The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sale vs Quins

4 posters

Go down

Sale vs Quins Empty Sale vs Quins

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 21 Feb 2013, 5:33 pm

Sale Sharks Squad Announcement
Steve Diamond has named his team to play Harlequins at the Salford City Stadium on Friday evening, kick off 8pm. Sharks are hoping to maintain their winning run that started four games ago with a win over Scarlets in the LV-Cup.

Since then Sharks have been to Wasps and inflicted their first defeat at Adams Park this season and added the scalps of Exeter Chiefs and London Welsh.

Harlequins however are probably the toughest test yet. They are reigning Aviva Premiership Champions and have won their last five away games. Their last defeat away from the Stoop was last November when they lost 18-21 to Bath at The Rec.

Sale lost heavily at the Stoop back in September (14-37) and the last time Sharks beat Quins was back in September 2010 with a 21-17 win at Edgeley Park.

Referee for the game on Friday is Martin Fox who will be officiating at his 85thPremiership game and he will be assisted by Robin Goodliffe and Gareth Copsey.

Quins showed just what they are capable of with a 25-21 win over Leicester Tigers at the Stoop last week with young Ben Botica kicking 6 penalties and a conversion. Botica was a last minute replacement for Nick Evans who pulled up in the pre match warm up.

Team Cameron Shepherd , Charlie Amesbury, Jonny Leota, Sammy Tuitupou, Mark Cueto, Danny Cipriani, Will Cliff, Ross Harrison, Tommy Taylor, Henry Thomas, Fraser Mckenzie, Kearnan Myall, Dan Braid, David Seymour Captain, James Gaskell

Replacements Marc Jones, Eifion Lewis-Roberts, Tony Buckley, Tom Holmes, Richie Vernon, Cillian Willis, Nick Macleod, Will Addison

Harlequins have announced the team that will play Sale Sharks in Round 16 of the Aviva Premiership, at the Salford City Stadium tomorrow night (kick-off 8pm).
There are two changes to the starting line-up that defeated Leicester Tigers last week. In the backs, Karl Dickson returns to start at scrum-half for Danny Care who is on England duty alongside Mike Brown, Joe Marler and Chris Robshaw.

Ben Botica continues at fly-half while Nick Evans recovers from an ankle injury which ruled him out of last week's fixture. Evans will be fit to return next week against the Exeter Chiefs.

In the forwards, Tom Guest has not fully recovered from a knock picked up during the win against Leicester, so Captain Nick Easter returns to the back-row and joins Maurie Fa'asavalu and Luke Wallace.

With Botica starting, Rory Clegg returns from Leeds and is named among the replacements.

Harlequins team

15. Ross Chisholm
14. Tom Williams
13. Matt Hopper
12. Jordan Turner-Hall
11. Ugo Monye
10. Ben Botica
9. Karl Dickson

1. Mark Lambert
2. Joe Gray
3. James Johnston
4. Charlie Matthews
5. George Robson
6. Maurie Fa'asavalu
7. Luke Wallace
8. Nick Easter (C)

16. Rob Buchanan
17. Darryl Marfo
18. Will Collier
19. Sam Twomey
20. Joe Trayfoot
21. Jordan Burns
22. Rory Clegg
23. George Lowe
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Sale vs Quins Empty Re: Sale vs Quins

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 21 Feb 2013, 5:34 pm

Would like to see Burns get on the pitch at SH or wing
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 22 Feb 2013, 7:08 pm

Got a little bit of a worry about this game, Sale have turned it on against us in the past and we're currently looking a little off colour. Could be an upset on the cards.

Need the backs to click a little more then they have been recently (if that's possible away at Sale!!) and the pack to just keep doing what they're doing. Botica nailing everything again would be good as well.

Head say's Quins by 5 gut say's Sale by 10.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 22 Feb 2013, 7:36 pm

Sorry yappy, but as i expect us to lose tomorrow (lord that will be a depressing drive back south) I am hoping your gut is right.

Mind Quins and Sarries are both bette rthan us - so 3rd palce is probably the best we can hope for.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 22 Feb 2013, 7:49 pm

Don't be sorry, I'm hoping for you two to draw tomorrow as well! Very Happy

More than ever I think top spot will be key this season. The top three can all win or lose to each other in a one off game but I just don't feel that from any of the potential fourth place teams.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 23 Feb 2013, 12:36 am

Comfortable in the end that. Well played Sale and nice to see no excuses from
Diamond afterward. Just back from Bloc Party Gig. Boxed
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 23 Feb 2013, 12:31 pm

Seems like a good win in the end, curious to know what happened to let a try in within the first minute.

Shame we couldn't get the tbp, starting to think they'll be pretty scarse this season.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon 25 Feb 2013, 1:58 pm

Saw highlights show last night - looked like a missed tackle from Chisholm to let the 1st Sale try in.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 25 Feb 2013, 3:40 pm

He's still looking a bit rusty (very rusty) but then he did have a fair bit of time out. I saw him in the gym a month or so before his first game back and that leg still looked ropey, he definitely won't have his full pace back for a while yet and seems a little hesitant in contact.

I have faith he'll come good though, he looked absolute class at the end of last season.

Still waiting for a good performance from OLH, I missed the A league final but heard amazing things and ever since he's looked a little lost.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon 25 Feb 2013, 3:45 pm

Agree yappy - just needs game time and confidence.
JTH had a real dip in form/confidence when coming back from his injury and is really only recently starting to really hit the line and suck in defenders.

OLH - yes, i've seen him fly. But he's still converting from 7's I think. Very useful when the game breaks up but gets lost in the more physical encounters. He will get there though I think.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:34 pm

Fair enough, well I hope they and the rest of the backs find their form from last season by the playoffs, as Saracens are looking scary at the moment and Munster won't be a picnic!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down