The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farrell OUT

+6
robbo277
dragonbreath
Geordie
Chjw131
lostinwales
RubyGuby
10 posters

Go down

Farrell OUT Empty Farrell OUT

Post by RubyGuby Tue 12 Mar 2013, 2:40 pm

Owen Farrell was last night seen out shopping with his father in High Street, Kensington - I believe his dad bought him a hat and scarf as it's going to be very cold this weekend. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Farrell OUT Empty Re: Farrell OUT

Post by lostinwales Tue 12 Mar 2013, 2:42 pm

It was funny seeing him in the stands on Saturday - looking like the schoolboy in his first suit

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 2:42 pm

Well done Ruby. Actually some of us wouldn't mind seeing Flood and Farrell out so we can get to see Burns in action against you chaps!

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 12 Mar 2013, 2:44 pm

People tell me Burns is on fire at the moment is that correct thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 2:45 pm

I hope not otherwise we'd be down to picking George Ford who's not ready just yet but cooking nicely.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 12 Mar 2013, 2:49 pm

Ruby...dont do that...i had visions of Flood endlessly hoofing the ball to Cuthbert, North and Halfpenny to run back at will.... Sad

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Tue 12 Mar 2013, 3:03 pm

RubyGuby wrote:

Owen Farrell was last night seen out shopping with his father in High Street, Kensington - I believe his dad bought him a hat and scarf as it's going to be very cold this weekend. thumbsup

I still find it strange that the English coaching staff and the majority of supporters believe Farrell is a better player than Flood. Not that I am complaining long may it continue. I am honestly struggling to remember when last such an ordinary player recieved such plaudits.

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 12 Mar 2013, 3:06 pm

Geordie - I did the same for the Irish boys in our RWC 1/4 final, both BOD and POC were carrying slight knocks and I put up BOD and POC OUT - eating burgers at McDonalds - 3 of them had Coronarys and the another 2 have only just come round to talking to me. thumbsup Its warming up nicely with both sets of fans looking forward to it. I've wanted this for so long. Growing up beating England (with respect) meant very little; then we had 15 barren years and couldn't compete with England. For the past few years we are evenly matched which makes for much better viewing - Let's bring it on boys thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 12 Mar 2013, 3:08 pm

Farrell is a key link in an efficient chain, without him the chain is loose and less effective - don't underestimate his contribution Dragon thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 5:44 pm

dragonbreath wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:

I still find it strange that the English coaching staff and the majority of supporters believe Farrell is a better player than Flood. Not that I am complaining long may it continue. I am honestly struggling to remember when last such an ordinary player recieved such plaudits.

Flood between 2009 and 2011 was the man for England, and I still can't believe we went back to Wilkinson for the World Cup. However, Flood isn't anywhere near that form at the moment, and Farrell has played very well for England and slotted perfectly into the game plan.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Tue 12 Mar 2013, 5:53 pm

In fairness robbo277, Youngs and Flood had finished the 2010-11 season badly out of form and Flood had not shown much in the world cup warm ups. That away game in Wales with him at 10 when we had 70% possession and territory but didn't score a try was particularly depressing.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:37 am

DragonBreath,

When Farrell came in to the squad, (we mustnt forget he was only 19 i believe) he looked like he was a fish out of water. He had no skills that were obvious...except for his (still but decreasing) tendancy to hoof it aimlessley away. In this regard Flood looked the better player as he does have a decent pass and ability to set the backs away.

HOWEVER, in the following year (developing both with Sarries and England) Farrells key strengths have really come to the fore...a steely coldness / calmness and an ability to control the play. He is 15st..and big tackler and actually his passing is improving.
There is a ? over his offensive ability and natural instincts for flair. He will never be a flashy, flamboyant playmaker....and this is where he will be challenged by Burns.

England fans are coming round to him though...because of this calmness he seems to put out...and his authority...bearing in mind he still only 20.

This is the opposite to Flood who many feel is very good....but that he simply caves in under a little bit of pressure...and panics.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:38 am

Ive seen this title twice and it's gotten me damn you Ruby!!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:39 am

As much as it is a bit of a wind up, it odes highlight something.

When being questioned about who I would prefer to face on saturday (Flood or Farell) I didn't know the answer, until this title got me...

I would much rather face Flood!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:40 am

You can fool me once then I'm a fool but if you fool me twice I'm a bigger fool - George W thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:50 am

I thought that quote went...

'Fool me once shame on you, no me, fool me twice shame on you, no me, well theres a whole lot of shame anyways, no watch this drive'

Laugh

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:52 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:I thought that quote went...

'Fool me once shame on you, no me, fool me twice shame on you, no me, well theres a whole lot of shame anyways, no watch this drive'

Laugh

Great stuff though and you couldn't make it up - Have you heard the news about Launchbury and Parling this morning - now it looks an even closer battle thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:57 am

RubyGuby wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:I thought that quote went...

Laugh

Great stuff though and you couldn't make it up - Have you heard the news about Launchbury and Parling this morning - now it looks an even closer battle thumbsup

Don't...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:58 am

I'm not gonna even mention Dan Cole's achilles Run Oops just did, I'm off

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:01 am

Well if anything happened to Cole I'm heading down the bookies now to put my mortgage on Wales!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:15 am

robbo277 wrote:
dragonbreath wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:

Flood between 2009 and 2011 was the man for England, and I still can't believe we went back to Wilkinson for the World Cup. However, Flood isn't anywhere near that form at the moment, and Farrell has played very well for England and slotted perfectly into the game plan.

Farrel has limitations but the whole team know them and his strengths at the moment more then make up for them, he fits perfectly with the team and looks totally on script when he plays.

Flood looks like he's in the wrong team half the time, has only two options when he gets the ball (inside hospital pass to try to kill Ashton or long kick to the back three) and just hasn't shown the sensational form of two seasons ago.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:19 am

yappysnap wrote:
robbo277 wrote:
dragonbreath wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:

Farrel has limitations but the whole team know them and his strengths at the moment more then make up for them, he fits perfectly with the team and looks totally on script when he plays.

Flood looks like he's in the wrong team half the time, has only two options when he gets the ball (inside hospital pass to try to kill Ashton or long kick to the back three) and just hasn't shown the sensational form of two seasons ago.

That could win him popularity on both sides of the Severn.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:23 am

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:24 am

nobbled wrote:
yappysnap wrote:
robbo277 wrote:
dragonbreath wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:

That could win him popularity on both sides of the Severn.

Limited popularity this side nobbled, we want him in your side. Now if Flood started popping hospital passes to Cole... Whistle

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:27 am

Who mentioned Cole and Hospital - that's a coincidence................ thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down