The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 Guineas...as i see it.

3 posters

Go down

2000 Guineas...as i see it. Empty 2000 Guineas...as i see it.

Post by racingnut Fri 29 Apr - 19:22

The first Classic of the season is but hours away and all the talking stops,heres my take on the protaganists.

BROOX-no chance.
CASAMENTO-very solid 2yo form and while he will stay further he looks to have a run style to suit this track,stable making fairly bullish noises and at the current odds i think hes very solid ew material.
DUBAWI GOLD-nice horse in the right grade but this is at least one bridge too far,well held by more than one of these on 2yo form.
FRANKEL-blemish free record with top flight 2yo form,a certainty on everything we know but im not sure of him going on ground this quick.
FURY-nice 2yo form but i reckon he'll end up being a sprinter.
HAPPY TODAY-wants further and just isnt good enough.
LOVING SPIRIT-form in the book screams that hes not good enough.
NATIVE KHAN-will love the drying ground but he didnt strike me as a Classic winner in waiting when winning the Craven.
PATHFORK-solid top flight 2yo form,linked closely with Casamento but why is he half the odds? Will battle away all day but might lack for a change of gear.
REROUTED-pacemaker,no chance.
RODERIC O CONNOR-rock solid efforts last two 2yo outings,looks to need further but connections know what it takes to win this.If left alone on the front end he might take some hauling back.
SAAMID-flopped in the Dewhurst but previous form was progressive although jockey bookings suggest hes the second string.To my mind hes the best of the "rags".
SLIM SHADEY-giving the owners a day out

There will be no hiding place,a pacemaker and two or three others who like to race prominently will ensure its a true test.Frankel aside it looks a very closely matched heat,i respect Roderic O Connor but think hes more of a Derby horse,Pathfork has done nothing wrong but represents no value whatsoever so the pin drops on Casamento.Nothing to find with Pathfork on 2yo form,he has a straightforward run style that will suit this track and the fact that connections let him take his chance in this rather than going to York speaks volumes.Very solid ew claim.

1.Casmento
2.Frankel
3.Roderic O Connor

racingnut

Back to top Go down

2000 Guineas...as i see it. Empty Re: 2000 Guineas...as i see it.

Post by Solerina Fri 29 Apr - 20:38

Interesting post Racingnut : )

The 2000 Guineas as I see it...

1st Frankel

2nd Casamento

3rd Fury

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 30 Apr - 9:03

Enjoy the racing everyone.

I'm out most of the day so will unfortunately miss the big race.

Come on Frankel Yahoo

Good luck to those having bets : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Sat 30 Apr - 10:01

looking forward to the racing today.
still can't see beyond Frankel though I can see why Casamento has been tipped up on here.

the 3 horses which are maybe worth an each way interest and I think are overpriced are: Saamid, Fury and Dubawi Gold

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down