The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWC - Is booing during kicks and austentaciouly Celebrating tries now mandatory..!

+6
Cymroglan
iso
EnglishReign
rodders
dubh_linn
maestegmafia
10 posters

Go down

RWC - Is booing during kicks and austentaciouly Celebrating tries now mandatory..! Empty RWC - Is booing during kicks and austentaciouly Celebrating tries now mandatory..!

Post by maestegmafia Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:57 am

Booing was derided by many over the last few years, accusations of poor sportsmanship by disrespectful fans being hurled left right and centre.

Now almost every penalty, drop goal or conversion attempt is booed by the opposing fans.

I don't think it adds any more pressure to the kicker, but it positively encourages the atmosphere.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

RWC - Is booing during kicks and austentaciouly Celebrating tries now mandatory..! Empty Re: RWC - Is booing during kicks and austentaciouly Celebrating tries now mandatory..!

Post by dubh_linn Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:09 am

Yeah have noticed it a lot especially when cooper is kicking! when was the first match with real booing? Dont think it was nz v tonga....anyone know?

dubh_linn

Back to top Go down

RWC - Is booing during kicks and austentaciouly Celebrating tries now mandatory..! Empty Re: RWC - Is booing during kicks and austentaciouly Celebrating tries now mandatory..!

Post by rodders Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:11 am

There is booing in every game I've seen so far. I hate to see it and it's not in the spirit of the game.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:12 am

I think it's because big events like the RWC attract all sorts, rather than die hard rugby fans. A lot of the spectators might not be familiar with the etiquette and so think it's normal to boo the kicker. I remember seeing some Argentinians in the crowd going ballistic when Jonny stepped up to kick a pen, probably football fans that were there for the crack.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:31 am

It's all part of the evolution of rugby due to professionalism I think...!

Along with celebrating tries with more than just a hand shake.

The game has changed a great deal in the last sixteen years.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:36 am

I agree that boooing has increased quite a bit recently. It's like all the games are being played at the Millennium Stadium.

Back to top Go down

Post by iso Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:06 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:I agree that boooing has increased quite a bit recently. It's like all the games are being played at the Millennium Stadium.

lose the chip

iso

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:09 pm

iso wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:I agree that boooing has increased quite a bit recently. It's like all the games are being played at the Millennium Stadium.

lose the chip
Very Happy Hardly. The MS is Boo Central.

Oh, and if you want to see chips, check out the rancid bitterness from certain Welsh posters on the England match thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by iso Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:14 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
iso wrote:

lose the chip
Very Happy Hardly. The MS is Boo Central.

say things often enough and blinkered opinion seems to wear the disguise of 'truth' to the ill-informed.

iso

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:19 pm

It's a well-known problem at the MS. Welsh fans admit they don't like hearing it at their own stadium. Hopefully something is being done about it. Denying that it exists won't improve things.

Work together to educate your 'fans'. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by iso Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:22 pm

that's it ... keep saying it OK

iso

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:24 pm

As long as you keep booing it Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by iso Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:42 pm

bless ... the simplicity of a selective memory.

educate your own fans before you start hurling stones from that greenhouse.

iso

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:05 pm

It's rather sad that West brom fans were chanting in the minute silence yesterday bit of booing seems very tame in comparison.

If rugby fans ever showed so little respect thats the time I will become disillusioned with the game.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:35 pm

Cymroglan wrote:It's rather sad that West brom fans were chanting in the minute silence yesterday bit of booing seems very tame in comparison.

If rugby fans ever showed so little respect thats the time I will become disillusioned with the game.

That is very sad to hear.

The booing kicks surprisingly adds a bit of excitement to the occasion. I don't mind it. But the austentacious celebrations after try scoring goes against the grain even when the greatest tries were scored.

See mr Edwards and his Baa Baa mates doing their thing below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwCbG4I0QyA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:46 pm

Cymroglan wrote:It's rather sad that West brom fans were chanting in the minute silence yesterday bit of booing seems very tame in comparison.

That's downright shameful, what was the silence for Cymro?

The booing during England v Argentina was the worst I've heard at the WC and probably for that reason the first I noticed too. It has become fairly standard now by the sounds of things, at the time I thought with a crowd of Argentinians and a lot of NZ locals miffed at the black jersey thing, it was hardly surprising.

It doesn't seem to affect club rugby though does it?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:00 pm

PJ for the four miners WBA were playing Swansea,

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:05 pm

Apparently the West Brom fans were chanting songs about the miners too. Still, Swansea let the football do their talking and thrashed them, and that's the best response to all this booing. Let the fans boo away, because when the kicks are still beautifully taken, it's even more enjoyable (unless it's against your team of course) Smile

As for Quade Cooper, in NZ he's been officially declared Public Enemy No.1 by the local media, so he gets booed whenever he gets his hands on the ball.

As for try celebrations, I haven't really seen any other than the usual hugging, pat on the head etc. Oh Ashton did do his pre-try celebration in a swan-dive and pointy finger thingy...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:10 pm

Cymroglan wrote:PJ for the four miners WBA were playing Swansea,

Sorry Cymro, that's just disgraceful, I know they're from my part of the world but they must be on another planet. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the morons.

I thought they were playing one of the London clubs so I couldn't figure out what the silence would be for, I don't really do roundball and that kind of ignorance is just one of the reasons. OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:11 pm

I agree with you. Although some of the chanting heard at the MS is similar to the type of stuff the West Brom fans were doing. Disgraceful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:12 pm

This isn't unique to West Brom fans. Cardiff City has had "Aberfan! Aberfan! Aberfan!" chanted at them for years by Bristol City fans. That chant refers to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberfan_disaster

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:14 pm

Cari, if we're throwing around accusations I think Cardiff and Swansea fans have been some of the worst behaved ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:14 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:

I agree with you. Although some of the chanting heard at the MS is similar to the type of stuff the West Brom fans were doing. Disgraceful.

SafeAs, seriously mate, I've never heard a minutes silence disrespected at any rugby game, whatever goes on during kicks at the MS cannot be compared to that.

Perhaps that's not what you meant?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:15 pm

SafeAsMilk could you provide some evidence ?

If you are using what went on at West Brom as ammo to wum then you are pretty sick mate,

Last edited by Cymroglan on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:16 pm

iso wrote:

say things often enough and blinkered opinion seems to wear the disguise of 'truth' to the ill-informed.

thumbsup
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:18 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:

chanting what chanting, in all my times to the ms over past few seasons i have never heard any chanting, the odd boo but that is never by any of the "true" fans. so safe as please lets not overreact, and let your prejudice of the welsh override this article

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:18 pm

Cymroglan wrote:SafeAsMilk could you provide some evidence ?

If you are using what went on at West Brom as ammo to wum then you are pretty sick mate,
I didn't bring that up. It seems other people (Cari etc) are using it as a point-scoring exercise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:18 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:Cari, if we're throwing around accusations I think Cardiff and Swansea fans have been some of the worst behaved ever.

I'm not "throwing around accusations" - I've heard that chant at City matches. I'm also not saying any club is worse than any other. I was demonstrating that this sort of behaviour isn't unique to that one football match. I would make references to English football matches if I knew what went on in them, but I don't so I haven't. So perhaps, YOU should be the one to read posts properly and stop throwing accusations around yourself.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:20 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Cymroglan wrote:SafeAsMilk could you provide some evidence ?

I didn't bring that up. It seems other people (Cari etc) are using it as a point-scoring exercise.

Er...point scoring exercise? I didn't realise there was a competition going on.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:22 pm

SafeAs, I read your post that to me suggested that rugby fans at the MS did similar things to what West Brom fans apparently did yesterday.

That simply isn't true.

PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:24 pm

Just ignore the low life anybody that would try and wum his way by suggesting that rugby fans have done the same thing at the ML has to be sick in the mind.

Just FOE the fool

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:25 pm

The only time I've ever heard a minute silence interrupted in rugby (bear in mind I haven't watched every match ever) was when Wales played South Africa in the MS a couple of years ago in the Autumn. They had the silence for Rememberance Day and a South African fan shouted "GO BOKKE!!" towards the end for which he was shooshed and the commentator apologised.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:26 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:SafeAs, I read your post that to me suggested that rugby fans at the MS did similar things to what West Brom fans apparently did yesterday.

That simply isn't true.

I didn't say rugby fans.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:28 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:

SafeAs, seriously mate, I've never heard a minutes silence disrespected at any rugby game, whatever goes on during kicks at the MS cannot be compared to that.

I have safeasmilk on the ignore setting because he writes the sort of rubbish as above.

I just read his post that you quoted above.

There is no conection what so ever between football supporters chanting songs about miners during a one minutes silence for four dead miners and booing during a kick at goal in rugby at any stadium.

Safeasmilk I advise that you should apologise or edit that comment quickly it is a ridiculously offensive accusation.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:31 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:

I have safeasmilk on the ignore setting because he writes the sort of rubbish as above.

I just read his post that you quoted above.

There is no conection what so ever between football supporters chanting songs about miners during a one minutes silence for four dead miners and booing during a kick at goal in rugby at any stadium.

Safeasmilk I advise that you should apologise or edit that comment quickly it is a ridiculously offensive accusation.

I didn't say rugby fans. The discussion had moved onto football (as a comparison) and you are aware the Welsh national football team play there too?

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:31 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:SafeAs, I read your post that to me suggested that rugby fans at the MS did similar things to what West Brom fans apparently did yesterday.

That simply isn't true.

I didn't say rugby fans.

And that's why I suggested that that probably wasn't what you meant, given the nature of the topic i.e. behaviour at rugby matches, the mention of the MS does suggest your post was refering to rugby games at the MS.

It's easy to be misunderstood when you're writing, before going off on one we all need to consider the possible difference between what is written, what is read and what is meant. OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:33 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:

That simply isn't true.

I didn't say rugby fans.

And that's why I suggested that that probably wasn't what you meant, given the nature of the topic i.e. behaviour at rugby matches, the mention of the MS does suggest your post was refering to rugby games at the MS.

It's easy to be misunderstood when you're writing, before going off on one we all need to consider the possible difference between what is written, what is read and what is meant. OK
Cheers, maybe I wasn't very clear OK It sometimes happens on here Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:33 pm

Well he is the first and hopefully the last to go on my FOE list.

PJ there is absolutely no need for you to make a apology but it was a very nice gesture.

Cheers mate.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:35 pm

Also, apols to anyone else if I wasn't clear. Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:38 pm

Cymroglan wrote:Well he is the first and hopefully the last to go on my FOE list.

PJ there is absolutely no need for you to make a apology but it was a very nice gesture.

Cheers mate.

Cymro, both my grandads were miners, one got Killed in an accident before I was born and I watched the other one die very slowly from pneumoconiosis, as a result of that experience I have an affinity with anyone who digs for coal.

There was every need. OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:39 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:Also, apols to anyone else if I wasn't clear. Hug

Fair enough SafeAs, man enough for me. OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:42 pm

Cymroglan wrote:Well he is the first and hopefully the last to go on my FOE list.

Cheers mate.

Agreed.

He is waste of time the mods advise that if you ignore him he will disappear someother forum...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:44 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:

Cheers, PJ. Very Happy

Just need a hug from Cymroglan now and it'll all be fine. Come on, big fella kiss

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:46 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:

Cheers, PJ. Very Happy

Just need a hug from Cymroglan now and it'll all be fine. Come on, big fella kiss

🤦
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down