The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done England

+11
100%beefy
Breadvan
fa0019
bedfordwelsh
offload
lostinwales
thebluesmancometh
wales606
pbuk0
sickofwendy
t1000advancedprototype
15 posters

Go down

England for championship?

Well done England Vote_lcap89%Well done England Vote_rcap 89% 
[ 32 ]
Well done England Vote_lcap11%Well done England Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 36

Well done England Empty Well done England

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:44 pm

You have been a joy to watch. I love watching Farrell and Tuilagi.

I do believe Wales may beat England but regardless of that result I think England have the championship.

Robshaw for Lions 7.

Very unsporting from the French at the end. They have been clueless. They are terrible. Will be a few years yet before France can catch up with English / Welsh dominance.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Well done England Empty Re: Well done England

Post by sickofwendy Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:50 pm

It's quite possible Wales could spoil the party furious but a good win against Italy will ensure the title on points difference.

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by pbuk0 Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:58 pm

50/50.. Game against Wales is too close to call..

pbuk0

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:01 pm

They have to get the championship now surely?

Even if Wales win in the MS, England should have the PDs since they have Italy and Scotland at home.

Wales picked up a fair few points today, they will need to demolish Scotland and for Italy to make England work for it next week. Then they might have a chance.

Pity France couldn't get a try at the death, that would have helped the PD
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:02 pm

*equally, Ireland will need big wins away in Murrayfield and at home to France and Italy.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by pbuk0 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:05 pm

pbuk0 wrote:50/50.. Game against Wales is too close to call..

England will win the Championship but 50/50 for Grand slam as Game against Wales is too close to call..

pbuk0

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:08 pm

t100

Now this is where I question your authenticity, Farell nails his goals and is a solid defender but he created very little, and rarely does. As far as FH's go he's one of the most boring (if not one of the most effective)

And of the centres to wow over Tuilagi is certainly not one, just rewatch what Fofana can do OK

Also It was Ashton who kicked off by throwing the ball at the end, because he was tackled and pushed into touch (which he didn't have to run 30 yards sideways smiling)

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:12 pm

Tuilagi was breaking the french line at will - that was a lot to do with the non tackling of Basteraud but he looked really good. Fofana's try was indeed class but he is a different kind of player. He didnt get a chance to do much else though

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:22 pm

Tuilagi definately bested Bast, who was quiet going forward.

I was really let down by Bast, he bullied, harassed and was a constant nuisance against Wales and did very little today.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:26 pm

I just watched a very good English performance, where they responded well to being outplayed in the first half, made good decisions, got a bit of luck and showed good depth with an effective bench. Well done.

I also just watched a French side that was going really well commit suicide. Unbelievable poor decisions and I'm at a loss to understand the substitutions.
Great match for a neutral.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Despite it hutin Wink I voted yes for the championship but hope we stop them getting the Slam.

I think England will run up a hat full of points against Italy in 2 weeks so even when (if Smile ) we beat them at the MS they will win the championship on points.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Wales still have to beat us in the next round which i think will be very difficult. They need to up their game still.

England won't lose to Italy at home and without Parisse they look rudderless. Castrogiovanni looked all at sea with the captains armband.

If Wales want to stop England winning the GS they will need to find a way to stop Tuilagi. He was very impressive today vs. basteraud.... Showed him who was the top dog out on the pitch today that's for sure. basteraud was very good vs. Wales on the other hand.

And the strange thing is, they hardly used him at all in the first half... Time and time again they used barritt and tuilagi was left to clear up his rucks. Waste of his talents.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:58 pm

fa,

I said earlier in week when people were building up the Tuilagi v Basteraud clash that he (Basteraud) was very poor against us and he done nothing different today.

That said I am a Tuilagi fan and you are right we will have to stop him, wouldl ove it if Lydiate was fit by then but can't see its worth risking him anyway.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Agree fa. If the Scots beat Ireland tomorrow and look impressive doing it, It'll be a helluva game v Wales.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Scotland are due some luck vs Wales - but they will have to earn it. Tomorrow is going to be very interesting

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Why play lydiate over jones?

I don't understand why you don't just find a place for that guy with at backrow or lock. He's just a born leader... Warburton has never looked comfortable with it.

If you want to bring in lydiate then I think the only option would be to drop faletau... But he's been quite good IMO throughout your dry patch.

It's the same with England and robshaw.... Better 7s out there sure... But no better backrow player in his squad.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:15 pm

fa,

Lydiate for me is just a machine and it proved in the AIs how much we actually missed him he is the type of player (Hill mould) that just gets on with his job and that then allows the others to concentrate on theirs.

Jones for the past season and a bit has been in great form and shape but before that he lost the captaincy and his performances were very poor, he was only getting picked becuase he was skipper at the time.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:26 pm

The wise thing to do would be bring Lydiate back against Scotland with Ryan on the bench...I sympathise with Ryan - he looked very peeved about being taken off today - but because he is a utility forward he will always be more valuable on the bench...and Lydiate fit is a tackling machine. We need as strong a pak as we can against Eng that means Sam Lydiate and TF in the back row with AWJ and Evans at lock; Ryan Tipuric and Coombs off the bench gives huge impact.

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:51 pm

Scots could put a bundle on Wales, Wales beat England and Scotland take the championship

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:06 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Scots could put a bundle on Wales, Wales beat England and Scotland take the championship

I look forward to it

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:07 pm

England do look like the best side in the 6N this year and should win the championship

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:17 pm

TJ wrote:England do look like the best side in the 6N this year and should win the championship

I think they will win the champonship on points difference, not sure (thinking with heart) if they will win the Slam and reckon they will tonk Italy.

Which all means IF we Scotland we would not only have to beat England but beat them by a big score to win on points difference and can't see that happening.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Germany Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:51 pm

England mustn't take Italy for granted. One match at a time for the squad. They should win and then the championship is almost sure on points.

Scotland - Wales is too close to call. Scotland beat Ireland who beat Wales.

If England slip up, Scotland might then need to beat France by 20 points or so in Paris to take the title.

Edit for people who don't get sarcasm: Yahoo laughing Laugh

Last edited by Alex_Germany on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:52 pm

Alex_Germany wrote:England mustn't take Italy for granted. One match at a time for the squad. They should win and then the championship is almost sure on points.

Scotland - Wales is too close to call. Scotland beat Ireland who beat Wales.

If England slip up, Scotland might then need to beat France by 20 points or so in Paris to take the title.

How is the weather in cloud cuckoo land?

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Germany Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:19 pm

100%beefy wrote:

How is the weather in cloud cuckoo land?

This is not the forum for discussing energy policy in Germany. censored laughing

See edit above.

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:11 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Scots could put a bundle on Wales, Wales beat England and Scotland take the championship

Haha don't be ridiculous. Such a situation could never occur...... Whistle

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:56 pm

Its an exciting last couple of games Wales are more than capable of beating Scotland and England heavily, Scotland are more than capable of beating Wales heavily and beating France could happen just how much I don't know, England could batter Italy if the right England team turn up and also batter Wales which means grandslam. Can't wait for the on coming games excited ain't the right word

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:58 pm

t1000advancedprototype wrote:

Haha don't be ridiculous. Such a situation could never occur...... Whistle

Fooking pig, just crashed into my bedroom window

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down