The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**** 21/02/2011 SPOILER & RAW SPOILER****

5 posters

Go down

Which would be the better match at Wrestlemania?

**** 21/02/2011 SPOILER & RAW SPOILER**** Vote_lcap67%**** 21/02/2011 SPOILER & RAW SPOILER**** Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 10 ]
**** 21/02/2011 SPOILER & RAW SPOILER**** Vote_lcap33%**** 21/02/2011 SPOILER & RAW SPOILER**** Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 15

**** 21/02/2011 SPOILER & RAW SPOILER**** Empty **** 21/02/2011 SPOILER & RAW SPOILER****

Post by Guest Tue 01 Feb 2011, 7:24 pm

Raw teased us this week with the 21/02/2011 Vignette

Seeing as various dirt sheets are confirming that Sting has signed a one year contact, for me there is only one person he would face at Wrestlemania; Undertaker.

The 'dark' promos and mysterious goings on would be epic, although the match itself could be poor.
Sting is 51 yrs old now.

But it was only a week ago that Taker was penciled in to meet Barrett at Wrestlemania, continuing on from the buried alive match with Kane when Nexus got involved.

2 possibilities, which would you prefer to see and why?

Back to top Go down

**** 21/02/2011 SPOILER & RAW SPOILER**** Empty Re: **** 21/02/2011 SPOILER & RAW SPOILER****

Post by Cymru1991 Tue 01 Feb 2011, 8:34 pm

I would prefer to see 'Taker and Sting for a few reasons. One; Because Taker is clearly way past his prime and doesn't have long left, what good would it be for him to beat someone like Barrett, and perhaps taking away any monetum that he's building up; and of course looking at it the other way, is it really in the WWE's interest to end his streak? (after all, a 20-0 DVD would sell a lot better than 19-1). Also, I would LOVE to see 'Taker/ Sting because I was a brought up on the 90's product and I would seriously mark out to it... like, SERIOUSLY!!

Cymru1991

Back to top Go down

**** 21/02/2011 SPOILER & RAW SPOILER**** Empty Re: **** 21/02/2011 SPOILER & RAW SPOILER****

Post by Samo Tue 01 Feb 2011, 9:25 pm

I'd rather see Taker-Barrett to be honest. What would Sting get from being buried by Taker in his First PPV with the WWE? Where as the Deadman can make Barrett look really good while still winning, which would benefit him greatly. I've nothing against Sting signing, but their doing it at the wrong time. Should have signed him after Mania like Goldberg, so they could big him up all year for an eventual dissapointment at next years Mania.

Sting has nothing to gain by joining the WWE at this point, not to mention his debut will be a massive downer because half the fans wont have a scooby who he is.

Im not a Sting hater btw, I just think this move should have been made years ago, and its now a waste.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Feb 2011, 9:34 pm

one theme that is generated through your comments is the streak.

Cymru1991, People have said all along that if the streak is to broken, it should be done by a new star to launch his career in way that has never been done. Is Barrett that man?

Again Samo, "the Deadman can make Barrett look really good while still winning" is there a possibility of Barrett winning.

Turning to Sting, the match between them has the potential to be a brilliant build up. Yes the match could be poor, but the build up would hype the match, make money and make a wrestlemania moment that most people did not expect to see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymru1991 Tue 01 Feb 2011, 9:44 pm

Y I Man wrote:one theme that is generated through your comments is the streak.

Cymru1991, People have said all along that if the streak is to broken, it should be done by a new star to launch his career in way that has never been done. Is Barrett that man?

That's a very good point to be fair, but I honestly don't think that the WWE will break the streak. They'd be taking a big risk with no real guaranteed reward because it could mess up their future Undertaker merchandise sales like I said, and also there are alternatives to getting someone over. Let's just assume that Barrett gets his push, beats 'Taker clean at WM and ends the streak- we assume that signals a big BIG push.. what if Barrett can't live up to that push? then the WWE are in a position where they have 'tarnished' one of their biggest ever stars (arguably) and have ended up with a guy who didn't live up to the billing they gave him (case in point: Warrior beating Hogan clean at WM and being propelled to superstardom and for one reason or another not living up to it and making the money he should/ could have done). But hey, by then Vince Russo might be on the booking team so undertaker might wrestle under his real name and lie down for Barrett, while Barrett gets on the mic and uses a load of "smark" phrases a la Hogan/ Jarrett at bash at the beach.. anything's possible!! Very Happy

Cymru1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 01 Feb 2011, 9:48 pm

Y I Man wrote:

Again Samo, "the Deadman can make Barrett look really good while still winning" is there a possibility of Barrett winning.

If they build it up right, they can make it look like ANYONE can beat the Undertaker. I just think that Barrett would get more out of it that Sting.

Just sounds like they're going for the big money draw tbh.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Feb 2011, 9:55 pm

that is the flaw with the streak, because its gone on for so long no one can see it broken.
quoting your merchandise & Undertakers legendary status etc

There was only one time i actually thought the streak would be broken and thats the match with HBK when he put his career on the line.

Could Barrett live up to the push of beating Taker? I generally think he could but only if they keep him away from a stable and push him on his own.

Sting match however, is purley a gimmick money match, and we know who would win that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymru1991 Wed 02 Feb 2011, 3:04 am

Y I Man wrote:
There was only one time i actually thought the streak would be broken and thats the match with HBK when he put his career on the line.

I was convinced that the streak was going to end with Taker/ Michaels I at WM, because the match itself was just SO well worked.. that's the only time I've ever genuinely thought that the streak would end.

Cymru1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Feb 2011, 9:02 am

There's no guarantee that it will be Sting v 'Taker at Mania.

They could easily hold off on it till SummerSlam, maybe even next years WM. Keep teasing it.

And if 'Taker isn't fit, they could go with 'Taker & Sting v The Corre, rather than the ridiculous 'Taker & Kane angle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 02 Feb 2011, 9:04 am

I really REALLY want it to be HHH in a trenchcoat playing with the fanboys! :606laugh:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Feb 2011, 9:12 am

I'd rather it was Steph and she's ONLY wearing the trenchcoat! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 02 Feb 2011, 9:27 am

As it is so sinister its bound to be Chyna wearing the coat, with nothing on underneath Shocked

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Wed 02 Feb 2011, 9:54 am

If the streak is to be broken by an up and coming star, as mentioned before there is a risk of that guy not living up to the hype, much like when Warrior beat Hogan clean. I have a feeling Barrett is not the man to end the streak for this reason. Barrett is a good wrestler, but I would prefer to see Ziggler (who I believe is the new Mr Perfect) or Morrison (not his biggest fan but can see him getting over massively with kids) be the man to do this. I think a tag match would be good for Taker at this years WM, it will be easier for him to get through with his injuries and will be a change, as the Michaels matches will be ahrd to live up to. At WM next year surely it has to be Cena vs Taker for the crowd reaction.

Back to Sting, if this is true, I am not sure of the merit of having him appear now. I also thought about the possibility of it being Raven? A dark HHH in a trench coat would be a great swerve.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymru1991 Wed 02 Feb 2011, 2:01 pm

theanimal316 wrote:
Back to Sting, if this is true, I am not sure of the merit of having him appear now. I also thought about the possibility of it being Raven? A dark HHH in a trench coat would be a great swerve.

Knowwing the WWE, it's probably partly so they can induct him into the HOF (petty because I really don't think the company you've worked for should decide if you get inducted or not).

Here's another variable: How weird would it be if come 'Mania, the Bladerunners music hits and out walks Sting and Jim Hellwig.. Now regardless of how bad a potential match with Taker could be, that would be the mother of all anticlimaxes i reckon.

Cymru1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed 02 Feb 2011, 2:56 pm

How about 'Taker vs. Sting vs. HHH (Darker version w/ trenchcoat as standard) Shocked
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down