The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll

+29
mystiroakey
thebluesmancometh
100%beefy
Glas a du
George Carlin
Sin é
offload
TJ1
rodders
RubyGuby
maestegmafia
bedfordwelsh
majesticimperialman
flyhalffactory
Sgt_Pooly
bluestonevedder
alive555
RuggerRadge2611
fa0019
irfon17
welshboii15
Barney McGrew did it
dgttaylor
SecretFly
LondonTiger
gregortree
GunsGerms
The Great Aukster
theslosty
33 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Lions Captain?

Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap27%Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 29 ]
Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 12 ]
Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 12 ]
Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 7 ]
Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 8 ]
Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 12 ]
Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 11 ]
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 107

Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Empty Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll

Post by theslosty Tue 26 Mar 2013, 1:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

This may not turn out to be thread of the year, but you know what to do.

Vote for who you would like to see captain the Lions in Australia.
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Empty Re: Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll

Post by RubyGuby Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:26 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:I dunno if he is nailed on or not. Someone was despairing on the blind side flanker poll thread that Ryan Jones only has a couple of votes. The competition for the backrow is crazy. Especially at 6. 7 IMO picks itself with Tipuric and or Warbs since the main competition isn't really stepping up.

Barclay was Immense against Munster at the weekend, and will have a chance to showcase his talents in the pro12 playoffs for Glasgow, but I can't think he'll be good enough to displace Warbs or Tipuric.

Tipuric has been simply outstanding and IMO is one of the "nailed on" test starters along with Adam Jones. The rest I reckon will be decided on the tour.

Result......................... thumbsup Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll - Page 3 Empty Re: Lions Captain - No Nonsense Poll

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:28 am

I reckon a front row of Grant, Hibbard and Jones would be the way to go. Strong, great in the loose and they can suffocate the opposition front row with Beards and Girly hippy lock hair.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 03 Apr 2013, 1:50 pm

George Carlin wrote:Adam Jones cannot be the Lions figurehead.

Not with that hair.

Surely 'that hair' makes him an ideal Lions figurehead - lions have manes, don't they?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:00 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Adam Jones cannot be the Lions figurehead.

Not with that hair.

Surely 'that hair' makes him an ideal candidate for a Frizz-Ease commercial?
I cannot argue with that, Luckless.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:59 pm

I think he should take pride in his hair. Get it? Pride?

Tumbleweed

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 03 Apr 2013, 3:02 pm

It's too easy RubyGuby......

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 03 Apr 2013, 3:05 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:It's too easy RubyGuby......

thumbsup I just thought we could build the team around Wood

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 03 Apr 2013, 3:51 pm

At last there's a satisfying amount of Nonsense making its way into this No Nonsense Poll.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Wed 03 Apr 2013, 4:56 pm

George Carlin wrote:
100%beefy wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
100%beefy wrote:
George Carlin wrote:If Sexton is not 100%, Farrell does not come out of the Heineken covered in glory and Toulon advances to the final, then I think Wilkinson going becomes more and more likely. There, I done said it. tomato

Biggar?
If Sexton is not 100%, Farrell does not come out of the Heineken covered in glory and Toulon advances to the final, then I think Wilkinson going becomes more and more likely. There, I done said it. tomato

Biggar?
just not possible Beefy. In so many ways.

how very enigmatic,

you don't even consider the most consistent 10 of the 6 Nations over Farrell who has huge question marks not least over his composure and Wilkinson who is approaching retirement. Makes sense.

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 04 Apr 2013, 7:45 am

Biggar touring with the Lions seemed unlikely before the Six Nations, never mind starting the Tests; but he's coming up on the rails. Not literally of course, unless he has a thing for rails.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 04 Apr 2013, 7:51 am

Bigger is the quiet performer. Has been in great form and has stopped waving his arms in the air with petulant abandon.

He is a more promising prospect than the inexperienced Farrell.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:32 am

I voted for Ashton. Born leader.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:35 am

Farrell has question marks over his composure?? Seriously??

Farrell would start above Bigger, I'm 100% on that

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by theslosty Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:50 am

I imagine Halfpenny will be picked at 15, as we all know a very solid goal-kicker.
Bearing this in mind, what does Farrell bring to the table that Biggar does not?

And I realise that a lot of Welsh players were instantly overhyped, and a lot of good English performances have been forgotten by some posters, but I thought Biggar had a consistently good tournament, and I have never been that impressed by Farrell.
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 04 Apr 2013, 12:26 pm

theslosty - What Biggar did was just bring his Ospreys form to Wales - He didn't have the greatest game against Ireland but that shows he has a strong charachter about him to come back as he did. His defending has also been very good. He showed composure against England that we are used to seeing in key games for the Ospreys. Maybe some of the english posters are better placed to argue Farrells case but IMO he is at present a limited OH who does what he does very very well - Maybe Farrell would show up better with more oprions outside him as Saracens and England try to play similar games IMO thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3