The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I would like to nominate Roger Federer for the "Richard Sherman Gracious interview Award"

5 posters

Go down

I would like to nominate Roger Federer for the "Richard Sherman Gracious interview Award" Empty I would like to nominate Roger Federer for the "Richard Sherman Gracious interview Award"

Post by socal1976 Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:31 pm

Seeing how Federer has won 9 Nike/Edberg awards for sportsmanship I would like to nominate him for the first ever Richard Sherman post match interview award for the most gracious post match interview in sports. I am sure a lot of you uninitiated British types have no idea who Richard Sherman is but I thought I would include his recent post match brilliance to inform you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkTq__jd4I4

Federer is tennis' entry into the Richard Sherman award. Who can forget his magnum opus angrily denouncing the way his opponent dared to play against the annointed one in 2011. Where is mean Gene Okerlund when you need him? If Federer wins this prestigious honor it will be extremely deserving.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

I would like to nominate Roger Federer for the "Richard Sherman Gracious interview Award" Empty Re: I would like to nominate Roger Federer for the "Richard Sherman Gracious interview Award"

Post by lags72 Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Hey socal, thanks for the youtube link, that was fun, hadn't seen it before

I thought the guy sounded just like Federer ..... his voice, his mannerisms, his lunatic shouting. Close your eyes, and the similarity is quite uncanny.

And who said the Swiss are just a boring nation of cheese, chocolate & watchmakers ......??

Meanwhile socal, whilst on the subject of awards..... I feel it's only right that you too should be nominated for one :

"Award for the Poster who has written more words about Roger Federer than any other forum member"

There was a time on the old 606 when I felt it should go to Uneducated Biased aka Simple Analyst, aka Tennis Tutor. But the truth is, you have eclipsed him.

I do hope you will accept the nomination ; and should you go on to actually win this prestigious award, it will - to coin a phrase - "be extremely deserving"

Wink

lags72

Back to top Go down

I would like to nominate Roger Federer for the "Richard Sherman Gracious interview Award" Empty Re: I would like to nominate Roger Federer for the "Richard Sherman Gracious interview Award"

Post by socal1976 Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:07 pm

Fair enough lags, I am glad you enjoyed the Richard Sherman video. In case those doubt Fed being in the class of R. Sherman please lets remember his lucky shot taunts after the USO 2011.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:08 pm

I think Fed would look good with dreadlocks by the way.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:42 pm

LOL Socal, what would we do without you?  This is hilarious.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:54 pm

Thanks Summerblues, I know the media tries to sweep some of Fed's greatest post match interviews under the rug, probably because they are afraid of swoosh wearing hitmen delivering "pizzas" they haven't ordered to their hotel room, but in this cruel and dishonest world you can rely on me to give you the unvarnished truth.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:15 pm

lags72 wrote:Hey socal, thanks for the youtube link, that was fun, hadn't seen it before

I thought the guy sounded just like Federer ..... his voice, his mannerisms, his lunatic shouting. Close your eyes, and the similarity is quite uncanny.

And who said the Swiss are just a boring nation of cheese, chocolate & watchmakers ......??

Meanwhile socal, whilst on the subject of awards..... I feel it's only right that you too should be nominated for one :

"Award for the Poster who has written more words about Roger Federer than any other forum member"

There was a time on the old 606 when I felt it should go to Uneducated Biased aka Simple Analyst, aka Tennis Tutor. But the truth is, you have eclipsed him.

I do hope you will accept the nomination ; and should you go on to actually win this prestigious award, it will - to coin a phrase - "be extremely deserving"

Wink

laughing laughing Laugh Laugh drumroll drumroll picard picard

I will give you the nomination for outstanding post of the week, and if you win it you deserve it  Hug 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:17 pm

I guess everybody would have watched the movie "Babies day out "  Very Happy 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:19 am

I would like to nominate Roger Federer for the "Richard Sherman Gracious interview Award" AIWMm
I would like to nominate Roger Federer for the "Richard Sherman Gracious interview Award" Tumblr_lm8fnvUPs91qfzaz9o1_500

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:20 am

Oh wait I thought only lesser mortals yelled and screamed at the end of matches has anyone informed Hawkeye of this travesty, of this crime against god and nature?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:24 am

Honestly my favorite part of the Sherman interview was when the poor blonde lady was like "aaa... and joe back over to you"

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down