The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bischoff answers back to Bret's criticism

+6
JamesLincs
Adam D
Shot 21 LCFC
crippledtart
Miz NG
Hero
10 posters

Go down

Bischoff answers back to Bret's criticism Empty Bischoff answers back to Bret's criticism

Post by Hero Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:02 pm

Eric Bischoff appeared on Inside the Ropes Thursday night and discussed Bret Hart's criticism of him and more. Check out the highlights:

On Bret's WCW run: "I had spoken to and met Bret several times before he made the jump. I was obviously excited to have him but clearly Bret Hart was a very broken....and in my opinion still is, from the interviews I hear him do, a very sad, broken and bitter person. That was pretty evident when he first came over. He was a shadow or a shell of his former self. Wherever Bret was, the high point of his character, what I got was a kind of broken, sad shell of that and quite honestly I don't think he's ever come out of it."

On Bret's saying Bischoff "knows nothing about wrestling: "It's not unusual for guys like Bret Hart, from that era....the only way they know how to get over is to get over at the expense of someone else. Bret Hart's trying very hard to stay relevant. Unfortunately, he's no longer relevant. He was a big star, he had a big name at one point, he was an important character in the history of the business but he's not any longer and I'm sure that's hard on him. I know myself how it feels to realize that your biggest and best days as a performer are behind you. I'm very comfortable with that, I've embraced it but it's hard for a lot of guys who've never been anything other than performers. They have a hard time with that. It's not easy getting older in the wrestling business, believe me, when you're surrounded by younger and younger people who in many ways aren't as over or as skilled or as popular as you may have been or still are now. But this business is a business that's served by youth and change. And for someone like Bret, that manifests itself in his personality, lashing out at others. It's funny, when he came to me he hated Vince McMahon, he hated everyone in the WWE from the office to half the roster. He didn't have a good thing to say about any of the McMahons. Then when he got the opportunity to go back and work for them, he had to shift that. Then his hatred was for someone else like Bill Goldberg for giving him a concussion and now it's for me and for Hulk, there's no rhyme or reason for it and as far as his opinion of my value and what I've achieved in the wrestling business, I'll let my body of work and success speak for itself."

On his TNA future: "I really don't plan on being in the wrestling business too much longer and I say that in a very grateful and positive way. This business has been great for me and my family. It's been almost 30 years. I'm still shocked to this day. My goal now isn't to accomplish anything professionally, because I've kind of been there, done that. My goal now and this is gonna sound kinda corny, I really like teaching. I like watching guys like Matt Connaway and Dave Lagana, watching them grow into new areas that they haven't been able to get into before. Someday, hopefully, in the near future, I'm going to be able to walk away from this business and when I do, I want to be able to know that I was able to shape, in one way shape or form, guys who will carry on and be the future of the business."

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Bischoff answers back to Bret's criticism Empty Re: Bischoff answers back to Bret's criticism

Post by Miz NG Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:09 pm

As a huge Bret Hart fan, there are some aspects of what Bischoff is saying I agree with. I don't believe Bret has ever got over Montreal - even to this day.

However, I believe that Bret was woefully misused during his time in WCW, which is Bischoff's doing. Hart was the hottest thing in wrestling after Montreal and, IMO, WCW didn't take full advantage of it.

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Bischoff answers back to Bret's criticism Empty Re: Bischoff answers back to Bret's criticism

Post by crippledtart Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:12 pm

He doesn't have any goals left in wrestling? Shouldn't his goal be to help TNA grow? That's a massive challenge and if it isn't one that consumes his every waking hour then he should do the dignified thing and quit accepting a huge paycheck from the company.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Bischoff, like many of his cronies from that very brief run when WCW made money before his mismanagement put the company out of business, is a charlatan.

His only apparent talent is the ability to impress stupid people with a vast array of corporate buzzwords.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:12 am

Yeah but he has a nach for making things better. Face facts cuz your opinions dont matter. That maniac is gonna step on whomever...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:18 am

I agree with Miz and Crips, in so far as Bischoff is spot on with his cirticisms but also completely out of touch with what he has actually brought to the industry.

Both Hart and Bischoff are bitter (more so in Brets case) and living on past glories (which were not bad in Brets case)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:25 am

To be fair to Bischoff he had 3 things in his favour:

An awesome theme tune when he was in WWE, he bought (kayfabe I presume) the Elimination Chamber to our screens, and finally one last thing but one of the greatest things to happen to wrestling:

3 letters.....H.....L.....A.....

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:26 am

those words will eat bret up

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:24 am

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:To be fair to Bischoff he had 3 things in his favour:

An awesome theme tune when he was in WWE, he bought (kayfabe I presume) the Elimination Chamber to our screens, and finally one last thing but one of the greatest things to happen to wrestling:

3 letters.....H.....L.....A.....

Hogan Loves Anal? Each to their own

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:29 am

Hero Loves Adam?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:41 am

Mr H wrote:Hero Loves Adam?

Again, each to their own. Just dont tell Bully Ray

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Mr H wrote:Hero Loves Adam?

Hero and Adam shave their frickin' chests?! Shocked

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:37 pm

We shave each others if you want to be factually correct

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Adam D wrote:We shave each others if you want to be factually correct

Bully Ray disapproves of this.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:21 am

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
Adam D wrote:We shave each others if you want to be factually correct

Bully Ray disapproves of this.

Bully Ray is ripping up their Aces & Eights jackets as we speak...opportunity denied! Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down