The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Interview with Roger Federer

+3
droogle
Tenez
CAS
7 posters

Go down

Great Interview with Roger Federer Empty Great Interview with Roger Federer

Post by CAS Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:26 pm

I came across this interview today, thought it was worth posting for fans who have not seen it. An honest interview with some nice words about Rafa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWLi8Ju85OI&feature=related

CAS

Back to top Go down

Great Interview with Roger Federer Empty Re: Great Interview with Roger Federer

Post by Tenez Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:55 pm

Yes - She is talking about friendship with Rafa. He says "we get along".

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Thu 07 Jul 2011, 12:01 am

I didn't mean that but take from it what you will, found it interesting he mentions getting in your head and breaking you down physically. It's what a lot of people believed was Federer's problem against him, Nadal has a only one game plan but that A game is pretty devasting until Novak got his fitness straight and absorbed the forehand with his backhand.

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu 07 Jul 2011, 12:10 am

CAS wrote:I didn't mean that but take from it what you will, found it interesting he mentions getting in your head and breaking you down physically. It's what a lot of people believed was Federer's problem against him, Nadal has a only one game plan but that A game is pretty devasting until Novak got his fitness straight and absorbed the forehand with his backhand.

Isn;t it what I've always said. It's the breaking down physically that has been Federer's misfortune when meeting Rafa. He seems cool about it though.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Thu 07 Jul 2011, 12:20 am

do you think that Nadal never accepts any suggestions that he is better than Federer or that he may surpass his records because deep down he knows in terms of talent there is a bit of a gulf? It crossed my mind when he mentioned how effortlessly Novak and Roger take the ball early, implying he isn't able to, or is it he just wants to deflect pressure?

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu 07 Jul 2011, 12:52 am

CAS wrote: It crossed my mind when he mentioned how effortlessly Novak and Roger take the ball early, implying he isn't able to, or is it he just wants to deflect pressure?

He probably can take the ball early but can he do it regularly and consistently against those who have been doing it since they picked up a racquet? I don't think so.

Last edited by Tenez on Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:34 am

I like the staging of the interview, as though they're old friends who've just bumped into each other in a supermarket, then without preamble it's straight into the rigidly scripted questions. It's a Credit Suisse reunion.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:37 am

Credit Suisse has won more grand slam titles than any other financial institution.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by icecold Thu 07 Jul 2011, 3:58 pm

Tenez wrote:
CAS wrote:I didn't mean that but take from it what you will, found it interesting he mentions getting in your head and breaking you down physically. It's what a lot of people believed was Federer's problem against him, Nadal has a only one game plan but that A game is pretty devasting until Novak got his fitness straight and absorbed the forehand with his backhand.

Isn;t it what I've always said. It's the breaking down physically that has been Federer's misfortune when meeting Rafa. He seems cool about it though.

Fortune has nothing to do with it. Every tennis player tries to break the opponent down physically, mentally or preferably both.
It requires immense skill to break the will power of a player as talented and as physically strong, fast and fit as Roger Federer.

Nice to hear Federer giving credit to Rafael Nadal for his game and the way that he has developed into a complete player by adding much more variety.

icecold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:05 pm

Nice to hear Federer giving credit to Rafael Nadal for his game and the way that he has developed into a complete player by adding much more variety..

Well not sure how much he meant that. Just after his FO match he said that Nadal always does the same thing.

And clearly we did not see Nadal trying to vary much his game in the last 5 times he met DJoko. Whistle

Last edited by Tenez on Thu 07 Jul 2011, 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by icecold Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:49 pm

Tenez wrote:
Nice to hear Federer giving credit to Rafael Nadal for his game and the way that he has developed into a complete player by adding much more variety..

Well not sure how much he meant that. Just after his FO match he said that Nadal always does the same thing.

Because the same thing always works against Roger! Just ping the backhand until it self destructs. Laugh Maybe Roger should try to vary his response after 17 beatings and counting .... Whistle

And clearly we did not see Nadal trying to vary much his game in the last 5 times he meant DJoko. Whistle

No, we have. Just unsuccessfully. He has tried everything but Djokovic is clearly too strong at the moment.

icecold

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:55 pm

He's tried slowing the play down? Serve/volleying? Playing just up the middle?

What variety are you referring to?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Thu 07 Jul 2011, 6:09 pm

Amazing: fed said he so much missed to play against , amongst others, Henman: I think he should feel rather flattered in hearing this
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Chazfazzer Thu 07 Jul 2011, 7:29 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nTsaoYGlqY&feature=related

Just discovered this video...nice to see the Arabic commentators love Federer as well!

Chazfazzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jul 2011, 7:39 pm

This is a nice video,

but the translation is fake.

They commentators don't actually say anything resembling the translation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chazfazzer Thu 07 Jul 2011, 7:43 pm

Yeah I did realise! Out of interest do you know the gist of what they do actually say? I'd like to know what those Arabic commentators talk about; I had to endure them during an internet stream of the champions league final and they literally did not stop talking for a single second...

Chazfazzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jul 2011, 7:50 pm

It's pretty standard tennis commentary, just a bit more excitable. They do like Federer though.

Here's how it starts:

'What a fantastic serve, and what a time to deliver it'

'ooooooh, Andy Murray in the style of Pete sampras'

'71% first serves, and now Roger moves to the net'

'great return'

and so on..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jul 2011, 7:53 pm

Yeah arabic football commentary is crazy, it always sound funny to me because they use standard arabic instead of regional/dialectical arabic.

It would be like commentating in English in Shakespearean fashion.

Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down