The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragons 28 - 15 Blues - Game Discussion

3 posters

Go down

Dragons 28 - 15 Blues - Game Discussion Empty Dragons 28 - 15 Blues - Game Discussion

Post by Shifty Sat 30 Apr 2011, 10:28 am

Fantastic performance from the Dragons. Toby Faletau man of the Match, though Brew, and Tovey could easily of got it also. They also looked to have unearthed a gem in Steffan Jones at Full Back who made his debut today scoring a very cheeky try.

Dan Parks had a terrible game for the Blues one of the worst he's played this year. He was eventually hauled off the pitch after kicking the ball dead (again).
The Dragons are playing expansive rugby with very agressive defence, and are looking like a team on form.
Great match for a neutral to watch at a packed and loud Rodney Parade! Yahoo
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Dragons 28 - 15 Blues - Game Discussion Empty Re: Dragons 28 - 15 Blues - Game Discussion

Post by ospreylian Sat 30 Apr 2011, 12:20 pm

DY in an interview said that the blues need to get into the right places and were the team trying to play rugby.................the Dragons, as he knew they would, played three phases then kicked!!!!????
Only a bitter DY could come out with that, almost on a par with his "Dream Team" jibe?

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Dragons 28 - 15 Blues - Game Discussion Empty Re: Dragons 28 - 15 Blues - Game Discussion

Post by Totallybiasedscarlet Sat 30 Apr 2011, 12:33 pm

That was a bit of a weird comment from Dai. I thought the Dreigiau competed well at the breakdown, offloaded the ball away from trouble and attacked the spaces in the Blues defence very cleverly. They showed up really well against a strong Blues pack and Tovey pinned them back with an astute display of tactical kicking. The best part of the game for me however was Steffan Jones - Wales are desperately short on quality full-backs and with Martyn Thomas KO'd I've been concerned about our strength in depth there. Looks like there's one for the future at the Dragons. I understand the lad's scored 300+ points for Cross Keys this season. Let's hope he gets a run for the Dragons up until christmas. If he shows good form he could be one for next years 6N. I would definitely say the shirt is there to be taken right now so who knows!
Totallybiasedscarlet
Totallybiasedscarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down