The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 - Results

+2
Marky
The_Enigma
6 posters

Go down

Week 4 - Results Empty Week 4 - Results

Post by The_Enigma Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:41 am

Aston Villa 3-3 QPR
Votes: 3-3-3
Scorers: Aston Vila - Benteke, Agbonlahor (2) QPR - Remy (2), Michu

"Attacking game between both sides who had many chances."
"Two teams that are great going forward but woeful at the back - a ding-dong battle but ultimately QPR's work ethic gave them a surprise victory against the title favourites.
"Both attack minded sides leading to a goal fest their respective front 5's dominate the others back 4"
"QPR in attack are the best in the league and caused real problems, especially out wide as the Villa full backs aren't good enough. However QPR defensively look awful and with Villa effectively playing four strikers also scored goals."
"Good game this, lots of attacking talent on show, and I don't think there is much to choose between the two attacking units. Aston Villa just have a little bit more steel in there midfield and defence, so I reckon they can nick it."

Fulham 1-0 Norwich
Votes: 5-3-1
Scores: Riise

"Fulham managed to nick a win from a corner."
"Fulham have a good team, and set up well for a Norwich team that just doesn't have the same quality. Tactically Fulham coped well with Norwich's diamond-shaped midfield, and hit the FBs for pace with Ruiz and Emanuelsson. Norwich lost the battle in the middle as well - they need a solid midfield pairing in there"
"Not much to choose between them so got for a draw"
"While Norwich have produced some good results IRL, I can’t accept that their usually decent 5 man midfield will produce “swashbuckling” football with only four of them, especially when Fulham’s midfield is stronger. Fulham take a 2-0 lead with goals from Berbatov and Adriano. The problems for Fulham occur when both sides make changes. Both teams move to a form of 4-3-3, but Norwich going gung-ho with 3 out and out strikers playing narrow with long balls forward, against Senderos and Mirin is only going one way, and Van Wolfswinkel pulls a goal back before Kamara snatches a late equaliser"

Swasnsea 0-2 Stoke
Votes 2-0-7
Scorers: Bendnter, Muntari

"Swansea are very poor in all areas, and Stoke set up well to exploit them."
"not sure why CF persists with Hernandez in CM He's a winger and Routledge is better then Moore on the wing these errors lead to an easy stoke win."
"Better system, tactics and personnel from Swansea this week, against a decent Stoke side lacking upfront (Bendtner just isn’t good enough, even for Stoke.) Swansea take the lead from a corner as Samba “Stokes” the Stoke backline, but while Gower at DM isn’t strong enough to keep a good AM out, Stoke don’t have a good AM (or an AM at all). Shea and Kightly are good outlets but they are up against decent Swansea fullbacks and Swansea hold out for the win"
"Swansea just do not look right at the moment, the likes of Maiga and Moore aren't good enough and Pablo should not be played at CM. Stoke look organized defensively and were good value for their win"
"Not gonna be a pretty one this. Swansea will not trouble the Stoke defence at all, and despite having a sturdy defence, I'd still fancy a good Stoke team to score and get the win. Moore, Maiga and Holt aren't gonna trouble defences at this level"

West Ham 1-1 Reading
Votes: 4-1-4
Scores: Carroll, Le Fondre

"tight game looked even before a late winner by Reading"
"West Ham are dangerous down the flanks, and with Carroll in the middle caused Reading plenty of problems at the back. Austin with a poacher's effort, they make a really good combo. Ian Harte was terrible exposed by Dyer's pace, and Reading generally had insufficient quality to trouble West Ham's solid shape."
"very close game with the wingers getting the best of their full backs eventually leading to goals for there forwards"
"I like Reading’s 4-4-3 formation but the ref unfortunately catches the extra player I feel Reading sorely missed Aspas and Pogrebnyak today, Le Fondre just isn’t good enough despite his January form, he’s become anonymous recently and is overshadowed by the two West Ham CB’s. Both sides have decent defences but I’m not sure Reading’s CB’s can cope with Andy Carroll, who dictates the game and a flick-on gives Charlie Austin the chance he takes to give West Ham the lead. Bringing on Jason Roberts later for Reading helped but the injuries took away the goal threat and it stayed 1-0."
"A great game today with two committed teams. I don't think either team deserves to lose, so going with a draw."
"Interesting game this, I think Reading have set up really really well, and they can stifle the West Ham midfield. On the counter I can see there wingers causing problems, and I think they nick a win here, despite Carroll causing his usual problems."

Wigan 1-1 Sunderland
Votes: 2-5-2
Scorers Wigan: Kone, Sunderland: Fletcher

Tight game felt a draw was even and the fair result.
Close game not sure i like Gregers copying the Martinez system it works for them because he uses 2 full back not wingers like Malouda who don't track back
Wigan played very well with their counter attacking setup and Sunderland continued to be very attacking, the two styles managed to cancel each other out, with Wigan catching Sunderland on the break to take the lead but Sunderland’s perseverance getting them level. A well earned draw for both sides
Wigan had the right idea with their compact formation with crosses generally the only way Sunderland could attack, however a late Fletcher goal won it
Really don't think Wigan can handle this Sunderland attack, and while they are a threat on the counter, Sunderland use the wings greatly, Malouda and McGeady can't do a good enough job keeping the wingers quiet, and Fletcher and Crouch benefit greatly from this.

West Brom 0-3 Southampton
Votes 0-0-9
Scorers - Lambert, Clyne, Shaw

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Results Empty Re: Week 4 - Results

Post by Marky Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:47 am

Didn't expect to beat QPR, my only issue is those around me who got default wins from Liam as now I expect QPR to be contenders, especially with Ramirez, Michu and Remy. Outrageous attacking threat.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 12:08 pm

im sorry but how wouldn't Holt be effective at this level?

he always scores goals for Norwich!

Jeez I hope my foreign gets accepted!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 13 Mar 2013, 12:11 pm

Luckily you've solved the Hernandez at CM issue by selling him Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 12:16 pm

Me and Gregers draw for the second time in a week Laugh

I'm really limited by my squad in what I can do tactically, I wish someone would offer me good money for Sessegnon Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 12:17 pm

well luckily M.Diarra fits the DM role so he can go there now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 13 Mar 2013, 12:24 pm

CF the feedback.tells you what to do.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 13 Mar 2013, 1:27 pm

CF wrote:im sorry but how wouldn't Holt be effective at this level?

he always scores goals for Norwich!

Jeez I hope my foreign gets accepted!

I put that feedback CF. I've seen Holt struggle in the lone striker role all season and when we played it last season. When he plays as a one up top he isnt an effective goal threat.

Especially with Moore and Maiga supporting him
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 13 Mar 2013, 3:43 pm

very happy with the win and muntari scores on debut!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 13 Mar 2013, 3:47 pm

hmmmm 3 points would of been nice, but Reading are currently top and going well under Engima. The feedback was excellent, many thanks guys OK

Congrats to all those who won, ill update the table now OK

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down