The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most entertaining thing of the weekend?

+28
mckay1402
Jimpy
ChequeredJersey
rainbow-warrior
Duty281
Sugarlump
Alex_Germany
gboycottnut
kingjohn7
Notch
captain carrantuohil
A World Cup and 3 Finals
21st Century Schizoid Man
R!skysports
Cyril
Dontheman
GLove39
Biltong
maestegmafia
TJ1
t1000advancedprototype
2ndtimeround
Taylorman
LondonTiger
Pal Joey
Breadvan
IanBru
Looseheaded
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

?

Most entertaining thing of the weekend? Vote_lcap16%Most entertaining thing of the weekend? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
Most entertaining thing of the weekend? Vote_lcap11%Most entertaining thing of the weekend? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
Most entertaining thing of the weekend? Vote_lcap11%Most entertaining thing of the weekend? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Most entertaining thing of the weekend? Vote_lcap53%Most entertaining thing of the weekend? Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 19

Most entertaining thing of the weekend? Empty Most entertaining thing of the weekend?

Post by Looseheaded Sun 10 Feb 2013, 5:01 pm

What for you has been most entertaining?

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Most entertaining thing of the weekend? Empty Re: Most entertaining thing of the weekend?

Post by IanBru Sun 10 Feb 2013, 5:15 pm

Listening to Jonathan Davies describe the Welsh performance last night as a 'great win'.

Whatever you say, Jiff.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Most entertaining thing of the weekend? Empty Re: Most entertaining thing of the weekend?

Post by Breadvan Sun 10 Feb 2013, 5:17 pm

IanBru wrote:Listening to Jonathan Davies describe the Welsh performance last night as a 'great win'.

Whatever you say, Jiff.

Noh fullback Noh fullback!
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 10 Feb 2013, 5:21 pm

None of the above. Smile

Has to be Scotland's open field play and home-made pasta recipe. Tasty stuff!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 10 Feb 2013, 5:23 pm

Referee Tim Wigglesworth taking a kicked ball full in the face makes second place.

The thread demanding Jamie Roberts makes the Lions test team is the absolute funniest thing all year.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 10 Feb 2013, 5:26 pm

Scotland and Italy played by far the better rugby. The other four should have taken a leaf out of that one.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sun 10 Feb 2013, 5:27 pm

Hoggs 1 handed interception and 80 meter sprint.
Who said u can't catch with 1 hand.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sun 10 Feb 2013, 5:27 pm

Hogg should be an option.

Exceptional player

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sun 10 Feb 2013, 5:28 pm

Scotland scoring 4 tries .

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 10 Feb 2013, 5:29 pm

t1000advancedprototype wrote:Hogg should be an option.

Exceptional player

Surely he's booked his ticket here. Maybe 3rd in the queue but lots of future potential for sure. OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sun 10 Feb 2013, 5:43 pm

Linebreaker wrote:
t1000advancedprototype wrote:Hogg should be an option.

Exceptional player

Surely he's booked his ticket here. Maybe 3rd in the queue but lots of future potential for sure. OK

15. Hogg
14. Halfpenny
11. North

With Bowe injured and Cuthberts dodgy defence there is every chance that back 3 could happen.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 10 Feb 2013, 5:58 pm

Two of the worst refereeing performances I have ever seen.

How on earth can Clancy or Garces be allowed to adjudicate such high profile matches....?

Considering the amount of money generated and spent at the OC Nations it is a crying she that the IRB leave us with such refereeing dross.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 10 Feb 2013, 6:05 pm

Most entertaining?

Well I made a huge bonfire at our campsite, the flames danced like a vintage O'Driscoll, and did the slow burn and suffocation usually expected from an English pack of forwards. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sun 10 Feb 2013, 6:19 pm

TJ wrote:Scotland scoring 4 tries .
thumbsup

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 6:54 pm

IanBru wrote:Listening to Jonathan Davies describe the Welsh performance last night as a 'great win'.

Whatever you say, Jiff.

When you lot win in France I'm 100% positive that you'll be calling it a great win, considering how difficult it is to do and how infrequently you/we do it.

I'm not sure I see what is wrong in the statement? 'Great win'. Like great pass. Or great run. Or great scrum. I had a great Sunday dinner today and told my in laws exactly that. Is it not a good thing to beat the French away from home?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 7:14 pm

Griff wrote:

Whatever you say, Jiff.

When you lot win in France I'm 100% positive that you'll be calling it a great win, considering how difficult it is to do and how infrequently you/we do it.

I'm not sure I see what is wrong in the statement? 'Great win'. Like great pass. Or great run. Or great scrum. I had a great Sunday dinner today and told my in laws exactly that. Is it not a good thing to beat the French away from home?

Lets be honest, a lot of people will find any excuse to moan about Jiffy.

My favourite moment was Howley and Edwards' high five attempt yesterday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman Sun 10 Feb 2013, 7:17 pm

Well Hogg's try was brilliant and hilarious almost a Buster Keaton feel about it. Was Orquera off before he touched down? He had his coat on pretty quick. How sad one week the 10 they always wanted the next a pantomime villain. But the best moment for deffo was the joyful exuberance of the North try. The artistry of the approach and gather, the sublime dive, left leg kept clear of touch effectively winning the game, topped off by our boy Leigh. All courtesy of a beautifully placed kick from Biggar. Is he the 10 we've always wanted?

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 10 Feb 2013, 7:26 pm

I found England's hard-fought win in Dublin very entertaining.

Not the best rugby by either side in poor conditions, but it entertained me.

Plenty to enjoy Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Sun 10 Feb 2013, 7:31 pm

Well the Scotland Italy match was quite entertaining

Shame the other 4 teams severed up some much boring rubbish

Who would have thought Scotland would score twice as many tries as all the other teams put together this weekend

Wink

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 10 Feb 2013, 7:40 pm

Yahoo yeeeeeaahhhhhhhh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 10 Feb 2013, 7:53 pm

Riskysports wrote:Who would have thought Scotland would score twice as many tries as all the other teams put together this weekend

Wink

Come on, it was Italy at home. They generally give a side 20-25 points when they travel Wink

Still, well done Scotland! Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Sun 10 Feb 2013, 7:59 pm

Biltong wrote:Most entertaining?

Well I made a huge bonfire at our campsite, the flames danced like a vintage O'Driscoll, and did the slow burn and suffocation usually expected from an English pack of forwards. Whistle

And then exploded with a tedious yet savage thuggery normally expected from any Springbok side Wink

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sun 10 Feb 2013, 8:20 pm

Were there not two sides on the pitch in Dublin? I didn't see too much in the way of knock your socks off back play in Paris, either, but it was still entertaining to watch. There's nothing wrong with attritional Test rugby. You wouldn't want it all the time, but it has its place, and a good side has to be able to manage it.

I'd love to have seen how entertaining the new Scottish Harlem Globetrotters would have managed to be in the prevailing conditions at the Aviva. They played damn well in decent conditions on Saturday, but those conditions were a world away from what the sides were expected to play in today. Under the circumstances, I thought that it was a passable game.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman Sun 10 Feb 2013, 8:44 pm

Looseheaded wrote:What for you has been most entertaining?
We won we won we won we won o Lordy we won we won o yes we did o yes.........

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 10 Feb 2013, 8:50 pm

Scotland scored some cracking tries against Italy. That was a good game. Italy gave it a lash too, attacked and tried to move the ball.

France, Wales, Ireland and England should hang their heads in shame for the dross they served up!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sun 10 Feb 2013, 8:56 pm

Risca Rev wrote:

That was class

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sun 10 Feb 2013, 8:59 pm

Looking at Gabby Logan's hat.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Germany Sun 10 Feb 2013, 9:06 pm

Riskysports wrote:
Who would have thought Scotland would score twice as many tries as all the other teams put together this weekend

Wink

Who would have thought Murrayfield would have the best weather!

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sun 10 Feb 2013, 9:09 pm

Alex_Germany wrote:
Riskysports wrote:

Wink

Who would have thought Murrayfield would have the best weather!

Well they did have the easiest match out of all 3 matches this weekend.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugarlump Sun 10 Feb 2013, 9:14 pm

yeah Shaun Edwards mid-five to Howley's sternum wins!

Sugarlump

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 10 Feb 2013, 9:21 pm

Sugarlump wrote:yeah Shaun Edwards mid-five to Howley's sternum wins!
Yeah agreed. Tried to post a picture but it didn't work Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Cyril on 606v2 on Sun 10 Feb 2013, 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 10 Feb 2013, 9:23 pm

Well there was nothing even remotely entertaining in Paris or Dublin ! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 10 Feb 2013, 9:24 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Well there was nothing even remotely entertaining in Paris or Dublin ! Rolling Eyes
Well done Scotland! Winning at home against Italy. Your Cup Final king

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sun 10 Feb 2013, 9:26 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
Griff wrote:

Whatever you say, Jiff.

Lets be honest, a lot of people will find any excuse to moan about Jiffy.

I literally couldn't stop laughing but none of my mates managed to see it, so just looked backwards.

Brilliant piece of television.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 10 Feb 2013, 9:37 pm

Most entertaining bit of the weekend? Watching arrogant England be put in their place by Ireland. Oh, hang on a minute...

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 10 Feb 2013, 9:44 pm

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:
21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Well there was nothing even remotely entertaining in Paris or Dublin ! Rolling Eyes
Well done Scotland! Winning at home against Italy. Your Cup Final king

You really are a sad little troll aren't you ?

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 10 Feb 2013, 9:46 pm

The full time whistle at Dublin, to stop the most boring thing that happened all week never mind the weekend. The emergence of english 10 man rugby again ZZZZ
In fact the most entertaining thing was reading the letter to Jeremy on the BBC rugby page. The writer asked "......if it was a world cup year would England win the world cup?" I have been informed that help was being sent for this poor deluded person.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 10 Feb 2013, 9:53 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:The full time whistle at Dublin, to stop the most boring thing that happened all week never mind the weekend. The emergence of english 10 man rugby again ZZZZ
In fact the most entertaining thing was reading the letter to Jeremy on the BBC rugby page. The writer asked "......if it was a world cup year would England win the world cup?" I have been informed that help was being sent for this poor deluded person.
Come on, it was way better than the France/Wales game!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 1:09 am

I rather enjoyed the Welsh fan who rushed on to the pitch to hug North after his try! Hug

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Mon 11 Feb 2013, 3:26 am

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:The full time whistle at Dublin, to stop the most boring thing that happened all week never mind the weekend. The emergence of english 10 man rugby again ZZZZ
Really!
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Mon 11 Feb 2013, 5:54 am

GLove39 wrote:I rather enjoyed the Welsh fan who rushed on to the pitch to hug North after his try! Hug

It seems it was George's father who ran on!!
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:54 am

I like how 1 performance (winning in Dublin for the first time in a 6N for 10 years) in the rain against a side that were 30 points up against Wales last week means that everyone can now ignore the last 2 England matches and decide that 10 man rugby has returned!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:57 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:I like how 1 performance (winning in Dublin for the first time in a 6N for 10 years) in the rain against a side that were 30 points up against Wales last week means that everyone can now ignore the last 2 England matches and decide that 10 man rugby has returned!

Did it ever go away?
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:07 am

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:

Only one phrase that could describe it. Trench warfare. By far the least inspiring match of the weekend. And that was by far and a way the worst pitch i've seen outside of the Millenium Stadium - whole rolls of turf were coming up, i'm amazed scrummaging was even possible.

England were away from home and the conditions were not conjucive to running rugby. Lancaster adapted the team's tactics which they executed well. France and Wales can have no excuses, the team that won was the least worse on the day, simple as that.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:13 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:I like how 1 performance (winning in Dublin for the first time in a 6N for 10 years) in the rain against a side that were 30 points up against Wales last week means that everyone can now ignore the last 2 England matches and decide that 10 man rugby has returned!

Did it ever go away?

Well at least temporarily. At looking at the Welsh gameplan at the moment, glass houses and stones come to mind thumbsup
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 12:01 pm

For the first time in I don't know how long Scotland and Wales both won on the same day. Both sides of my psyche are ecstatic.

The most entertaining thing for me was Lamont getting away with his try.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 11 Feb 2013, 12:05 pm

Jiffys scarf knot. Its been slowly growing over the years and is now larger than his head ( literal and metaphorical) . I actually laugh snorted beer when he popped up on the pre match guff wearing it.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 11 Feb 2013, 12:14 pm

Laugh

and how many times did he say 'we' or 'oh nooo!... wrong option!... we should have gone left!' when calling the game?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 11 Feb 2013, 12:22 pm

I see 'Noh Full back'! 'Noh full back'! has replaced 'Numbahs!'

Classic jiffy..
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Mon 11 Feb 2013, 12:25 pm

Funniest thing - Jiffy's comment after Wales were awarded a penalty, "just listen to the booing as he takes this penalty" - followed buy a respectful pin drop silence.
The phrase, 'don't judge others by your own........." springs to mind.

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next