The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booing and Jeering

+11
Portnoy's Complaint
AlastairW
A World Cup and 3 Finals
dogtooth
thebluesmancometh
robbo277
2ndtimeround
BigTrevsbigmac
nobbled
rainbow-warrior
wrfc1980
15 posters

Go down

Booing and Jeering Empty Booing and Jeering

Post by wrfc1980 Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:43 am

I can't believe how much booing and jeering I heard whilst watching the Wales v England under 20's game last night on S4C, however I heard a new low. Booing as England ran onto the pitch which was disgusting in my view. Why would people do that? Also the England kicker faced booing and jeering for all of his pen/converson attempts. These are young men playing for their country at AGE group level trying to learn their trade. WHy the hell were a chunk of the Welsh crowd acting like morons?

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Booing and Jeering Empty Re: Booing and Jeering

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:12 am

wrfc1980 wrote:I can't believe how much booing and jeering I heard whilst watching the Wales v England under 20's game last night on S4C, however I heard a new low. Booing as England ran onto the pitch which was disgusting in my view. Why would people do that? Also the England kicker faced booing and jeering for all of his pen/converson attempts. These are young men playing for their country at AGE group level trying to learn their trade. WHy the hell were a chunk of the Welsh crowd acting like morons?

The same as English morons who do it when you have home games. Don't paint Wales with one brush, remember you were in North Wales too, the dislike is a little more intense up there.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:19 am

I was a little surprised at the amount of booing. It's become a fact of life and the players will just have to get used to it.
I don't like it, but there you go!
If it is any consolation it sounded fairly boozy and good natured even if rather loud. Wasn't the usual one or two you seem to get everywhere however, so maybe a football match somewhere got cancelled Whistle
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:25 am

Booing kickers is what we have come to expect & what the players are used to. I think England & Irish fans are unique in their quiet respect for the kicker ( generally!).
A bit of a shame that the English lads got booed when running out but it didn't affect them did it? But I'm sure they wouldn't have expected anything else!

Good for North Wales to get some exposure & a full house - well done clap

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:45 am

nobbled wrote:I was a little surprised at the amount of booing. It's become a fact of life and the players will just have to get used to it.
I don't like it, but there you go!
If it is any consolation it sounded fairly boozy and good natured even if rather loud. Wasn't the usual one or two you seem to get everywhere however, so maybe a football match somewhere got cancelled Whistle

Nothing cancelled, just a reaction you get in North Wales. Good job the game wasn't further west! They don't need alcohol either:)
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:46 am

As a Welsh rugby fan I did find the booing way over the top, I can only think it is an over reaction on the part of some fans that have been starved of quality live games up untill recently, lets hope the more games that take place in that part of the country the less football like the crowd will become.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:51 am

2ndtimeround wrote:As a Welsh rugby fan I did find the booing way over the top, I can only think it is an over reaction on the part of some fans that have been starved of quality live games up untill recently, lets hope the more games that take place in that part of the country the less football like the crowd will become.

Typical South Walian reaction, just remember where the worst football supporters in the UK come from .. Cardiff if you have forgotten.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:01 am

I dont follow football, and am also from nowhere near Cardiff.
If you believe booing an opposing side as it comes onto the field before a game has even started is acceptable behaviour for a Rugby crowd then I sincerely hope you are not typical of the majority of North Walian rugby fans.
These games are been played in North Wales I believe in response to the desire to grow the sport in that part of the country by fans up there, unsporting behaviour like that though will hardly strengthen you case to have a regional team based in North Wales.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:04 am

Incidently I feel the fact it was an under 20 side been booed makes it even worse.
But in fairness to the English lads they answered the booing in the best way they could by completely out playing us in just about every aspect of the game.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:06 am

wrfc1980 wrote:I can't believe how much booing and jeering I heard whilst watching the Wales v England under 20's game last night on S4C, however I heard a new low. Booing as England ran onto the pitch which was disgusting in my view. Why would people do that? Also the England kicker faced booing and jeering for all of his pen/converson attempts. These are young men playing for their country at AGE group level trying to learn their trade. WHy the hell were a chunk of the Welsh crowd acting like morons?

Prepare them for the senior game? Farrell is likely to get it today as well.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:16 am

2ndtimeround wrote:I dont follow football, and am also from nowhere near Cardiff.
If you believe booing an opposing side as it comes onto the field before a game has even started is acceptable behaviour for a Rugby crowd then I sincerely hope you are not typical of the majority of North Walian rugby fans.
These games are been played in North Wales I believe in response to the desire to grow the sport in that part of the country by fans up there, unsporting behaviour like that though will hardly strengthen you case to have a regional team based in North Wales.

Don't patronise me or North Wales, the Welsh rugby team is for Wales and rugby teams up in North Wales have been running as long as those in S Wales. It is just the sheer ignorance of the WRU to ignore North Wales that has been the problem. We can't help being more patriotic than you down south, after all it is N Wales that is the true part of the nation. I am sure the booing would not have happened had it been any other country.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:18 am

I have argued for any sort of noise makers in stadiums for a long time now, but at an age grade game it was a bit disgusting!!!

These huys may look like monstors but are still kids, emotionally they are very immature at this level still, and booing of any kind just has no place IMHO!!!

But north wales have been starved of rugby, and a full house for an U20 game is still impressive!!!

Not sure who mentioned Ireland and English fans staying quiet... they certainly do not and are as bad as anyone these days!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:25 am

I'm not patronising North Walians mate, just trying to enlighten you on sporting behaviour and the kind of atmosphere that normaly accompanies a rugby match, ie friendly banter.
I personally believe North Wales deserves a region and was pleased when Rupert Moon was appointed to help develop things up there. If you get the opportunity maybe you could ask him his opinion of booing a team of 19 year olds before they even start the game.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:50 am

i dont hear booing at the arms park. i dont hear booing at virginia park. its these spring time rugby fans that pop up at this time of year who havent fully absorbed the culture of the game.

nice to hear the announcer asking for the crowd to respect the kicker, and the applause that announcement recieved.

hope we can get the stadium to respect the kicker and the teams today.

good luck england. cmon wales.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:58 am

"Not sure who mentioned Ireland and English fans staying quiet... they certainly do not and are as bad as anyone these days!"

Totally untrue, Twickers and Lansdowne remain quite and always have done. You may feel embarrassed by it, but denying it won't change the truth.

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:59 am

dogtooth wrote:i dont hear booing at the arms park. i dont hear booing at virginia park. its these spring time rugby fans that pop up at this time of year who havent fully absorbed the culture of the game.

nice to hear the announcer asking for the crowd to respect the kicker, and the applause that announcement recieved.

clap

I hope Wales have a good game but just not as good as England's rose

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:08 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:
2ndtimeround wrote:I dont follow football, and am also from nowhere near Cardiff.

Don't patronise me or North Wales, the Welsh rugby team is for Wales and rugby teams up in North Wales have been running as long as those in S Wales. It is just the sheer ignorance of the WRU to ignore North Wales that has been the problem. We can't help being more patriotic than you down south, after all it is N Wales that is the true part of the nation. I am sure the booing would not have happened had it been any other country.

So by that thinking, the loudness of the booing has a direct correlation with a persons level of patriotism. In turn, hating the English (racist btw), in your opinion has to be a part of Walian patriotism.

laughing laughing laughing laughing

That opinion is by far the bitterest point of view I think I have ever heard. So sad that I should be feel sorry for you if it wasn't so damn funny. Doesn't being so filled with hate just make you tired?

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:17 am

Don't be too harsh on the lad, he's being bullied by an English kid at school and by calling himself a warrior on here is his way of regaining his limited manhood - albeit prepubescent Smile

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:23 am

A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:"Not sure who mentioned Ireland and English fans staying quiet... they certainly do not and are as bad as anyone these days!"

Totally untrue, Twickers and Lansdowne remain quite and always have done. You may feel embarrassed by it, but denying it won't change the truth.

Laugh Twickers is generally quiet I grant you, but they still don't respect the kickers!!! Landsdownes pretty quiet too as it was ripped down.

Anyone claiming the Irish and English still remain silent during kicks may want to go and check the last few games, last seasons games, the AI's...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:24 am

A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:
dogtooth wrote:i dont hear booing at the arms park. i dont hear booing at virginia park. its these spring time rugby fans that pop up at this time of year who havent fully absorbed the culture of the game.

clap

dogtooth, you clearly havn't been to the Arms park then!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:24 am

A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:Don't be too harsh on the lad, he's being bullied by an English kid at school and by calling himself a warrior on here is his way of regaining his limited manhood - albeit prepubescent Smile

Poor keyboard-warrior, if he was bullied that would actually explain a lot about such a bitter set of posts. Oh well, gave me a good laugh.

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:26 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:
A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:"Not sure who mentioned Ireland and English fans staying quiet... they certainly do not and are as bad as anyone these days!"

Laugh Twickers is generally quiet I grant you, but they still don't respect the kickers!!! Landsdownes pretty quiet too as it was ripped down.

Anyone claiming the Irish and English still remain silent during kicks may want to go and check the last few games, last seasons games, the AI's...

It is when you're having rings run around you by the Italians Sad - my tickets are still on the memorabilia board though

AlastairW

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:28 am

A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:Don't be too harsh on the lad, he's being bullied by an English kid at school and by calling himself a warrior on here is his way of regaining his limited manhood - albeit prepubescent Smile

Hahaha I am older than you and I have watched games at all 6 Nations venues, Australia, South Africa, Argentina and New Zealand, at 45 you should know what the Rainbow Warrior was. I have 4 children and have no worries about my manhood at all. Believe me when I tell you no english man has ever bullied me, in fact I have never been bullied by anyone. Now go smell the coffee you 45 year old schoolboy.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:28 am

AlastairW wrote:

Poor keyboard-warrior, if he was bullied that would actually explain a lot about such a bitter set of posts. Oh well, gave me a good laugh.

If you think his posts on this thread are pathetic you should check out the ones on the "George North head smashing" one - you'll be rolling in the aisles. OK

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:33 am

AlastairW wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

So by that thinking, the loudness of the booing has a direct correlation with a persons level of patriotism. In turn, hating the English (racist btw), in your opinion has to be a part of Walian patriotism.

That opinion is by far the bitterest point of view I think I have ever heard. So sad that I should be feel sorry for you if it wasn't so damn funny. Doesn't being so filled with hate just make you tired?

Blimey you are bright aren't you Whistle When it comes to anything english nothing makes me feel better. Do you know anything about Welsh - english history? I have supported the Irish all the way with their battle pal so go figure. Wales rose
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:40 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:

Hahaha I am older than you and I have watched games at all 6 Nations venues, Australia, South Africa, Argentina and New Zealand, at 45 you should know what the Rainbow Warrior was. I have 4 children and have no worries about my manhood at all. Believe me when I tell you no english man has ever bullied me, in fact I have never been bullied by anyone. Now go smell the coffee you 45 year old schoolboy.
Laugh

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:43 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:

Laugh
picard
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:49 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:
AlastairW wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

Blimey you are bright aren't you Whistle When it comes to anything english nothing makes me feel better. Do you know anything about Welsh - english history? I have supported the Irish all the way with their battle pal so go figure. Wales rose

Yes. I had the pleasure if living in Penllergaer as a kid and going to school in Gorseinon for a year or so. My gran was a Welsh primary school teacher. I find British history fascinating and have read up a lot about it, but I guess you'll find someway of belittling this or just spit out more bitter anti-English vitriol.

AlastairW

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:54 am

AlastairW wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:
AlastairW wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

Yes. I had the pleasure if living in Penllergaer as a kid and going to school in Gorseinon for a year or so. My gran was a Welsh primary school teacher. I find British history fascinating and have read up a lot about it, but I guess you'll find someway of belittling this or just spit out more bitter anti-English vitriol.

Not at all, I am not bothered with british history, I am Welsh not british.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:01 am

Can we please have a mod get shot of this keyboard warrior, what a waste of a thread and 2 minutes of my life reading this lot of gosh!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:01 am

oh well at least you seem to have lost your matches.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:39 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:

clap

dogtooth, you clearly havn't been to the Arms park then!!!

im just a little deaf maybe. last match i went to was blues sale. not as regular as i used to be.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:19 pm

A few places around Britain have the feel of history just hanging heavily from them even when empty

The Palace of Westminster, Stonehenge, (miss a few), the MS...

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:35 pm

Being age grade rugby, you had loads of kids in the stands. Although this is no excuse, it does cause far more booing.

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:43 pm

TBH I've slightly changed my mind on the booing of the kickers, I don't mind it so much anymore. After all is it really much different to the crowd making a huge rising noise when one of the opposition is positioning himself to catch a kick? what about the crowd shouting to try to stop the line-out calls being heard by the away side? for me it's all similar, and part of home advantage. I also think it doesn't really put the kicker off at all.

Booing sides when they come out onto the pitch though I completely disagree with, it's a total lack of respect. I think sides should always come out onto the pitch together really, would stop this sort of thing happening...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:29 pm

Have to say that the Cardiff crowd tonight were on the whole very civil, good to see, long may it continue.

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:02 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:
Don't paint Wales with one brush, remember you were in North Wales too, the dislike is a little more intense up there.

And I thought most "North Walians" were actually scousers Run

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:03 pm

I think the important thing for me was it seemed like GSTQ wasn't booed. Kicks, well that's fair game and because of the fact a lot of penalties seem to have some contentious issue attached to them now, obviously you do get riled up supporters. There did seem to be a few whistles when Halfpenny was lining some quicks up too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:47 pm

The GSTQ today was superb. Kudos the ms..
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down