warrior
Glas a du
t1000advancedprototype
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Most irritating buzzword ever?  - Page 2 Empty Most irritating buzzword ever?

Post by t1000advancedprototype Fri 08 Feb 2013, 8:21 am

First topic message reminder :

It has to be "rebuilding". What an absolute load of old tosh and a very poor excuse when your team or other teams are having a bad run.

International teams whatever the sport are in a constant process of having players retire, new players blooded, form players picked (with exception of Wales) and also players selected because of injuries.

I noticed this use of "rebuilding" again yesterday on the BBC website from some guy called HERSH...

"Don't get me wrong 3 GS in 7 years is an achievement.2005 was great, the rugby played was top draw, deserved winners.2008 was a year in which Fra, Eng and Ire were rebuilding so that one is de-valued in my eyes.2012 was lucky, a bounce of a ball or a Ref with two pairs of eyes and the ability to see a forward pass then Wales wouldn't have won that one."

It's a shame some people can't accept another nation having a good spell. Personally I think England have been fantastic lately and Stuart Lancaster is a very likable bloke. Beating NZ and hammering Scotland isn't luck, just like winning 5 six nations matches isn't luck or being reliant on a biased referee. I don't think any team will manage 5 wins this year. There will be lots of scalps and many close matches.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Most irritating buzzword ever?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most irritating buzzword ever?

Post by fa0019 Fri 08 Feb 2013, 11:59 am

You did have 2 Scottish PM's for the last 13 years up to 2010... we did enough damage there don't you think???

And then Cameron's da is Scottish himself so the pattern continues.

Destroying the the system from the inside.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Most irritating buzzword ever?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most irritating buzzword ever?

Post by RubyGuby Fri 08 Feb 2013, 12:10 pm

I'm going for a whole sentence of buzz words - these are Dayglows favourites

"you just have to front up and take it on the chin, it's just a bad day at the office that has to be put behind you" thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 08 Feb 2013, 12:14 pm

Have a look at this Howler interview

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2013/02/08/wales-coach-accuses-media-of-driving-wedge-between-players-and-coaches-91466-32768376/

he has invented some new ones in there!
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 08 Feb 2013, 12:21 pm

RubyGuby wrote:I'm going for a whole sentence of buzz words - these are Dayglows favourites

"you just have to front up and take it on the chin, it's just a bad day at the office that has to be put behind you" thumbsup

What sort of videos have you been watching on the web Ruby?

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 08 Feb 2013, 12:30 pm

Don't watch videos on the web mate thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri 08 Feb 2013, 12:35 pm

Jimpy wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:
Glas a du wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote: Laugh
Glas a du wrote:England could. Their team has picked up where the 03 lot left off.
Laugh

Thank you warrior, that cheered me up Very Happy

Did I tell you I leave for Paris within the hour? Yahoo

We beat the sais away last season, France are by far the harder opposition in comparison but we have the ability to do them as well. Enjoy your time in Paris far better than a suburb in england I wager Very Happy

You must have money to throw away if you're wagering it on a Welsh win this weekend.

Better odds than you passing your GCSE's laughing

Unfortunately you seem to set a low standard here and fail to achieve it, but I (we) appreciate your input. Never let your inability to actually talk about rugby get in your way Whistle

Even a Welshman could pass GCSE's so i'm not overly worried about mine.

rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 08 Feb 2013, 1:24 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:
Glas a du wrote:
Glas a du wrote:England could. Their team has picked up where the 03 lot left off.
Laugh

We beat the sais away last season, France are by far the harder opposition in comparison but we have the ability to do them as well. Enjoy your time in Paris far better than a suburb in england I wager Very Happy

You must have money to throw away if you're wagering it on a Welsh win this weekend.

Better odds than you passing your GCSE's laughing

Unfortunately you seem to set a low standard here and fail to achieve it, but I (we) appreciate your input. Never let your inability to actually talk about rugby get in your way Whistle

Even a Welshman could pass GCSE's so i'm not overly worried about mine.

And never let Wales' complete inability to play winning rugby get in yours.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 08 Feb 2013, 7:04 pm

I disagree with the word 'rebuilding', today more than ever with the fashions that surround international rugby teams are constantly rebuilding toward the next big tournament, with the RWC taking precedant.

It is no excuse however as all teams are building toward the exact same dates, so teams who are weaker are just doing a worse job rather than the only team who is rebuilding!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 08 Feb 2013, 8:58 pm

For me rebuilding is when a side comes to a high point after which many of the experienced players leave and are replaced by younger players. This happened to NZ after 2011 world cup where many left and we blooded 12 new players during 2012.

Thats is the best example of rebuilding I can imagine. So whether its a Wcup, 6N etc those dynamics should be in place.

Any other use of rebuilding are just excuses for losing. "We're rebuilding after changing our coach who wasnt any good".

Whats really happening is things are being tried to improve. Selecting new players because others werent performing isnt rebuilding- its changing selections because previous ones were bad ones.

A rebuild should be from something that was 'successful' and is an attempt to get back there using different people, ideas etc, Rearranging the deck chairs isnt rebuilding.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 5:55 pm

Was reminded of another one today: 'earn the right to play rugby'. You earn the right to play rugby by being a team, being a player in that team and being involved in a fixture! I know, I know, it means getting the forward platform and the basics in place first before being able to play running rugby. However, I still think it sounds daft.

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Sat 09 Feb 2013, 6:15 pm

Take your pick from:

"France"
"flair"
"grandslam"

or maybe:

"Scotland"
"dark"
"horse"
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by charliehesketh Sat 09 Feb 2013, 8:54 pm

Stuart Barnes: "Hammerblow". He still uses it. Did he ever commentate on WWE wrestling ?!

Surely these words are only buzzwords if used incorrectly, out of context, or over-used ?

I suppose I shouldn't start to discuss how much Jonathan Davies (commentator) irritated me today, not strictly just a buzzword problem ...

charliehesketh

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sat 09 Feb 2013, 9:07 pm

Jimpy wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:
Glas a du wrote:
Laugh

Jimpy?? Jimpy?? Hello.......HeELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???
Nah, didn't think so. No cojones

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 10 Feb 2013, 12:01 am

tatterd wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:
Glas a du wrote:
Laugh

Jimpy?? Jimpy?? Hello.......HeELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???
Nah, didn't think so. No cojones

He's a hider, only comes out when he feels he is safe to slag off.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2