The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cian Healy - cited

+94
dragonbreath
JmD
Knackeredknees
100%beefy
R!skysports
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
Pal Joey
mystiroakey
rapidsnowman
rodders
Thomond
Toohey
Jimpy
yappysnap
A World Cup and 3 Finals
LondonTiger
geoff998rugby
PJHolybloke
Standulstermen
ME-109
red_stag
The Great Aukster
The Boss
Taffineastbourne
gregortree
MacKnocked-on
belovedfrosties
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Glas a du
Dubbelyew L Overate
Mad for Chelsea
asoreleftshoulder
MunsterMac
RubyGuby
formerly known as Sam
aucklandlaurie
Portnoy's Complaint
Effervescing Elephant
gowershowerpower
aitchw
Bathman_in_London
nobbled
GunsGerms
captain carrantuohil
Barney McGrew did it
george doors
Mickado
Norfolklass
Biltong
doctor_grey
Notch
TJ1
reallybored
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Submachine
Morgannwg
Cyril
Gibson
lostinwales
neilthom7
fa0019
MrsP
Artful_Dodger
perand25
sausage1966
BigTrevsbigmac
HammerofThunor
Feckless Rogue
Alex_Germany
ultra
AlastairW
George Carlin
twoeightnine
SecretFly
ChequeredJersey
funnyExiledScot
nathan
Hound_of_Harrow
BlueNote
majesticimperialman
dummy_half
maestegmafia
UlstermaninGlasgow
glamorganalun
Mr Bounce
bluestonevedder
RuggerRadge2611
damage_13
thebluesmancometh
bedfordwelsh
John Cregan
little_badger
98 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Cian Healy - cited - Page 19 Empty Cian Healy - cited

Post by little_badger Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

In other news the Pope is a Catholic (for now at least).

Espnscrum has the hearing set for Wednesday. Predictions on a post card. He may well live to regret a few moments of madness.

little_badger

Back to top Go down

Cian Healy - cited - Page 19 Empty Re: Cian Healy - cited

Post by GunsGerms Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:59 am

Dubbelyew L Overate wrote:You're right, it's not exactly what he said but it is the essence of what he tweeted - it's quite easy to find.

I think "eventually missed the correct amount of games" is quite a good clue, don't you?

When did he say that? The only tweet I saw from him said "it should have been the first three weeks" nothing about the correct amount of games. Are you making things up?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:01 pm

England have had plenty too-

Hartley (biting, gouging and other's)
Grewcock (stamping, punching)
Clark (punching, arm breaking)
Hazell (punching, kneeing)
Ashton(hair pulling, high tackling, shoulder charging)

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:05 pm

red_stag wrote:Ireland has had plenty of thugs.

01 Peter Clohessy (stamped on players head)
02 Jerry Flannery (stamped on players head)
03 John Hayes (stamped on players head)
05 Paul O'Connell (punched a player)
06 Trevor Brennan (punched a fan)
07 Alan Quinlan (eye gouger)
08 Jamie Heaslip (kneed a player in the head)

Rugby is a gentlemans game played by thugs.

Whats big deal (except Dylan Hartley and Callum Clark: I don't like them Very Happy )

What Clohessy did was the worst I have seen from any Irish player probably followed by Brennan punching a fan. Dont think Quinlan's "gouge" was intentended to target the eye area but its history now anyway.

Hayes and O'Connells jig on Healy's head must have hurt a lot.

I did the same thing Heaslip did on occasion. Not great I must admit.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:06 pm

Hartley is in a league of his own IMO.

Losing the plot is lashing out at the breakdown or throwing a punch or starting a fight.

By the age of 26 he has multiple accounts of serious foul play - biting players (8 week ban), eye gouging (26 week ban) and punching (2 week ban).

Ive never seen a coach speak out about an individual in the manner that Gatland did about Hartley where he called his character into question.

Single one off incidents are different to these actions time and again. Hartley belongs in categories like Danny Grewcock.

When Healy has more to add that a once off incident I'll take comparing him and Hartley seriously.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Yes Clohessys stamp was horrendous. Really really really bad. REALLY bad.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:08 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Dubbelyew L Overate wrote:You're right, it's not exactly what he said but it is the essence of what he tweeted - it's quite easy to find.

I think "eventually missed the correct amount of games" is quite a good clue, don't you?

When did he say that? The only tweet I saw from him said "it should have been the first three weeks" nothing about the correct amount of games. Are you making things up?

9.19 pm Thu, Feb 28 in response to a tweet suggesting that he set a good example to young people.

That's assuming that I'm looking at the account of the correct Cian Healy and that it hasn't been hacked.

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 pm

red_stag wrote:Yes Clohessys stamp was horrendous. Really really really bad. REALLY bad.

I watched it live and was shocked. I have done dirty things but that is above and way beyone anything I have ever seen. It was sickening.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Dubbelyew L Overate wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

9.19 pm Thu, Feb 28 in response to a tweet suggesting that he set a good example to young people.

That's assuming that I'm looking at the account of the correct Cian Healy and that it hasn't been hacked.

Fair enough if its out there but I havent seen any such tweet. I think he would be well advised to lay off twitter to be honest if he is going to say stupid things. Not a fan of Healy of Heaslips fondness for Twitter. Most of the time its harmless but they sometimes do it when involved with squads etc. If I was tweeting in work Id probably get a warning. Should be no different for them.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:11 pm

You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
-Welsh hard man Ray Gravell explains his rugby philosophy.

Roughing up opposition has always been part of the game.

Can anyone from B&I claim they arent at least a little proud of the infamous 99 call?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:43 pm

So, on your logic, how do Cole's actions equate to the '74 Springboks?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:50 pm

yeah hartley has done some proper nasty stuff.

I am not going to back him up as an england fan.

Cole on the other hand is a pro on the pitch and he has my respect.

If you havent been caught with your trousers down after a drink you havent lived!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:44 pm

red_stag wrote:Hartley is in a league of his own IMO.

Losing the plot is lashing out at the breakdown or throwing a punch or starting a fight.

By the age of 26 he has multiple accounts of serious foul play - biting players (8 week ban), eye gouging (26 week ban) and punching (2 week ban).

Ive never seen a coach speak out about an individual in the manner that Gatland did about Hartley where he called his character into question.

Single one off incidents are different to these actions time and again. Hartley belongs in categories like Danny Grewcock.

When Healy has more to add that a once off incident I'll take comparing him and Hartley seriously.

He doesnt even register on the Chris Halaufia scale, he just got his 6th ban in a little over 3 years.

I agree comparing Healy to regular offenders like Hartley is ridiculous...it was very out of character for the guy although he did lose it in that match ( there were 3 violent incidents he couldve been at least carded for). Only he will know what made him snap.

The Gatland thing ...oh come on that was clearly an attempt to undermine the player and put pressure on him. Nor is it by any stretch the first time a coach has questioned a players character or temperament, indeed the english made a habit fior years of questioning the entire french pack.

So I agree with half of what you say, the other half is exaggerated to support that point. Hartley is panto villain and an easy get out to defend others misdemeanour's.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:49 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
red_stag wrote:Hartley is in a league of his own IMO.

He doesnt even register on the Chris Halaufia scale, he just got his 6th ban in a little over 3 years.

I agree comparing Healy to regular offenders like Hartley is ridiculous...it was very out of character for the guy although he did lose it in that match ( there were 3 violent incidents he couldve been at least carded for). Only he will know what made him snap.

The Gatland thing ...oh come on that was clearly an attempt to undermine the player and put pressure on him. Nor is it by any stretch the first time a coach has questioned a players character or temperament, indeed the english made a habit fior years of questioning the entire french pack.

So I agree with half of what you say, the other half is exaggerated to support that point. Hartley is panto villain and an easy get out to defend others misdemeanour's.

To count Hartley's biting ban against him without acknowledging the role that Fish-hook Ferris took in the proceedings is a little disingenuous. The harshness of that decision makes a neat counterpoint to the leniency of Stomper Healy's, as does the acceptance of the decision by Hartley/RFU compared to Healy/IRFU's appeal. There's further similarities in that Healy previously suffered a confirmed stamping from Hayes, whilst Hartley suffered a biting from an Ulster player (unconfirmed and summarily dismissed by the ref).

Hartley's propensity for eyeballs in his youth is indefensible, as were the forearms to Best. His response to Gatland's goading was exemplary.

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:35 am

Hartley is a niggle player who sometimes oversteps the mark. His gouging is a good example, but he did pay the price with a ban that was fairly harsh for the time. All reference, tho', to the biting incident is total BS. He was fish-hooked and responded in the correct fashion, I support 100% his response and couldn't care less about the opinions that blame him for that. Suck it up (no pun intended).

As for Healy - he acted like a tw&t and got off lightly. He doesn't have a record for it but let's see how his behaviour develops before too much self-righteous indignation.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:00 am

Dubbelyew L Overate wrote:To count Hartley's biting ban against him without acknowledging the role that Fish-hook Ferris took in the proceedings is a little disingenuous. The harshness of that decision makes a neat counterpoint to the leniency of Stomper Healy's, as does the acceptance of the decision by Hartley/RFU compared to Healy/IRFU's appeal. There's further similarities in that Healy previously suffered a confirmed stamping from Hayes, whilst Hartley suffered a biting from an Ulster player (unconfirmed and summarily dismissed by the ref).

Hartley's propensity for eyeballs in his youth is indefensible, as were the forearms to Best. His response to Gatland's goading was exemplary.

The Citing Commission can only convict on evidence - they are the ones who acknowledge other player's actions and mitigating circumstances.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:21 am

music she'll be counting 20 pages when she comes...music
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:35 am

Barney McGrew did it wrote:Hartley is a niggle player who sometimes oversteps the mark. His gouging is a good example, but he did pay the price with a ban that was fairly harsh for the time. All reference, tho', to the biting incident is total BS. He was fish-hooked and responded in the correct fashion, I support 100% his response and couldn't care less about the opinions that blame him for that. Suck it up (no pun intended).

As for Healy - he acted like a tw&t and got off lightly. He doesn't have a record for it but let's see how his behaviour develops before too much self-righteous indignation.

No evidence whatsoever that he was fish hooked, but don't let facts like that get in the way of your little rant.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:52 am

We all know the type of player Hartley is. In my opinion he was fish hooked, despite the lack of direct video evidence. But that has no bearing on why Healy came into that match with neural synapses severely misfiring. The question for Healy is how he gets on from here. Especially since he is one of the favourites to play for the Lions. We all need him dominating the scrum, not the penalty box.

I wonder if there is a web site which has stats covering the most bans? Also the most yellow and red cards? Just for interest, mind.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Cudmore must be giving Ha'Alafia a run for his money re number of bans.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:24 pm

Surely Cudmore has to be the world's least friendly Canadian?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:30 pm

Ah sure if we are going to go on the unofficial claims we can add another dose of eye gouging (on Ross Ford) and a forearm smash to Richie McCaws head to Hartley.

As for the 26 week ban being harsh he gouged two Wasps players which was taken into account.

Dr Grey - Id be interested too. No idea if there is a site out there that has it.

I agree that Healy was out of line and I agree he got off lightly. But I'm just annoyed at somehow a once off incident has accelerated Healy in line with regular offenders like Hartley (something mentioned earlier in this thread).

No comparison whatsoever.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:43 pm

RedStag, I don't think anyone is saying Healy, at present is in Hartley's league, just that he lost it big time in this one match. The reason this threads gone on so long is, I think the insistence of some posters that he was provoked and what he did was excusable and therefore the one game ban, an appropriate punishment.

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Ah its plain silly to claim it was excusable. He definitely should have been red carded for the stamp and a yellow for his fist of fury (red if they connected).

I think its equally silly though to claim that Healy/IRFU have somehow done something wrong by appealing the issue with the starting date.

The stupid disciplinary should have just said it was a four week ban and this thread would have about 1/10 the amount of comments.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:50 pm

red_stag wrote:Ah its plain silly to claim it was excusable. He definitely should have been red carded for the stamp and a yellow for his fist of fury (red if they connected).

I think its equally silly though to claim that Healy/IRFU have somehow done something wrong by appealing the issue with the starting date.

The stupid disciplinary should have just said it was a four week ban and this thread would have about 1/10 the amount of comments.

Can't argue with that thumbsup

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:31 pm

So this is what page 19 is like?

Cracking view from up here.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:17 pm

A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:
red_stag wrote:Ah its plain silly to claim it was excusable. He definitely should have been red carded for the stamp and a yellow for his fist of fury (red if they connected).

Ah gwan, there must be something in there you disagree with, if you really try...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:25 pm

Glas a du wrote:
A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:

Ah gwan, there must be something in there you disagree with, if you really try...
OK. I disagree the thread would be 1/10 as long. At one point we made a conscious decision to keep this going beyond all sanity. Only after that the disciplary panel accepted the appeal, which propagated the thread even longer. I think we probably would have made 16 or 17 pages.

Satisfied?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Pheck that lets find something to jabble on about.

Grey how is the rugby scene in NYC these days.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Its an Irish thread, They going for ever!!

Leprechaun

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:56 pm

All context freely deleted. All from this thread......
red_stag wrote:Pheck that lets find something to jabble on about.
Glas a du wrote:Sex. It's all about sex. Everything on these boards eventually boils down to the LCD - sex.
lostinwales wrote:I just thought it was a manly thread about manly men doing manly things?
GunsGerms wrote:Always found it fairly uncomfortable giving the prop a reach around when binding at the scrum. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Yes, sometimes, late at night...
maestegmafia wrote:Are you actually serious?
LondonTiger wrote:Dunno about the Dublin working girls, but I have heard that soho hookers charge extra for a bit of stamping when releasing odd shaped balls.
Gibson wrote:That's deep. Far too heavy for me.
Biltong wrote:I suspect this thread will still be running by the time Healy makes his next match for Ireland.
MrsP wrote:Well it will if people keep posting on it to ask why people keep posting on it!
Glas a du wrote:Healy's ban? Is that what this thread is about...
George Carlin wrote:Some people just do not have the discipline to stay off topic.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:58 pm

Laugh clap

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:29 pm

A "tour de farce"...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Great work, Doctor Grey.
It's like a Neil Simon script. All it needs is Jack Lemmon.

We're 68 posts away from the magic 1,000 now. Should we? Could we?

This is surely the 606v2 equivalent of the Filibuster.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:44 pm

So what has actually happened to Healy? I kind of lost the thread a few days back...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:45 pm

And why do Dragons refer to themselves as Turks?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:28 pm

This thread is now odds on to outlast the ban so clap to all contributors for this epic prolongation.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Some verbal Viagra has helped.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:30 pm

Laugh

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:45 am

gregortree wrote:This thread is now odds on to outlast the ban so clap to all contributors for this epic prolongation.

Perhaps the Citing Commission took that into account? They obviously follow rugby fora and know that the matter will be debated ad nauseum on threads like this. To reach the widest audience with their message they have to make their ban a bit controversial, so for a decent lad like Healey they make it short, and for an arch villain like Hartley they make it long.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:26 am

The Great Aukster wrote:Perhaps the Citing Commission took that into account? They obviously follow rugby............
you sure?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:28 am

Rugby? Who said anything about Rugby?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:07 am

The ban expired at midnight - so we win Very Happy

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:14 am

Well, given Healy was banned for 80 minutes, we were always going to win that one.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:27 am

Awwwww, surely its not all over now ? Sad

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:38 am

Morally, we have definitely won. I am feeling more Welsh by the moment.

53 posts until the magic 1,000.

I wonder if Mrs Healy ever listens to the Elton John classic 'Cian You Feel The Love Tonight'?

picard
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:46 am

George Carlin wrote:Morally, we have definitely won. I am feeling more Welsh by the moment.

53 posts until the magic 1,000.

I wonder if Mrs Healy ever listens to the Elton John classic 'Cian You Feel The Love Tonight'?

picard

Bravo!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:03 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AdtR-d2HJQ

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:05 pm

Maybe we should just get this moved to the pub threads? Took about it over a pint...

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:06 pm

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xjLUWvJNrBA
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:27 pm

George Carlin wrote:53 posts until the magic 1,000.
Serious question for which I immediately apologise. But where does 606v2 show how many posts or how many to go? Or even how many on a page?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next