The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-FORCE IS COMING

+16
eddyfightfan
Boxtthis
Duty281
JabMachineMK2
djlovesyou
Gee
rob-glos
Cast a Shadow
6oldenbhoy
Valero's Conscience
Rick James
TheMackemMawler
milkyboy
azania
hampo17
rycoys
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A-FORCE IS COMING - Page 2 Empty A-FORCE IS COMING

Post by rycoys Fri 22 Feb 2013, 6:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

theres a hype train comeing , the a force express and im on bored! its hes destiny and YES HE CAN !!!

seriously tho am fully behind him tomorrow tho , the guy is playing up to the perception people have off him and is quite entertaining, although a rubbish boxer!

rycoys

Back to top Go down

A-FORCE IS COMING - Page 2 Empty Re: A-FORCE IS COMING

Post by Gee Sat 23 Feb 2013, 10:27 pm

Gee wrote:Lewie thingy if he bum rushes Audrey beats him.

Mark my words.

Audley wins a UD.

This time mark my words, really....

Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:21 pm

Gee wrote:
Gee wrote:Lewie thingy if he bum rushes Audrey beats him.

Mark my words.

Audley wins a UD.

This time mark my words, really....

TKO!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:23 pm

Brilliant stuff from Audley!!

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:24 pm

Is Audley the first 2 time PF winner?

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:25 pm

FreekShow wrote:Is Audley the first 2 time PF winner?

You missed a 'P' at the end of PF!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:26 pm

Happy for Audley. He's taken a lot of abuse over the years. Much self inflicted. But all credit to him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:27 pm

azania wrote:Happy for Audley. He's taken a lot of abuse over the years. Much self inflicted. But all credit to him.

Sounds like you Wink

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:28 pm

It's impossible to whole heartedly dislike the bloke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:30 pm

Eddie Hearn appeared slightly embarrassed during that interview.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:31 pm

Now he's talking about a world title shot picard

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:34 pm

Words you never thought you'd say: Audley looked pretty good regardless of the opposition.

He's stunk the place out way, way too many times for any 'all is forgiven' speeches, but fair play for tonight.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:35 pm

azania wrote:Now he's talking about a world title shot picard

It's his destiny az

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:35 pm

He looked a class apart tonight but christ - every single time he's stepped past domestic he's looked bad. Sprott would have got the UD in their fight had he got up so he's not even European level. He should stay as a domestic gatekeeper for the next couple of years until he looks crap. Thing is with Audley, he talks himself up to world level, then loses and comes straight back down to obscurity, he needs to rebuild his career by earning a decent wage being the test for domestic heavies.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:36 pm

Oh dear`Lord.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:37 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:He looked a class apart tonight but christ - every single time he's stepped past domestic he's looked bad. Sprott would have got the UD in their fight had he got up so he's not even European level. He should stay as a domestic gatekeeper for the next couple of years until he looks crap. Thing is with Audley, he talks himself up to world level, then loses and comes straight back down to obscurity, he needs to rebuild his career by earning a decent wage being the test for domestic heavies.

To be fair against Sprott he was fighting with one arm.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:44 pm

... He regularly fought with no arms

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:03 am

No heart you mean.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 1:46 pm

Audley's gonna get himself a shot at the World Title, then he's going to land that one shot - Yes He Can!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 2:02 pm

I hope he does.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Sun 24 Feb 2013, 2:09 pm

Audley should try and make a fight with Tony Thompson in the States - think that's one he could win and a sanctioning body might be mad enough to make it an eliminator.

Those wins have done him a lot of good in terms of rankings, as essentially it counts as three victories over half-decent opposition. Will be interesting to see if he appears in a top 15 anywhere...

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Sun 24 Feb 2013, 2:53 pm

Sprott would have got the UD in their fight had he got up

He was too busy licking the canvas to get up.

It's 12 rounds, 3 minutes in each. Not 11 rounds and we'll call it quits as Sprott was well ahead.

Send him in with Fury, be fun to watch those 2 spout all manner of bulls**t in the lead-up if nothing else.

Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Sun 24 Feb 2013, 4:15 pm

Gee wrote:
Sprott would have got the UD in their fight had he got up

He was too busy licking the canvas to get up.

It's 12 rounds, 3 minutes in each. Not 11 rounds and we'll call it quits as Sprott was well ahead.

Send him in with Fury, be fun to watch those 2 spout all manner of bulls**t in the lead-up if nothing else.

I'd love to see the Fury vs Audley build up!

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Feb 2013, 4:41 pm

lets not get carried away, unless its over 3 rounds audley has little chance of winning any significant fights.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 4:44 pm

This new and improved Audley should rematch price. Lets face it, they're both going nowherefast

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Sun 24 Feb 2013, 5:40 pm

Audley's had more false dawns than anyone, but (can't believe I'm saying this) I think we stumbled across a massive part of the answer last night.

Speed, reflexes and flexibility are a massive part of the 'aggressive counter-puncher' game that Audley has been trying to play since he turned pro.

For whatever reason, perhaps to buy some security as his punch resistance will never be all that, he went down the 18 stone bodybuilder route. At the start of his pro career, he was flabby and out of shape.

Then he became musclebound and chronically slowed himself down, which caused its own problems in terms of stamina.

He was never fast or flexible enough to be the fighter he wanted to be. I think re-establishing his friendship with David Haye has clearly helped, and maybe getting his weight right down was partly Haye's idea?

Was I alone in noticing a massive difference in the leaner, more athletic Audley? It's all probably a bit too late, but to put it politely, he's hardly been in many wars so maybe he has more in the tank than most at 41.

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 6:11 pm

I think While he does talk alot I do think he had a point in that he was out of the ring for 2 years before fighting Price which would not have helped him and last night he looked pretty decent.

Watching Audley fight in his last few fights was really frustrating as the moment someone put him under pressure on the inside he just went in a shell. Last night was actually refreshing as he countered all three fighters when they tried to get inside rather than going in his shell, the result?, they had to react to him and think twice about steaming... and when they did he met them with punches!...

the opposition was not world class no, but it was hungry and people did expect some of the fighters to give Audley problems, but to be fair he coasted through with good boxing and using his attributes perfectly..

But he is 41 and is simply not consistent enough. This is what he has always done, show what talent he has and then let him self down. Bottom line he is a very good domestic level fighter and a good Euro Level fighter but when he goes up against world class opposition he does not have enough.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Sun 24 Feb 2013, 6:15 pm

azania wrote:This new and improved Audley should rematch price. Lets face it, they're both going nowherefast

Azania, you do realise you're setting yourself up for a fairly big fall, well not a fall but more then mother and father of hellacious abuse, when Fury loses? To be fair he should have a "1" in his loss column after fat John Mac handed him a one sided loss only to somehow lose the decision.

But I digress.

I'd be more concerned about Price if he got outboxed. As it is he got caught with a punch and in HW boxing that happens. Lewis fought back from the big shock against McCall, not putting Price in the same potential league as Lewis either before you jump on that. Merely pointing out many fighters have been stopped and then gone on to greater things. Pacquiao for instance? And he got blasted out twice?

Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 6:24 pm

Why should I get abused? Fury will lose. But he's not being talked about as some kind of second coming. Fury is not a chinless wonder who folded the moment his chin was looked at with bad intentions.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 6:26 pm

Az I would suggest taking a few seconds of your time and watch the punch Ingleby landed in Prices first fight, looked a lot cleaner and harder than last nights and didn't put him down. Strange.

Anyway Eddie Hearn is now managing Audley so it'll be interesting to see where he can take him.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 6:49 pm

Yrah well, Maidana detonated a bomb on Khahs chin and he stood up to it. Garcia hit his neck and he became a fish out of water. Doesn't stop people calling him chinny does it? The maidana punch would have ko'd many others and loked harder that the other punches that decked him.

Anyway do you have a link to the fight?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 6:51 pm

On my phone sorry, it is available on youtube but only the whole fight and I couldn't tell you a time that it happens.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Sun 24 Feb 2013, 7:43 pm

Garcia hit his neck and he became a fish out of water. Doesn't stop people calling him chinny does it?

Point is Azania, he's been put down by Limmond, Gomez, Prescott, Garcia and some french guy whose name I always forget. 2 of the aforementioned knocked him out.

He's been labelled chinny for a very good reason.

If Price is "going knowhere" then I hate to think where you think Khan's career has been/is going after losing 3 fights and 2 of which his senses were removed from himself.

Heavyweight boxing needs some kind of injection, and a big superfight between 2 guys from the same country with a genuine hatred for each other fits the bill for me. It's not exactly Ali vs Foreman by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a darn sight better than watching a KBro smack some overmatched pudding of a plodder around the ring infront of 60,000 fans who barely make any noise.

Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 7:49 pm

Price has been put down numerous times as an amateur including once by Fury. He is chinny. I am not arguing that Khan is some latter Hagler. Far from it. Khan is chinny. Accept the fact that Price is chinny and stop making silly excuses for him. We had a great domestic dust up with Haye and Chisora. The Price/Fury circus was all about Fury. Without Fury Price would not be talked about so much. Fact that the hype was derailed by a fat 41 year old says it all really.

Fury is ahead of him and rightly so. I want to see good fights that back up the hype. Price wont deliver it. Too chinny for a heavyweight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Sun 24 Feb 2013, 7:55 pm

We had a great domestic dust up with Haye and Chisora. The Price/Fury circus was all about Fury.

Hardly call it great, unless you mean the fight which was actually pretty good.

Difference is that Price vs Fury later this year or next year is probably going to be a bigger affair. Both draw attention in boxing circles, Chisora is now viewed as nothing more than a gatekeeper. Like it or not Price can still come back and will in my eyes do just that.

I can make do with Fury being "ahead" of Price at this point in their careers, I'll just bide my time until they finally meet and Price then puts on a boxing masterclass. May even have to arrange some sort of wager on that one Azania, via Paypal etc.

Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 8:24 pm

Well Price may get his arris handed to him before he thinks of meeting Fury. The target on his chin has just got bigger.

I hope he does come back. I like seeing him go jelly legged again.

All you Price fan bots need to take a back seat for a while. The hype train has come off the rails. Your boy got exposed for the chinless bully that I said he was.

Fury is the best of the Brits. FACT!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Sun 24 Feb 2013, 8:47 pm

azania wrote:Well Price may get his arris handed to him before he thinks of meeting Fury. The target on his chin has just got bigger.

All you Price fan bots need to take a back seat for a while. The hype train has come off the rails. Your boy got exposed for the chinless bully that I said he was.

Haye?

Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 8:50 pm

You've got to hand it to the big man..He always finds a way to come back..

He might be garbage but he's a survivor...I'll say that for him.

As for Rogan.......Couldn't believe that non-effort.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 8:58 pm

Gee wrote:
azania wrote:Well Price may get his arris handed to him before he thinks of meeting Fury. The target on his chin has just got bigger.

Haye?

If he steps in the ring he will be No1. Until then, Fury is the best.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick James Sun 24 Feb 2013, 8:59 pm

Cast a Shadow wrote:Audley's had more false dawns than anyone, but (can't believe I'm saying this) I think we stumbled across a massive part of the answer last night.

Speed, reflexes and flexibility are a massive part of the 'aggressive counter-puncher' game that Audley has been trying to play since he turned pro.

For whatever reason, perhaps to buy some security as his punch resistance will never be all that, he went down the 18 stone bodybuilder route. At the start of his pro career, he was flabby and out of shape.

Then he became musclebound and chronically slowed himself down, which caused its own problems in terms of stamina.

He was never fast or flexible enough to be the fighter he wanted to be. I think re-establishing his friendship with David Haye has clearly helped, and maybe getting his weight right down was partly Haye's idea?

Was I alone in noticing a massive difference in the leaner, more athletic Audley? It's all probably a bit too late, but to put it politely, he's hardly been in many wars so maybe he has more in the tank than most at 41.

I agree Cast, Audley looked like a different fighter last night. I don't buy into that 'he's a 3 round fighter' mumbo jumbo some others have been quoting though. That is just trivialising his demons which seem to be far more complex. They seem to be physical, as Cast alludes to, but also mental.

Audley's demeanour in the ring last night was so relaxed. Usually his anxiety is clearly evident and he looks like he is scared of taking a punch. To the contrary last night, he kept his hands low inviting a lead so that he could counter, and boy did he counter.

I do however get the impression that it is this very counter attacking game plan that may get him into trouble when/if he steps up a level. Audley has the strength and reflexes to really hurt opponents with his counter punching, but unfortunately from the evidence last night, the countering punching was limited to a very strict definition. Audley would specifically invite the jab lead, and then either take a half step or lean back and counter with his straight left from his southpaw stance. He repeated this so many times that, that it almost became telegraphed. Whilst the opponent was at a distance and not throwing, Audley would paw out his jab as a range finder, with the occasional stiff one to keep them at bay.

A fighter with good upper body/head movement with a decent inside game, would give last nights Audley nightmares. Rogan tried to get his upper body movement going, but failed as he was doing it all at range, rather than fully committing and moving inside in the process. Probably with good reason, as he felt Audley's power and realised he didn't have enough tools of his own to pull it off.

In summary I think Audley had great tactics for the level of last nights opposition, but he will need a world class tactician in his corner to develop game plans if he wants to move up levels. The late, great Manny Steward could have worked wonders with the Audley of last night, that was in the right mental zone. The only trainer around that comes to mind who is a realistic matchup for Audley is the Dark Lord himself, Adam Booth. Adding someone like Booth would be another step in solving the enigma that is Audley Harrison. Whereas he promoted, managed, trained and pretty much coached himself, he would be freeing himself of another facet. With Hearn taking care of the business side, Booth of training and tactics, Audley would just have to concentrate on the very thing he in the fight game for, Boxing.

Rick James

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:23 pm

azania wrote:
Gee wrote:

Haye?

If he steps in the ring he will be No1. Until then, Fury is the best.

He's still active..... #4 to #10 on Ring Rankings and that would remain correct in most other peoples eyes.

Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:30 pm

In that case Haye is No 1. Fury 2 and Price trailing behind a distant 3rd. A resurgent Audley should rematch him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:47 pm

Rick James wrote:
I agree Cast, Audley looked like a different fighter last night. I don't buy into that 'he's a 3 round fighter' mumbo jumbo some others have been quoting though. That is just trivialising his demons which seem to be far more complex. They seem to be physical, as Cast alludes to, but also mental.

Audley's demeanour in the ring last night was so relaxed. Usually his anxiety is clearly evident and he looks like he is scared of taking a punch. To the contrary last night, he kept his hands low inviting a lead so that he could counter, and boy did he counter.

I do however get the impression that it is this very counter attacking game plan that may get him into trouble when/if he steps up a level. Audley has the strength and reflexes to really hurt opponents with his counter punching, but unfortunately from the evidence last night, the countering punching was limited to a very strict definition. Audley would specifically invite the jab lead, and then either take a half step or lean back and counter with his straight left from his southpaw stance. He repeated this so many times that, that it almost became telegraphed. Whilst the opponent was at a distance and not throwing, Audley would paw out his jab as a range finder, with the occasional stiff one to keep them at bay.

A fighter with good upper body/head movement with a decent inside game, would give last nights Audley nightmares. Rogan tried to get his upper body movement going, but failed as he was doing it all at range, rather than fully committing and moving inside in the process. Probably with good reason, as he felt Audley's power and realised he didn't have enough tools of his own to pull it off.

In summary I think Audley had great tactics for the level of last nights opposition, but he will need a world class tactician in his corner to develop game plans if he wants to move up levels. The late, great Manny Steward could have worked wonders with the Audley of last night, that was in the right mental zone. The only trainer around that comes to mind who is a realistic matchup for Audley is the Dark Lord himself, Adam Booth. Adding someone like Booth would be another step in solving the enigma that is Audley Harrison. Whereas he promoted, managed, trained and pretty much coached himself, he would be freeing himself of another facet. With Hearn taking care of the business side, Booth of training and tactics, Audley would just have to concentrate on the very thing he in the fight game for, Boxing.

Some good points - wouldn't mind knowing if Haye has been working with him at all, or at least offering advice.

Last night he looked like a hybrid of all the good things he used to do, with a bit of the Haye style thrown in - much looser, with really good accuracy. It was not just that his power did not diminish, Audley's punching was clean and hitting the target with real frequency.

That he won in much better style than 2009 against a superior field suggests he can probably go as far as Euro/fringe world level again, although talk of winning a world strap is misguided/deluded, and the punch resistance issue will always be there.

The frustration that comes out of all this is - why did he persist with bulking up and negating his speed/reflexes for 10 years or so? Having never seen him anywhere near as fast and slick as a pro, I think many of us forgot that this speed was a massive part of his skillset as an amateur.

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:49 pm

azania wrote:In that case Haye is No 1. Fury 2 and Price trailing behind a distant 3rd. A resurgent Audley should rematch him.

Wum train has left town and Azania is at the wheel folks.

The words "resurgent" and "Audley" have no place in society.

Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:54 pm

What's wrong in fighting Audley again. Price wants to rematch the guy who spanked him, so why not offer him redemption against Audley?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:58 pm

azania wrote:What's wrong in fighting Audley again. Price wants to rematch the guy who spanked him, so why not offer him redemption against Audley?

picard

Never said it was wrong for Audley to fight again. Just not sure winning a couple of 3 rounders against the most abysmally poor opposition qualifies him for redemption, at least not just yet.

Might as well inherit gatekeeper status for his next fight and go up against someone like Wilder.

Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 10:01 pm

Price against Wilder? Not a chance. We cant have him 2-0 in his last 2 fights. I reckon some no made powder puff puncher no taller than 6ft will be an ideal opponent to get back on track.

Teach the dude how to use his jab also. I have never seen a supposed hyped fighter with such a poor jad in all of boxing. Simply appalling jab. He needs to learn how to use his feet and how to move his head. His chin was up there like a weather vane waiting for a gust to blow it over which is what happened. Lets face it, it wasn't much of a punch that ended it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick James Sun 24 Feb 2013, 10:05 pm

Cast a Shadow wrote:
The frustration that comes out of all this is - why did he persist with bulking up and negating his speed/reflexes for 10 years or so? Having never seen him anywhere near as fast and slick as a pro, I think many of us forgot that this speed was a massive part of his skillset as an amateur.

Think it generally comes back to the 'solving the enigma' question.

Specifically on Audley's incorrect physique for the majority of his pro career, I believe it can be broken down to the following major areas:
- Confused mindset / Lack of focus (mind not completely focused on fighting)
- Lack of world class coach/trainer guidance (trying to manage all aspects of his career)
- Laziness (as Haye alluded to last night in over eating)

Rick James

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 10:08 pm

He has had excellent coaches. Torrence is a brilliant coach.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick James Sun 24 Feb 2013, 10:19 pm

azania wrote:He has had excellent coaches. Torrence is a brilliant coach.

As you know, his relationships have been on/off, and it's obviously a combination of factors, I summarised three.

Not that you were trying to trivialise a thread with one liners.

Rick James

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 10:24 pm

Audley's problem was trying to do everything and not enough time spent working on the mental side of things and training. Apparently he was heavily involved in A Force Promotions as oposed to employing someone to look after it and him focussing on his boxing only. His fault.

He always had the talent but not the application and most importantly mind set needed. If he is over all that now, I fear he has left it too late given his age.

I wish him well and hope he does fulfil his dream just to show that with perseverance comes success. Good luck to him. He certainly is a tryer.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next