The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Buys

+2
AberdeenSteve
hockeyking0011
6 posters

Go down

Summer Buys Empty Summer Buys

Post by hockeyking0011 Sun May 01, 2011 7:24 am

Now I know a lot of people are making out like we need to completely overhaul the team in the summer, but I wholeheartedly disagree. I honestly believe we only need to buy TWO players in the summer.

My ideal picks for the players to buy would be:

Neuer- Showed the other night how much of a bang good keeper he is, plus is still young (for a keeper)

Sneijder- Would provide exactly what we need in midfield, and has already expressed a desire to come to United.

Other than that I feel we already have good enough players all across the park. Defence is solid, no matter what way you look at it;with young players already making spots relatively sure. Strikers are world class, Rooney and Chicho have truly formed an understanding, with many other squad players either on loan or restricted to the bench. Midfield, with the addition of Sneijder I feel would be a lot more balanced, but also have that creative spark.

Neuer

Rafael/Fabio Smalling (Rio if hes still fit) Vidic Evra

Nani Carrick/Ando/Fletch Sneijder Park/Valencia etc

Rooney Hernandez

Now that is just a team off the top of my head with many other players to consider and come into the team.

hockeyking0011

Back to top Go down

Summer Buys Empty Re: Summer Buys

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 3:00 am

As well as players coming in you have to consider those going out

We all know Nev has gone, I don't think Scholes will sign a new deal, Wes Brown looks to be on his way out

There were even reports (i know don't believe everything you read) that Berba is stalling over a new contract and Spurs are sniffing about and Nani is wanted by Inter and Madrid

If I were in charge, or if this was Football Manager I'd see just how much Inter wanted Nani and test their resolve for an exchange with Sneijder coming to OT, the money then could be used to bring in a winger, I think 15 million would be enough to attract Ashley Young and I think him on the left and Valencia on the right would bring a nice balance to the side (also should get quite a few assists between them). I know its only a rumour but as yet Berbs does only have the 12 months left to run and I don't think we'll risk losing him on a free. So I'd give him the ultimatum sign a new deal or you're out leaving us time to look for another striker (maybe check the Benzema situation out at Madrid), unless we are going to use Welbeck, Macheda and Diouf when they return from loan which along with Owen, Rooney and Chico would be 6 strikers. The only problem there is we're hoping these kids hit the ground running.

The biggest problem for me is keeper. After the Schalke game the other night Neuer would be a perfect fit, but it seems that he wants a move to Munich and we could waste time chasing him and put other potential targets off. De Gea looks decent and will be one of the best keepers in the world, his age bothers me though, can you really be the United #1 at 20? Reina is a decent shout but there is no way Liverpool will sell. Bit of a tricky one

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon May 02, 2011 3:07 am

Gazzy, great post mate. I see you are a dab hand at the old Football Manager thumbsup

The Neuer situation could have opened up again. The chairman at both Schalke and Munich have been having a little war of words and I think this has put the move on hold. He is a phenomenal talent and I think Fergie should be doing everything he can to get his hands on him.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon May 02, 2011 3:42 am

I don't think United need major work on their squad a goalkeeper like Lloris, Neuer or DeGea would be a great signing for them. A creative midfielder like Sneijder and maybe another forward because Berba can be hit and miss and you need 4 forwards. Giuseppe Rossi or Llorente would be excellent for Man Utd would prefer to see them go for the 2nd he offers them something different from Rooney, Chico and Berba with his aerial ability.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Jack Tue May 03, 2011 2:52 am

I think we need a creative midfielder and a left winger and possibly a centre forward.

Creative midfielder would be Sneijder and the left winger would be Young.

Perfect Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Wed May 04, 2011 10:15 am

Neuer would be a great signing to replace VDS. After his performance the other night against the mighty red's he's already shown he is one of the best in the world, if not THE best.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Thu May 05, 2011 9:56 pm

I think that we will need to be a bit more active than just a couple of signings. My actions would be:

Replace VDS. Few good young keepers as already mention, Buffon might be tempted away from Juve or maybe another big money experienced keeper. Either way, a position we all know needs addressing.

Defence okay but would like maybe another young defender to come in and get learning. Vidic and Evra are obviously awesome but Ferdinand is getting to that injury prone stage of his career. Da Silva's are doing a great job at right back, O'Shea is a perfect utility and Smalling's made a great start. Jury's still out on Evans for me so a teenage prospect would be a good buy - am thinking like we did with Pique where he can step in for the occasional injury and get some Carling Cup experience.

Midfield is a small problem area. Giggs/Scholes need replacing regardless of whether they stay next season. Schneider would be a great signing for us but I'm still not a fan of Carrick and think that we could sell him for good money and bring in a solid holding midfielder. Carrick on his day is a really great player but when he has a bad day it is usually at the cost of a mistake that leads to a goal. Nani/Valncia/Park/Fletcher are really great players and Anderson/Gibson have the potential to make use of an opportunity as they are still so young. With Rooney playing a proper number 10 role now we have great options in the middle but a proper holding midfielder would be really useful to add another dimension.

Strikers - Rooney drops deep and Hernandez certainly looks the real deal. Owen my as well go as he's injury prone and doesn't even look great when he plays. Loan players are all a lottery as they have potential but no guaranteed success there. Berbatov is the big question. They way that Hernandez and Rooney link up has left him out in the cold and although this season has been his best he is at an age where we would be better selling him. He's more hard working now but our success this season has been more about hard work than anything else and Berba just doesn't fit. He has done okay overall for us but right now we could ship him out for £20m and get a good younger replacement for £30m or keep him for another couple of seasons by which time he is worth very little and we have to spend bigger. Another out and out striker would be my choice as our wingers give great service and if Rooney's discipline keeps getting better then he could even replace Scholes, meaning 2 strikers and Rooney in attack. Frightening...

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Sun May 08, 2011 9:49 am

I seriously believe this summer Fergie will spend!
It's a must, yes were in the Chamion's League Final and yes Were top of the league. We've been nowhere near good this year, we've just somehow managed to scrape out result's.
We are in need of atleast 2 player's IMO. 1 of them a Keeper. Neuer will be ideal.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down