The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The unnecessary booing of Cooper continues

+10
Mr Fishpaste
Sgt_Pooly
Breadvan
sirtidychris
Taylorman
kiakahaaotearoa
Submachine
aucklandlaurie
GloriousEmpire
The Saint
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Article Rating

The unnecessary booing of Cooper continues Vote_lcap29%The unnecessary booing of Cooper continues Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
The unnecessary booing of Cooper continues Vote_lcap0%The unnecessary booing of Cooper continues Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The unnecessary booing of Cooper continues Vote_lcap0%The unnecessary booing of Cooper continues Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
The unnecessary booing of Cooper continues Vote_lcap71%The unnecessary booing of Cooper continues Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 7

The unnecessary booing of Cooper continues Empty The unnecessary booing of Cooper continues

Post by The Saint Sat 24 Aug - 20:11

No mention of this then? If a player was booed by the Welsh in the Millennium Stadium there would be absolute uproar, because we all know that it's only the Welsh the boo opposition players. Nobody else in world rugby does it do they...

Last edited by The Saint on Sat 24 Aug - 20:18; edited 1 time in total

The Saint

Back to top Go down

The unnecessary booing of Cooper continues Empty Re: The unnecessary booing of Cooper continues

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 24 Aug - 20:14

Unnecessary? Get a grip mate. Quade went out of his way to paint himself the panto villain - he  ant expect anything else. It's become part of the rugby tradition like Beaaaaaaaaast, pink cowboy hats or the  humiliating twickenham hand pumping dance. Get over that chip on your shoulder.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

The unnecessary booing of Cooper continues Empty Re: The unnecessary booing of Cooper continues

Post by The Saint Sat 24 Aug - 20:16

He kneed McCaw in the head...before the last RWC. It's clearly you that needs to get a grip and get over it.
The unnecessary booing of Cooper continues 1347041234

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 24 Aug - 20:17

I think you misunderstand the culture. Quades reception is a form if endearment. I think he'd miss it if it stopped.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 24 Aug - 20:21

I don't really mind if players and teams are booed. Having said that, the Kiwi's have dragged this on long enough and should move on. After all, you lot (along with the English and Irish) are always on your high horse whenever the Welsh dare boo a player. Apparently none of your supporters do it...but yet again we have more conclusive proof that this is not true. Whistle 

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 24 Aug - 20:22

I don't give a rats arse what the Welsh do. They're largely an irrelevance In world rugby terms.

If it aggravates the Poms when welsh fans do something, then long live the behaviour.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 24 Aug - 20:24

The Saint wrote:No mention of this then? If a player was booed by the Welsh in the Millennium Stadium there would be absolute uproar, because we all know that it's only the Welsh the boo opposition players. Nobody else in world rugby does it do they...

I think your right in every thing you say, youd never hear us kiwis boo anyone.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 24 Aug - 20:25

If you don't give a rats arse then get off your high horse FGS. Pathetic behaviour.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 24 Aug - 20:26

Now now. Don't start a WUM thread if you can't stand the heat.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 24 Aug - 20:28

No GE, it's "If you can't stand the heat you better stay out of the kitchen."

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 24 Aug - 20:28

There were a lot of Australians in the crowd, I think they were booing the ref.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug - 20:30

It's a comedy boo right? Like a rustle of the hair boo.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 24 Aug - 20:31

Who could blame them though with some of those calls. Even Lynagh and Fitzy had a great deal to say about the officiating.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 24 Aug - 20:32

You'll have to forgive saint, he's a ball of anxious frustration and gets confused by the subtlety of winning cultures.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 24 Aug - 20:33

GE don't drag this off topic otherwise the admins may be forced to take action against you (again).

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 24 Aug - 20:35

Knock! knock!

Whos there?

Boo.

Boo Who?

Why are you crying.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Sat 24 Aug - 20:35

Saint, I admire your effort but you really need to put a bit more thought into your WUMS if you want to get the proper reaction. If you're going to use rhetoric it needs to be more subtle and the OP should leave a feeling like you've just read a very well researched piece but mocked at the same time.
I would refer you to your chief duelist on this thread Mr GE. Take a look back some of his previous threads. In essence you should be able to write 100 hundred words as an OP and when you come back after 150 posts there should pandemonium with at least 2 other posters banned. Your friend Munkian is a bit further down this path than you, but you are young and you will learn.
The Farce is strong with this one.

Last edited by Submachine on Sat 24 Aug - 20:37; edited 1 time in total

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 24 Aug - 20:36

Laugh 
Only Saint could end up so wound up on his own wind up thread Wink 

Love your work mate !

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 24 Aug - 20:38

Submachine wrote:Saint, I admire your effort but you really need to put a bit more thought into your WUMS if you want to get the proper reaction.
Really? I would disagree. GE seems to be right at home... Anyway this isn't a WUM, I was just making a point to the anti-welsh rugby world out there.

Rate my article please.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 24 Aug - 20:41

you're really the only one criticising an entire other country here saint...maybe paint your kettle before you call a pot black.

Quade is a Kiwi and its a bit of a friendly rivalry thing between antipodeans to give him some Gip. I think most kiwis appreciate that he's a talented guy (top turnover stat from super rugby believe it or not - just for starters) 

I don't see panto boing of Quade has anything to do with welsh rugby.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 24 Aug - 20:43

GE, you're clearly in a world of your own so I'll just refer you to post No.4 of this thread (and hopefully this time you get the message):
The Saint wrote:I don't really mind if players and teams are booed. Having said that, the Kiwi's have dragged this on long enough and should move on. After all, you lot (along with the English and Irish) are always on your high horse whenever the Welsh dare boo a player. Apparently none of your supporters do it...but yet again we have more conclusive proof that this is not true. Whistle

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 24 Aug - 20:46

Do the Welsh boo Welsh players?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 24 Aug - 20:48

We don't get upset with booing. We're precious about the haka.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug - 20:49

We wouldn't dream of booing rougerie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 24 Aug - 20:56

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Do the Welsh boo Welsh players?
The supporters have done so, for whatever reason. A bit like every other nation's supporters, except only the Welsh get bitched at over it.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug - 20:58

Do they? I never think of the welsh as booers.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 24 Aug - 21:01

It's too bad the English and Irish don't think like you ebop. You guys down there must be a lot less anti-welsh Whistle.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 24 Aug - 21:10

The Saint wrote:It's too bad the English and Irish don't think like you ebop. You guys down there must be a lot less anti-welsh Whistle.
We arent anti Welsh, I know a bloke whos a Welshman, his name is Shane Howarth.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug - 21:14

Saint mate, we aren't anti-welsh by any stretch, defo no witch hunt from down these parts. If you can transpose your relationship with the poms with our relationship with Oz then the booing of Quade makes a little more sense. I think it's a little passé now but it's a cult thing and it's kinda cringey but hey. Although when Oz beat us, it may get ugly, then it won't be funny and we may start feeling ashamed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 25 Aug - 18:19

The booing was minor last night. limited to one or two sections of the crowd it seemed.
Nganboy was there...hopefully we'll get his take on it...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Sun 25 Aug - 19:03

Are they saying boo or boo-urns ?

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 25 Aug - 20:10

The booing was the exact opposite of minor. So Cooper was involved in a bit of a fracas with King Richie a couple of years ago, they've both moved on since then. The All Blacks captain and coach have pleaded for this to stop (so surely it's something rather than nothing as GE would have you believe), yet it still continues. All this and nobody bats an eye-lid, at least until the Welsh dare boo someone.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun 25 Aug - 22:01

sirtidychris wrote:Are they saying boo or boo-urns ?
I was saying boo-urns.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&q=moleman+boo+urns&oq=moleman+boo&gs_l=img.1.0.0j0i5.2280.7345.0.9271.11.11.0.0.0.0.405.1549.2j8j4-1.11.0....0...1ac.1.25.img..0.11.1543.n7NAUUPE-pw&biw=768&bih=928&sei=X_EZUryBPIrG0QXSoICICA#biv=i%7C0%3Bd%7C46jyJjHuMmwTDM%3A

Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 25 Aug - 22:29

Another great article, well done.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug - 22:58

If there is 'unnecessary' booing is there also 'necessary' booing?  Discuss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Sun 25 Aug - 23:01

This is all much a-boo about nothing

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 25 Aug - 23:56

The Saint wrote:The booing was the exact opposite of minor. So Cooper was involved in a bit of a fracas with King Richie a couple of years ago, they've both moved on since then. The All Blacks captain and coach have pleaded for this to stop (so surely it's something rather than nothing as GE would have you believe), yet it still continues. All this and nobody bats an eye-lid, at least until the Welsh dare boo someone.
Saint I'm struggling to understand whether the purpose of your post is to pillory NZ fans for their selective booing of a player, or to complain that others pillory welsh fans for the selective booing of a player. 

It seems like you've put yourself in a bit of a spot by vilifying exactly the behaviour you are trying to defend.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug - 4:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F5sAGYox6Y

Damn, I got beaten to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Mon 26 Aug - 10:03

nganboy was there! The stadium announcer asked the crowd to show respect well before Cooper came on. There was booing. Lots of it. I don't like it. But now its turning into a joke and people are doing it cause they've been told not too.

My daughter and wife took the tickets I won (already have my own season ticket) and were sitting with a big Aussie contingent. They said the Aussie's were booing him too.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Mon 26 Aug - 10:08

Sad. I sat in a pub in the suburbs. no booing this time.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug - 10:22

Huh, Ngan said the ozzies were booing him as well, interesting twist. I didn't boo him on my couch this time, enough is enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 26 Aug - 20:37

GloriousEmpire wrote:I don't give a rats arse what the Welsh do. They're largely an irrelevance In world rugby terms.

That one resulted in the coffee being splurted on the keyboard!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 27 Aug - 4:03

nganboy wrote:nganboy was there! The stadium announcer asked the crowd to show respect well before Cooper came on. There was booing. Lots of it. I don't like it. But now its turning into a joke and people are doing it cause they've been told not too.

My daughter and wife took the tickets I won (already have my own season ticket) and were sitting with a big Aussie contingent. They said the Aussie's were booing him too.
Has GE read this?

And GE like I said I don't mind the booing. I'm weary of the fact that people lambast the Welsh on here for doing it when every other nation also does the booing (as proven here in case you blocked it out). You've also been mislead. You claimed it was a bit of fun because Cooper is the pantomime villain when in reality the Kiwi's are booing him because of the knee he put to McCaw's head in 2011.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 27 Aug - 4:05

tigertattie wrote:
GloriousEmpire wrote:I don't give a rats arse what the Welsh do. They're largely an irrelevance In world rugby terms.

That one resulted in the coffee being splurted on the keyboard!
Didn't you stop to think where it would put Scotland seeing as all your team does is lose to the irrelevant team? Very Happy

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Tue 27 Aug - 5:29

The Saint wrote:
nganboy wrote:nganboy was there! The stadium announcer asked the crowd to show respect well before Cooper came on. There was booing. Lots of it. I don't like it. But now its turning into a joke and people are doing it cause they've been told not too.

Has GE read this?

And GE like I said I don't mind the booing. I'm weary of the fact that people lambast the Welsh on here for doing it when every other nation also does the booing (as proven here in case you blocked it out). You've also been mislead. You claimed it was a bit of fun because Cooper is the pantomime villain when in reality the Kiwi's are 

booing him because of the knee he put to McCaw's head in 2011.
I've never seen anyone lambast Wales for booing. Certainly not NZ fans. I think you are making an odd comparison. 

The booing of Quade is not a vindictive thing which is shown by Ozzie fans doing it to. It's more a kind of communal socialisation thing. It's sort of a badge of honour for the guy.

Don't forget the guy is a kiwi playing in Queensland. Probably NSW fans booing him too.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 27 Aug - 7:03

GE, I haven't ready any posts from NZ fans lambasting Welsh fans for booing either. It comes across is a vindictive thing because he's being singled out for the treatment.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Tue 27 Aug - 7:08

I wouldn't worry Saint! Cooper is a big boy and I'm sure he doesn't need you to mother him. The guy will bounce back and he has said publically it doesn't bother him. It's a bit of fun and not like a school bully picking on a weakling. It will subside in time, perhaps.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Tue 27 Aug - 17:06

As I said I think its become a bit of a funny thing now - but I don't agree with it.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Wed 28 Aug - 5:03

Perspective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJDHkRn7z-M

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Wed 28 Aug - 5:30

https://youtu.be/76kriO_Dsb4

All hail our colonising over masters and their rigorous upholding of civility and sporting behaviour.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next