The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WITHOUT RESTATING ALL THE OLD HEC ARGUMENTS

+3
Kingshu
doctor_grey
Portnoy's Complaint
7 posters

Go down

WITHOUT RESTATING ALL THE OLD HEC ARGUMENTS Empty WITHOUT RESTATING ALL THE OLD HEC ARGUMENTS

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:40 pm

When's the next meeting of the ERC combatants to agree a compromise/schism?

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

WITHOUT RESTATING ALL THE OLD HEC ARGUMENTS Empty Re: WITHOUT RESTATING ALL THE OLD HEC ARGUMENTS

Post by doctor_grey Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:41 pm

in the the year 2525

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

WITHOUT RESTATING ALL THE OLD HEC ARGUMENTS Empty Re: WITHOUT RESTATING ALL THE OLD HEC ARGUMENTS

Post by Kingshu Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:57 pm

not soon enough, I think its a case of brinkmanship from both sides now.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:56 am

About two weeks before the current contract ends, then there will be several nights of intense negotiation (in the best hotels obviously) and a compromise will be reached just in time.....

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:35 am

Irish Londoner wrote:About two weeks before the current contract ends, then there will be several nights of intense negotiation (in the best hotels obviously) and a compromise will be reached just in time.....

Sadly that is most likely what will happen.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:46 am

I thought (from memory) that there was another meeting planed in March. (but I'm probably fazed by the fitting and spurting of the developments).

But I'm sadly and reluctantly becoming resigned to a 50:50 chance of a schism rather than a compromise.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:03 am

I think that neither side is prepared to compromise, I know in neogations you start high and come down, but neither if neither side is prepared to come down they its stalemate. I think thats the point thats reached.

I see a last bout of talks before the old deal expires, but niether side prepared to budge, and we will have a year with no H-cup, and both sides waiting for the other to crack, if neither do and both would rather no H-cup that the deal the other side wants, they we can all look forward to teams soley focassed on thier leagues, and endless debates to which team is better, with no Europe to guage them by.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:09 am

WHAT WITH ALL THE CAPITALS LADS?

2 threads started by Leicester fans. Capitol city. Neither one containing earth shattering news.

Eyesight going? Just felt like SHOUTING?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:14 am

The original talk was of a meeting in February and that did not happen and speculation has now moved to a May cosy get together, Unions on one side of the table, clubs on the other.....

The format of the BT coverage of the AP is slowly being divulged, surely the English clubs must be pondering why not keep most of the euro element as well and create an FA cup style competition in the place of the HC. Their whole rationale about the current HC was about the finances after all.....

Everything has gone very quiet, waiting for the latest media speculation.

My bet would be a decision in the summer after season end but before the start of next season, so the clubs know what if anything they playing to qualify for. Obviously the R12 clubs don't need to know, currently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:18 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:WHAT WITH ALL THE CAPITALS LADS?

2 threads started by Leicester fans. Capitol city. Neither one containing earth shattering news.

Sorry Jenny.
The caps font was intended for emphasis not shouting.

There have been innumerable threads on this issue which have retreaded the same old tyres.

I'm just asking when the parties meet again.

Pax.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:20 am

greytiger wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:WHAT WITH ALL THE CAPITALS LADS?

Sorry Jenny.
The caps font was intended for emphasis not shouting.

There have been innumerable threads on this issue which have retreaded the same old tyres.

I'm just asking when the parties meet again.

Pax.

Don't mind me. I just hate caps. My wife is very fond of them. Perhaps that's it.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:14 am

Recwatcher wrote:The original talk was of a meeting in February and that did not happen and speculation has now moved to a May cosy get together, Unions on one side of the table, clubs on the other.....

The format of the BT coverage of the AP is slowly being divulged, surely the English clubs must be pondering why not keep most of the euro element as well and create an FA cup style competition in the place of the HC. Their whole rationale about the current HC was about the finances after all.....

Everything has gone very quiet, waiting for the latest media speculation.

My bet would be a decision in the summer after season end but before the start of next season, so the clubs know what if anything they playing to qualify for. Obviously the R12 clubs don't need to know, currently.
If you think that the same amount of money £152 mill will be available from BT, if there is no pan eurropean competition in place you are living in cloud cuckoo land

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down