The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roger Federer - The Rap Sheet Grows

+9
socal1976
CaledonianCraig
Danny_1982
Henman Bill
Silver
The Special Juan
User 774433
CAS
HM Murdock
13 posters

Go down

Roger Federer - The Rap Sheet Grows Empty Roger Federer - The Rap Sheet Grows

Post by HM Murdock Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:19 pm

I am pained to see that yet another Federer scandal has rocked tennis to its core.

The Swiss heavy, known in some quarters as 'The Maestro', has again launched another tirade at an innocent match official who was just doing his job.

The Basel Bully, 31, is already on record as telling officials "Don't f***ing tell me the rules". Today, in a direct affront to an umpire who had ruled against him, he stated: "I don't care if it's a judgement call".

These psychological games had a devastating effect on his opponent, Stanislas Wawrinka. Unable to deal with such intimidation, his game collapsed, enabling Federer to nudge their head-to-head into his favour at 12 wins to 1.

This is just the latest controversy from the star, known in Hip Hop circles as 'TMF' (Tetchy Mutha F**ker) who seems intent on dragging down the very game that gave him his wealth and power.

In 2012 he was captured on airport security cameras flirting with women, showing them his backside and, again, refusing to accept the authority of officials:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFW4kgu-V3s

At the WTF in London, he sat in a chair designated for World Number One, Novak Djokovic. Djokovic was so traumatised by this that he immediately went 3-0 down before making a stirring recovery.

At the Australian Open he SWORE at Andy Murray. The famously clean-mouthed Murray was stunned by this moment of hostility and promptly lost the set.

The sequence of abuse is of concern to ATP Officials but sources say they may just wait until Federer retires. At 31, Federer is a shadow of his former self, with his last slam win coming 7 months many months ago and his world ranking has plummeted to #2.

Until that day comes, tennis will continue to be dragged through the gutter.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Roger Federer - The Rap Sheet Grows Empty Re: Roger Federer - The Rap Sheet Grows

Post by CAS Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:23 pm

just watched Skysports coverage, and Barry Cowan says its harsh on Federer because he wanted to challenge after 1.6 seconds, it was back at him in a flash. Especially if you think how long some players take to challenge it was actually a quick one. Of course people will say its only because he missed it, but it was shown to actually be out and if you watch it back Federer does hesitate for a split second expecting there to be a call. That being said, he played the ball and I agree he can't challenge, its just unlucky

CAS

Back to top Go down

Roger Federer - The Rap Sheet Grows Empty Re: Roger Federer - The Rap Sheet Grows

Post by User 774433 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:25 pm

Laugh
Brilliant.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:30 pm

Very good Murdoch clap It reminds me of some other articles I've read in my time!!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:32 pm

notworthy

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:48 pm

not bad - that Lindt advert is pretty mediocre though.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:48 pm

I mean if you're going to spend €100,000 or €1,000,000 to get Roger Federer to turn up for a day, why not pay another €10,000 to a good comedy writer?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:52 pm

Henman Bill wrote:I mean if you're going to spend €100,000 or €1,000,000 to get Roger Federer to turn up for a day, why not pay another €10,000 to a good comedy writer?
It's actually a pretty sleazy ad when you think about it. Imagine it was, say, Sharapova and the customs officials were male... how wrong would that be?!

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:57 pm

Laugh

The famously clean mouthed Murray... Very good.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:06 pm

Fabulous post Hm. clap laughing
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:18 pm

Great post Murdoch, particularly like the part about the famously clean mouthed murray. My mother always taught me to never trust a man in a cream colored leisure suit, especially those mongraphed with his own logo. A good bit of comic relief, however I don't think we should make light of chairgate fiasco or challengate or profanity-gate. Let me just repeat what is in everyone's minds "what about the children?". How will they cope with the trauma of racquet wielding rackateer. This kind of conduct maybe outside of the capabilities of even the talented prosecutor and investigators of the chairgate committee, we may need to notify interpol and get the assistance of the department of justice.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:30 pm

Outstanding stuff HMM

This is indeed the latest incident in a growing litany of truly reprehensible behaviour by the Swiss Maestro.

But of course it's far from the worst example. Oh no. That must surely be the horrendous language used by the current Wimbledon champion during a match involving the current World Number One. Language so bad that it prompted none other than socal to report objectively that "Djokovic was discombobulated by said conduct" and that such "public verbal use" in "going after the mother or father is equally sick"

And what was the cause of all this on-court trauma .....?? It was of course Federer telling Novak's parents to ...... (wait for it) "Be quiet" Erm Erm

Shameful.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:37 pm

"Be quiet" = "Going Postal"

socal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_postal
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:39 pm

Hey BB, out of curiosity did you know what that expression meant before I used it, do they use it in the UK?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:50 pm

socal1976 wrote: My mother always taught me to never trust a man in a cream colored leisure suit, especially those mongraphed with his own logo.
Your mother was right. Cream suits are effectively the uniform of criminality. Only the most dangerous emblazon their initials for all to see though.
Roger Federer - The Rap Sheet Grows White_10

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:52 pm

socal1976 wrote:Hey BB, out of curiosity did you know what that expression meant before I used it, do they use it in the UK?
Yes, t isn't in general use but I'd heard of it. Can't remember for sure, maybe House used it.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:59 pm

Classic Murdoch, I love it, maybe instead of giving federer a cow the swiss should have given Federer a tiger. I have to say that wimbeldon gear was straight up gangsta!! I tease Roger but I thnk he did look really smart in it! Paul Annacone as Roger's Manny, I just hope he ends up better than Manny did in the movie.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:00 pm

How cool would that be if after fed hits a forehand winner he blurts out in his best pacino:"Say hello to my little friend!"

Last edited by socal1976 on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:01 pm

Ahh!!! you are house fan BB, love the show myself now I see where you model your charm and wit on.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:12 pm

Order, Order... the 606v2 Court is in session. All rise!

Judge: What is the first order of business, Clerk?
Clerk: Your Honour, we have only one case in docket today.
Judge: Ah those halcyon days! (deep sigh). To have a docket-full of such cases, what bliss. But I digress, let us bring it on.
Clerk: This is the case of Humanity v Basle Bungler aka Basel Bully aka Swiss Shanker aka GOAT aka Swiss Smugg aka Wee Keira Ripper.
Judge: What is his crime?
Clerk: A certain lack of humility and unlimited arrogance.
Judge (addressing The Jury): Have you reached a verdict, foreman?
Jury Foreman: Yes, Your Honour!
Judge: How do you find the defendant, Guilty or Not Guilty?
Jury Foreman: GUILTY! (in chorus).

Background music - Pink Floyd's - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE2t6HWmquc

Take him to Wall, Hang him by the Balls (Tennis Balls).

Run

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:17 pm

Blimey, I didn't have you down as PF fan.
Gilmour is da man!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:27 pm

laverfan wrote:Order, Order... the 606v2 Court is in session. All rise!

Judge: What is the first order of business, Clerk?
Clerk: Your Honour, we have only one case in docket today.
Judge: Ah those halcyon days! (deep sigh). To have a docket-full of such cases, what bliss. But I digress, let us bring it on.
Clerk: This is the case of Humanity v Basle Bungler aka Basel Bully aka Swiss Shanker aka GOAT aka Swiss Smugg aka Wee Keira Ripper.
Judge: What is his crime?
Clerk: A certain lack of humility and unlimited arrogance.
Judge (addressing The Jury): Have you reached a verdict, foreman?
Jury Foreman: Yes, Your Honour!
Judge: How do you find the defendant, Guilty or Not Guilty?
Jury Foreman: GUILTY! (in chorus).

Background music - Pink Floyd's - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE2t6HWmquc

Take him to Wall, Hang him by the Balls (Tennis Balls).

Run

Nice, I like it laverfan. You know in every criminal complaint they have to list all the known AKAs, so Swiss shanker, the basle bungler, etc. Laverfan is a cool chick always surprising us with her high taste in music and booze.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:37 pm

@Lydian... Georgia Pink (or is it Pink Anderson) and Floyd Councilman, IIRC.

@SoCal... Hug rose

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:45 pm

Quite correct LF. I like some of the old blues guys, loved the covers of Junior Kimbrough by The Black Keys, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s72fn7Nc8Eo
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 14 Mar 2013, 11:25 pm

Pretty good, Lydian. Very nice. Thanks.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down