The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France actually pick a decent team with players in the RIGHT positions.

+11
rosbif
majesticimperialman
Breadvan
whocares
dgttaylor
dragonbreath
GunsGerms
Hood83
bedfordwelsh
100%beefy
t1000advancedprototype
15 posters

Go down

Who will win?

France actually pick a decent team with players in the RIGHT positions. Vote_lcap55%France actually pick a decent team with players in the RIGHT positions. Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 17 ]
France actually pick a decent team with players in the RIGHT positions. Vote_lcap45%France actually pick a decent team with players in the RIGHT positions. Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 14 ]
France actually pick a decent team with players in the RIGHT positions. Vote_lcap0%France actually pick a decent team with players in the RIGHT positions. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 31

France actually pick a decent team with players in the RIGHT positions. Empty France actually pick a decent team with players in the RIGHT positions.

Post by t1000advancedprototype Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:03 pm

Just England's luck that France decide to field a normal team for once.

I don't think there will be much in this game, but France will be deseperate to not lose 3 in a row and their backline looks sublime (when players are picked in the right positions!). Fofana at 12 with beast at 13 is going to be mouth watering.

France by 1-2 points.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

France actually pick a decent team with players in the RIGHT positions. Empty Re: France actually pick a decent team with players in the RIGHT positions.

Post by 100%beefy Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:18 pm

Yes this is a normal, proper team, no excuses for a French loss

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

France actually pick a decent team with players in the RIGHT positions. Empty Re: France actually pick a decent team with players in the RIGHT positions.

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:28 pm

I think we will see a more fluid and solid performance from France but despit having had a flutter on 3 away wins I think England will stil have enough at home.

As a neutral I am glad he has had the sense to put Fofana back at centre the guy is class.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:26 pm

I'm going for a narrow French win, but it's entirely based on their desire not to lose 3 on the bounce, something I can't see happening.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:39 pm

You can get 3/1 odds on France. Now that's a bet worth taking. I reckon France will take it.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:44 pm

the pressure on both side sis immense and very different.

This is a simple must win for France and will tend towards one of 2 outcomes...they will comeout of the traps in all their Gallic glory and Parra and Clerc will cut swathes through the English or they will freeze up under the pressure and go into their coquilles.

ForEngland the GS pressure is there whatever Dawson says about it being the Championship...there is also the inevitable expectation of being favourites.

Which side will flinch first because it may be that both sides cancel the other out and play tight rugby with unforced errors determining the victor....lets hope not. I owuld love to see France put down a few quick scores to froce England to let loose.

Could be a corker or a crapper

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:54 pm

I think Lancaster may be looking for a wainwright on Saturday night. England's chariot may need some running repairs.

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by dgttaylor Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:20 pm

You can get 2-1 on France at +8. Free money.

dgttaylor

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:37 pm

dont think France gets any extra pressure other than the one to do well for themselves. we dont really care about losing 2 or 3 games in a row nor getting the spoon now, we do care about winning against england though Wink
England still massive favourites for this game so we only have upside.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:40 pm

Meh...France have picked a proper side against England for the past 6 seasons and we've only lost once ( by 2 points no less) especially when Eng didn't have what many believed, a decent side. Eng to win by 10... chin
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:02 pm

I went for an England win. But then i noticed that France have picked Players in their proper potions. So this could be a far tighter game then i was expecting.

France do not like to lose against England, but they do find it difficult to beat them at Twickerham. But that does not mean then wont give their best.

England by 7/10 points.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:16 pm

One more thing England cannot afford to become complacent this week end.

I know England have won their first 2 games, and France have lost their first 2 games. Take France lightly. And they will hurt you big time.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by rosbif Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:18 pm

My French friend has wimped out of watching the match with me so they have zero confidence England by 20 points

rosbif

http://www.brittanygite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:16 am

I just can't see France losing 3 games on the trot and England are looking too over confident. Truth be told you'd expect France fold like a pack of cards and get smashed.

No pressure on France so they can just play rugby, a relaxed France team knowing their expected to lose, they will also be focused against England their main rivals.

For me this game has upset written all over it. Very Happy
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:22 am

Shifty wrote:I just can't see France losing 3 games on the trot and England are looking too over confident. Truth be told you'd expect France fold like a pack of cards and get smashed.

No pressure on France so they can just play rugby, a relaxed France team knowing their expected to lose, they will also be focused against England their main rivals.

For me this game has upset written all over it. Very Happy

Really Where have you any evidence of that then? I think you're getting confused with the players and coaching staff, who as far as I can tell, have their feet firmly on the ground - and the bargain basement punditry prevalent on this forum.

All i've heard from Lancaster is that they're taking this 6N one game at a time and that France are going to be a massive challenge.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:42 am

You need to read Marlers colums more often Jimpy; he has you number 1 in the world right now Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:32 am

RubyGuby wrote:You need to read Marlers colums more often Jimpy; he has you number 1 in the world right now Yahoo
Go back and read it again, Ruby.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:40 am

No you go back and read it again thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:44 am

I've read it and understood it. Stop ruining threads please Ruby.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:45 am

Now get back in the bowl thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Breadvan wrote:Meh...France have picked a proper side against England for the past 6 seasons and we've only lost once ( by 2 points no less) especially when Eng didn't have what many believed, a decent side. Eng to win by 10... chin

Very Happy
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down