The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French Guineas

2 posters

Go down

French Guineas Empty French Guineas

Post by racingnut Sun 15 May 2011, 7:32 pm

Two more Classics today with plenty of interest from all quarters and horses laying down their claims.Both ended up with decisive victors in the shape of Golden Lilac in the 1000 and Tin Horse in the 2000.The former won in taking fashion,she was smartly away,sat just off the pace(looked to be pedestrian)then made her move between 1 and 2 out and came home nicely clear under only moderate pressure.She reminded me of the stables Prix du Jockey Club winner of last year,Lope De Vega,in that her run style is identical and she gives the impression that a step up in trip wont go amiss.The Diane is surely next on the cards.
Wooton Bassett was all the rage for the 2000 but a wide draw tempered my enthusiasm and the fact that all hasnt gone swimmingly with his prep.He popped the gates and was right on the front end but Hanagan had to use a lot of gas to get there if truth be told and he refused to drop the bit.Even though he was a couple clear entering the straight he looked a sitting duck and he had no answer to the late finishers,Tin Horse ,who had a perfect sit on the rail in fourth or fifth the whole way,came through strongly at the end and won snuggly.Nice performance but i dont think Frankel has much to worry about.Dont think Wooton Bassett truly stayed the mile here,in last years Lagadiere he got a soft lead and it was in fact Tin Horse who was doing all the best work at the end to force a dead heat for second,on that formline over the extra furlong today then there should have been little between them.If you take into account their draws and run styles then you can argue that they have run almost to the pound.It has the look of solid if unspectacular form.Wooton Bassett just looks like a sprinter to me,he might be a Mozart type in that although he tackled the Classic mile it might be at shorter trips that he excels.He would be of interest to me later in the year,maybe in something like the July Cup because he certainly has the cruisng speed needed.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

French Guineas Empty Re: French Guineas

Post by steveo77 Mon 16 May 2011, 9:11 am

Wooton Bassett and Maqassid both drawn in stall 14.
no chance furious

steveo77

Back to top Go down