The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done Italy

+2
Brendan
TJ1
6 posters

Go down

Well done Italy Empty Well done Italy

Post by TJ1 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 5:13 pm

Good series for them. Well done. Closed out the games and for once not at Scotlands expense!

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Well done Italy Empty Re: Well done Italy

Post by Brendan Sat 16 Mar 2013, 5:41 pm

I think next year they won't be certs for the wooden spoon

I wonder what odds you'd have got on them beating France and Ireland before the six nations

Against the Irish they looked fairly big

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:43 pm

Yes, well done. Forza Italia clap
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:57 pm

Hopefully we won't get those comments that they shouldn't be in this comp. They are far from the finished package but show me a team in this 6N or any team in world rugby that is.

They still need to learn to travel and have yet to put in a convincing display like today outside of Rome. But they have added to their attack and look a more complete side and the confidence they will get from beating sides like France and Ireland will be significant in giving them belief. Really good to see and I have been impressed with the way they have progressed under their new coach. They just need more consistency and need to tap into something when they play away.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 9:55 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Hopefully we won't get those comments that they shouldn't be in this comp. They are far from the finished package but show me a team in this 6N or any team in world rugby that is.

They still need to learn to travel and have yet to put in a convincing display like today outside of Rome. But they have added to their attack and look a more complete side and the confidence they will get from beating sides like France and Ireland will be significant in giving them belief. Really good to see and I have been impressed with the way they have progressed under their new coach. They just need more consistency and need to tap into something when they play away.

Errrmmm.... The All Blacks?!

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:55 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Hopefully we won't get those comments that they shouldn't be in this comp. They are far from the finished package but show me a team in this 6N or any team in world rugby that is.

What??? Did I hear someone mention a new coach????

Oh sorry, I'm just sensitive to any connection between the word 'coach' and 'new'.

Congratulations to Italy. Off the floor by throwing two 6N 'big hitters'............. Whistle .......to the floor. Italy played like they knew they were in an International competition for most of the 6N, something Ireland and France couldn't be accused of.

But enough of mis-firing rubbish and criminally shoddy coaching. Italy have been in the sewer mood-wise for more than their share of 6N years. The team have been playing now for the last few years in a mood designed to give their fans and countrymen something to smile about. This year with a new coach, it's beginning to show dividends. They've worked hard, they've worked for each other, they've feared nobody and they deserve the happiness they'll obviously be feeling today

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down