The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excuses if Wales win the championship?

+31
sickofwendy
beshocked
NeilyBroon
Jimpy
Poorfour
100%beefy
Breadvan
stub
Scrumpy
majesticimperialman
Biltong
R!skysports
Casartelli
Barney McGrew did it
nathan
Luckless Pedestrian
funnyExiledScot
Portnoy's Complaint
mikey_philVIII
Heaf
George Carlin
maestegmafia
Geordie
yappysnap
gregortree
thebluesmancometh
ScarletSpiderman
Cyril
RubyGuby
Ozzy3213
t1000advancedprototype
35 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Excuses for a Welsh tournament win?

Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Vote_lcap27%Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 12 ]
Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Vote_lcap13%Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]
Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Vote_lcap22%Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 10 ]
Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Vote_lcap7%Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Vote_lcap2%Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Vote_lcap11%Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Vote_lcap18%Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 45

Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Empty Excuses if Wales win the championship?

Post by t1000advancedprototype Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:11 am

43 minutes into round one, the championship was something of an unimaginable dream. The odds were probably 250 billion-1 for Wales to even make a top half finish. It went from France / England being tournament favourites to a certain Irish grand slam.

Looking back I think the ineptitude Wales showed for 43 mins was a blessing in disguise. A kick up the backside, a motivator.

3 and a half matches later we find that Wales are just a gnats pube away from back to back championships. England are unbeaten, but that is less of a surprise. If England win it will be deserved. If Wales win it will be the comeback of all comebacks.

Both teams can do this. My question is, what will the excuses be if Wales do win?

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Empty Re: Excuses if Wales win the championship?

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:13 am

Wow. Would you like some fish to go with that massive chip on your shoulder?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Excuses if Wales win the championship?  Empty Re: Excuses if Wales win the championship?

Post by t1000advancedprototype Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:15 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:Wow. Would you like some fish to go with that massive chip on your shoulder?

I'm just going by past experience. You watch the plethora of bad excuses that come out.

If England win I've already stated that it's deserved.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:29 am

Ozzy - I see where you are coming from but I can assure you that when Wales win a GS there are many anglos that just troll out how much of a devalued tournament it was and others were rebuiilding and of course its not the RWC so we're not that interested - These are facts so allow the poster his opportunity. It doesn't reflect all anglo fans of course but go back and look at some of the disparaging threads and he has a point, even if it is addressed to the anglo wummers - thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:39 am

RubyGuby wrote:Ozzy - I see where you are coming from but I can assure you that when Wales win a GS there are many anglos that just troll out how much of a devalued tournament it was and others were rebuiilding and of course its not the RWC so we're not that interested - These are facts so allow the poster his opportunity. It doesn't reflect all anglo fans of course but go back and look at some of the disparaging threads and he has a point, even if it is addressed to the anglo wummers - thumbsup

Ruby, you truly are the Kofi Annan of the rugby forum world.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:39 am

RG

I'd be more inclined to be sympthetic to the points that you make were it not for the fact that almost every one of t1000's threads are along the same lines. It is very tedious and does nothing to assist with promoting decent debate on these boards.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:39 am

Ruby, Is there any reason why you keep referring to 'Anglos' rather than 'English'?

The term 'Anglo' has quite a complex history and can refer to many peoples.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:39 am

RubyGuby wrote:Ozzy - I see where you are coming from but I can assure you that when Wales win a GS there are many anglos that just troll out how much of a devalued tournament it was and others were rebuiilding and of course its not the RWC so we're not that interested - These are facts so allow the poster his opportunity. It doesn't reflect all anglo fans of course but go back and look at some of the disparaging threads and he has a point, even if it is addressed to the anglo wummers - thumbsup

Sadly, and I mean no disrespect if England do win on Saturday, but this has to be one of the most devalued 6 Nations. The fact that a toothless Wales are in with a realisitc shout of winning the tournament (and are top try scorers) goes to show how abismal this whole championship has been. As opposed to being a 6 Nations, it has really only been a 5 Nataions, as France are yet to turn up. The Irish have been dire for all bar the first 43 mins of the first game. People are heaping praise on the Italians for improving, but they have beaten the probably the worst French side I have even seen, and then lost to Scotland, Wales and England (yes they came back but they lost still).

If the matches go the way I think they will this weekend (Scotland win, Italy win, Wales win) then IMO it will prove that this has been a god awful championship.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:42 am

The term 'Anglo' has quite a complex history and can refer to many peoples

That's why I use it Cyril - it better reflects your rugby team thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:49 am

It probably better describes your side Ruby. Half of them are English. thumbsup

It'll be interesting to see who has the most English on the pitch at the weekend.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:50 am

That would be Wenglish Cyril thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:51 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:RG

I'd be more inclined to be sympthetic to the points that you make were it not for the fact that almost every one of t1000's threads are along the same lines. It is very tedious and does nothing to assist with promoting decent debate on these boards.

Every thread we get the drift 'England sucks' now please try something with some substance t1000!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:52 am

RubyGuby wrote:The term 'Anglo' has quite a complex history and can refer to many peoples

Ouch Cyzil got burrrrrrned Excuses if Wales win the championship?  4278589029

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:11 am

I think the ozone layer will be crucial, but the roof could offset some of the effects. The earths atmosphere will measurably warm when all that hywyl escapes as the roof is opened.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:15 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:The term 'Anglo' has quite a complex history and can refer to many peoples

Wow, I didn't realise you could win the Internet.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:18 am

Angles came from Jutland. We Anglisch celebrate our muticultural heritage.
Mongrels are constitutionally the toughest young dogs.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:19 am

I really don't understand this school playground mentality of "they wum so i've got to wum them back to show i'm better".

Trust me none of you trying this are impressing anyone except Viewtothegym.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:29 am

If Wales are the better team i wont have any excuses...but hey nice WUM.. thumbsup

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:09 pm

If either team win it is massively deserved. England in the best form of the last ten years by a country mile. Wales have been fantastic turning round their worst form in a long while as well.

Credit to both camps on whoever takes this game and this championship.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:15 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:

The correct term Ruby is Anglopolynesian.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:19 pm

You mean AngloBothapolynewzealanesian thumbsup

Last edited by RubyGuby on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Maes,
Well said mate, nice to get a straight poster contributing on here thumbsup
[I know I post some BS at times on some of these threads, sorry]

The best 2 meet up in effectively what is The Final. Although oddly both teams could win 'something' at the same match, scores allowing.
Hope if someone loses they can be magnanimous & gracious in defeat.
And I hope no gloating by the winners.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:23 pm

Cannot wait for the T1001 prototype to replace the current model.

Presumably the Poor Us Bugs will be removed and the WUM Removal software will be significantly upgraded?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:36 pm

gregortree wrote:Maes,
Well said mate, nice to get a straight poster contributing on here thumbsup
[I know I post some BS at times on some of these threads, sorry]

The best 2 meet up in effectively what is The Final. Although oddly both teams could win 'something' at the same match, scores allowing.
Hope if someone loses they can be magnanimous & gracious in defeat.
And I hope no gloating by the winners.

Homophobe!

To be fair these are the best two sides in the championship, but it has to be said that the over all standard has been dire. I have just looked at the table, Italy have a reasonable chance of finishing 3rd, and France or Ireland are likely to finish at the bottom of the heap. Madness.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:38 pm

I've got another one for you t ...

The banning of Parisse for the Wales match followed by his reinstatement just in time for the England match?

Smile

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Everyone else was poor has been going around already and the championship hasn't even finished yet. God help Wales when we spoil England's party this saturday Wink.

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:57 pm

All GSs are innately devalued whist they are not played on a home and away basis.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:58 pm

Unless of course you win the GS by playing 3 away games thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:00 pm

Which Wales have done.

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Hey Mods any chance you can give a warning to some of the persistent trolls who are constantly attempting to derail any thing on Welsh rugby.

Their manner is pathetic and its just blwdi annoying.

most of them have been banned multiple times, used different IDs and still keep coming back...

PLEASE DO SOMETHING

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:12 pm

maes, leave Cyril out of this Whistle.

Very Happy

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:13 pm

mikey_philVIII wrote:maes, leave Cyril out of this Whistle.

Very Happy
Shut it you Laugh

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:15 pm

maesteg

Give it a rest will you. From what I've seen this week the Welsh and English idiots have been as bad as each other. Myself and the other mods are watching, and if they carry on, then some from both sides won't see the end of the week on here.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:17 pm

Ozzy
Maes is ok, I think he may be referring to well known multi id wummer Phil No 8.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:20 pm

To be honest if England lose, I've seen nothing to suggest that Lancaster isn't the sort of coach to just hold up his hands and say "we weren't good enough".

It's one of the strengths of this England set-up: honesty. In times gone by England would be poor and Borthwick et al would come out in the media talking about "positives".

I suggest that Howley is the more likely of the two to dress up defeat as some sort of victory.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:maesteg

Give it a rest will you. From what I've seen this week the Welsh and English idiots have been as bad as each other. Myself and the other mods are watching, and if they carry on, then some from both sides won't see the end of the week on here.

gregortree wrote:Ozzy
Maes is ok, I think he may be referring to well known multi id wummer Phil No 8.

Guys I am referring to all of them...

Great work, you'll make this a much better place with out them.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Howley has difficulty dressing himself so whatever the outcome he will come our with babble babble babble - Lancaster on the other hand is a class act with great maturity and he sets an example for other coaches IMO thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:25 pm

What I've found mildly disconcerting this week is that I've actually missed Warren Gatland's "mind games" in the media!

You can usually bank on some outrageous comments from Gats in the week before a big game, and so far this week there's been a void.

Very disappointing!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:25 pm

https://www.606v2.com/t39920-6ns-championships-slams-wooden-spoons-whitewashes-and-some-musings

Posted before the current 6Ns. An observation about how many home games are played played is misleading.

It concluded
For me, I think that there is (just) enough to support some of my pet views:
1. Grand Slams come around too frequently and therefore become a little too undervalued.
2. For the sake of European rugby, a multi-divisional 4Ns competition (with a ko playoff at the end of each season at the ground of the top side of the lower league) for promotion/non-relegation. Div 1 initially to consist Top 4 from current 6Ns, Div 2 from bottom 2 of 6Ns plus two next ranked European sides. All 4Ns matches to be played home and away (that'll make GSs really tough).

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:29 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:What I've found mildly disconcerting this week is that I've actually missed Warren Gatland's "mind games" in the media!

You can usually bank on some outrageous comments from Gats in the week before a big game, and so far this week there's been a void.

Very disappointing!

there has been the odd thing mentioned by Gatland, re-read his article on the Lions selection and you will see plenty of jibes missed by the mouth breathers that contribute to what is currently considered rugby journalism.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:31 pm

It's 5th v 4th in the World Rankings on Sat. and a real opportunity for 1 of these sides to put another marker down in their development - These games now have even greater significance given that we share the same RWC Pool in 2015 - Awesome thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:31 pm

Well I did see the comments about English players in particular being targeted over in Australia, but there was plenty made over that.

Any other pieces of "Gatland media magic" I've missed. Howley is far too plain.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:50 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Well I did see the comments about English players in particular being targeted over in Australia, but there was plenty made over that.

This is why I don't mind Gatland being honest. I'd rather that, than boring press conferences. Who wants to hear a coach or manager compliment the other side. Why not rip into each other in the media all week, then come Saturday it really will be show time boxing

Last edited by Risca Rev on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:59 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:To be honest if England lose, I've seen nothing to suggest that Lancaster isn't the sort of coach to just hold up his hands and say "we weren't good enough".

It's one of the strengths of this England set-up: honesty. In times gone by England would be poor and Borthwick et al would come out in the media talking about "positives".

I suggest that Howley is the more likely of the two to dress up defeat as some sort of victory.

+1

Lancaster is one of those blokes that you tend to listen to talk, and struggle to argue with anything he says. Where as Howley does seem to make sure that everyone can see his triangular shoulders and teflon coated underwear. IF England lose, even if they win the championship, I can see Lancaster being fair in his assesment of the game. Whereas IF Wales win, but not by enough points, I can seem Howley pinning blame on missed kicks last weekend or the slow start against Ireland.

That said whoever wins, I can see a fortnight or so of threads mocking the losers or claiming the winners are world beaters. The worst case scenario is a 6 or 7pt win for Wales, as that wil really cause the fur to fly.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Well I did see the comments about English players in particular being targeted over in Australia, but there was plenty made over that.

This is why I don't kind Gatland being honest. I'd rather that, than boring press conferences. Who wants to hear a coach or manager compliment the other side. Why not rip into each other in the media all week, then coming Saturday it really will be show time boxing

The problem with Gats is that I never really believe he is being honest, any person who can used the words honest or honesty as much as he does in press confrences (especially after loses) tends to be lying and hoping you believe them. It is a bit like a kid with chocolate all over their face saying "Honestly I did not eat anything, I swear I haven't, honestly. If you don't believe me just ask my friends"
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:04 pm

So Howley should win the post match excuses battle then.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:10 pm

gregortree wrote:So Howley should win the post match excuses battle then.

In that I'd say he's "World Class".

Run

I agree that a Wales win by 6 or less is the worst case scenario. Then we'll have countless stupid posts on here debating who is actually better. Makes me sick even thinking about it.

vomit

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Funny Scot, ha ha I won't know whether to Laugh or vomit

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:13 pm

I voted all options again.

Does that help?

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:18 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:What I've found mildly disconcerting this week is that I've actually missed Warren Gatland's "mind games" in the media!

Very disappointing!

H's saving all that for the Lions tour. The week before the first Test, he's going to call Julia Gillard a plank and push her off a ladder.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next