The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greg Laidlaw

+25
George Carlin
100%beefy
Tattie Scones RRN
Manky-Flanker
dragonbreath
bsando
gboycottnut
UlstermaninGlasgow
21st Century Schizoid Man
RDW
Taffineastbourne
t1000advancedprototype
Janecory
welshboii15
Cryptoyourisan
hodge
Morgannwg
Imperialbigdave
tigertattie
RubyGuby
TJ1
funnyExiledScot
ScarletSpiderman
RuggerRadge2611
InjuredYetAgain
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Greg Laidlaw - Page 3 Empty Greg Laidlaw

Post by InjuredYetAgain Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:23 am

First topic message reminder :

There have been a few posters waxing lyrical about Greg Laidlaw and I see from another thread that Sky even have him in as starting 9 for the Lions.
Am I missing something here? Ok, he put in a nifty wee pass for Maitland's try against England and I appreciate that he would be following a game plan but his box kicking was truly awful and either went vertically putting all his forwards in an offside position or was so far ahead of the chasers, it was just a waste. His service isn't anything special and his defence while getting better could be likened to Chris Ashton. From what I can see, he was in the team for his place kicking. Hopefully, young Kennedy will get more game time at Edinburgh next season and displace Laidlaw.
I didn't think I would ever say this but Mike Phillips is a shoo-in for the starter's role with the Lions.
God, I am in a bad mood this morning

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Greg Laidlaw - Page 3 Empty Re: Greg Laidlaw

Post by reallybored Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:41 pm

Christ, the level of bile on this is horrendous.

Laidlaw isn't the strongest tackler in the world but as a Scotland supporter it's never been a real source of alarm. He fell off a crucial one in Cardiff last year but he's hardly the only player Cuthbert's run over and other than that has done enough. Not in the team to make tackles, he's there to run the game as well as kick the goals which he's done that well.

As for the Australia game, you can write it off or degrade it if you want but fact of the matter is we beat them that day.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:08 am

This thread is going nowhere and is creating a lot of petty squabbling so the mod team have decided to lock it and get everyone to move on. Any questions pm me. Rdw

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3