The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales changes for Italy

+33
100%beefy
Norfolklass
ScarletSpiderman
Taffineastbourne
RubyGuby
Glas a du
youngguns6
Casartelli
TBJ9625
Comfort
Impossible Standards
Luckless Pedestrian
overlordofthewest
Pot Noodle Miner
maestegmafia
JDizzle
PenfroPete
gboycottnut
pioden gorllewin
thebluesmancometh
Seagultaf
Coleman
doddieman
dragonbreath
dragon999
bedfordwelsh
sickofwendy
Ospreydragon
gavstar
wales606
doctornickolas
majesticimperialman
t1000advancedprototype
37 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Wales changes for Italy - Page 5 Empty Wales changes for Italy

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat 09 Feb 2013, 7:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Are Wales a 2nd half team or are the replacements better players?

I would pick

15. Leigh Halfpenny
14. Alex Cuthbert
13. Jon Davies
12. James Hook (Roberts isn't doing much and he missed tackles)
11. George North
10. Dan Biggar
9. Mike Phillips

8. Toby Faletau
7. Justin Tipuric
6. Ryan Jones
5. Ian Evans
4. Alun-wyn Jones (back from injury)
3. Adam Jones
2. Richard Hibbard
1. Paul James (no brainer)

16. Gethin Jenkins
17. Ken Owens
18. Craig Mitchell
19. Sam Warburton
20. Lloyd Williams
21. Jamie Roberts
22. Lee Byrne

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Wales changes for Italy - Page 5 Empty Re: Wales changes for Italy

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue 19 Feb 2013, 9:29 pm

I am pretty sure Gareth thew the odd bad pass,JPR missed the odd tackle and even I was not perfect.
This obsession with stats is turning us into a bunch of no risk taking civil servants.
Surely we must know a good player when we are watching them?

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 19 Feb 2013, 9:42 pm

Taff

Thats the 64000 dollar question, do we know a good player when we see them? Or do we just see an effective player who does well at that specific time we are watching?

Talent and potential cannot be defined by the best, but end result and effectiveness can be quantified with analysis!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 19 Feb 2013, 11:50 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Taff

Thats the 64000 dollar question, do we know a good player when we see them? Or do we just see an effective player who does well at that specific time we are watching?

Talent and potential cannot be defined by the best, but end result and effectiveness can be quantified with analysis!

Many posters including yourself will say a player had a terrible game because they miss a kick to touch, despite what else they do.

Stats and analysis prove a players worth far more than just watching, but they are to be used as a tool not as a set in stone rule.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 19 Feb 2013, 11:59 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Glas a du wrote:No player can go on forever. He is not the player he was. Hibbard is on fire and Owens makes more yards.

Glas,

When he came on against Ireland our line out was worse and I guess he had more of the ball because Wales in general did, just seems to go from starter to not even on bench seems harsh and he was the only one to do that (Warburtons injury aside). He certainly wasn't he only bad player that first half.

I dont think theres much in it, have to agree with Beds i think Rees has been the better player than Owens most of this season, that said both myself and Bedford were very wrong about Bennett.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 20 Feb 2013, 5:27 am

maestegmafia wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
Glas a du wrote:No player can go on forever. He is not the player he was. Hibbard is on fire and Owens makes more yards.

Glas,

When he came on against Ireland our line out was worse and I guess he had more of the ball because Wales in general did, just seems to go from starter to not even on bench seems harsh and he was the only one to do that (Warburtons injury aside). He certainly wasn't he only bad player that first half.

I dont think theres much in it, have to agree with Beds i think Rees has been the better player than Owens most of this season, that said both myself and Bedford were very wrong about Bennett.

Maes,

Ssshhhhhh, I stil can't bring myself to admit Bennett was any good Doh
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 20 Feb 2013, 7:08 am

I'm starting to miss Bennett
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 20 Feb 2013, 8:06 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Glas,

Maes,

Ha ha ha...!!

He wasn't when you were criticising him.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 20 Feb 2013, 8:34 pm

From PR

Jacques Brunel has made one injury-enforced change to his 30-man squad ahead of Italy's clash with Wales as Luca Morisi replaces Alberto Sgarbi.

Sgarbi suffered an ankle injury in the Azzurri's first round victory over France and therefore missed the game against Scotland last week.

His place is taken by Treviso's 21-year-old back Morisi, ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK_2ahAUHn8 ) who already has two caps for his country.

Italy will be looking to bounce back from that 34-10 defeat to the Scots when they take on the Welsh, who recently beat Les Bleus in Paris.

Italy squad:

Backs: Tommaso Benvenuti, Tobias Botes, Kristopher Burton, Paolo Buso, Gonzalo Canale, Gonzalo Garcia, Edoardo Gori, Tommaso Iannone, Andrea Masi, Luke McLean, Luca Morisi, Luciano Orquera, Giovanbattista Venditti.

Forwards: Roberto Barbieri, Martin Castrogiovanni, Lorenzo Cittadini, Alberto De Marchi, Paul Derbyshire, Simone Favaro, Joshua Furno, Quintin Geldenhuys, Leonardo Ghiraldini, Davide Giazzon, Andrea Lo Cicero, Francesco Minto, Sergio Parisse, Antonio Pavanello, Michele Rizzo, Ratu Manoa Vosawai, Alessandro Zanni.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 21 Feb 2013, 9:37 am

maestegmafia wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Glas,

Maes,

Ha ha ha...!!

He wasn't when you were criticising him.

Maes,

I still think it was a fluke that he found form of is life on the biggest stage and even now I would still be a bag of nerves everytime he picked ball up
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5