The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a team to support? This is the thread for you.

+4
SB
Luke
Cari
RebelBhoy
8 posters

Go down

Need a team to support? This is the thread for you. Empty Need a team to support? This is the thread for you.

Post by RebelBhoy Tue 03 May 2011, 3:27 pm

To those of you new to the GAA and you don't have friends or family living in Ireland but you need to follow a team to keep you interested.

tell us about yourself and we will chose you a county.
100% satisfaction not guaranteed.
When your team wins, there will still be something wrong. When they lose (which they will) you will suffer a winter of heartache and turmoil.
Tell US about YOU and we will tell YOU about YOU.

RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Need a team to support? This is the thread for you. Empty Re: Need a team to support? This is the thread for you.

Post by Cari Tue 03 May 2011, 5:26 pm

Too late! I took the Dubs... Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Need a team to support? This is the thread for you. Empty Re: Need a team to support? This is the thread for you.

Post by RebelBhoy Tue 03 May 2011, 6:06 pm

you can keep em!!
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 04 May 2011, 1:34 am

What are Galway like? espically at gaelic football
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Wed 04 May 2011, 2:02 am

Their u-21's just won the all Ireland beating Cavan in the final on sunday in very impressive fashion, so the signs are good for the future.

The seniors have been poor for the last few years but they always play a nice brand of football. They'd be a borderline top ten county at the minute. they flopped badly last year in an experimental management set up that went badly wrong. whether they should have stuck with it or not, time will tell...

They probably have one of the most talented hurlers of all time on their team but the rest of the team is lacking in depth. probably the 5th best team in the country at the minute.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 04 May 2011, 2:56 pm

Thanks RebelBhoy, i think i'll follow them, is there a web-site etc
that can keep me in touch to who there losing to weekly?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Wed 04 May 2011, 3:50 pm

This one right here will keep you up to speed.

The real action starts in a few weeks.

Galway don't have a game until June.

We did live scores over on 606, so I reckon it will be even better here without the 2 minute rule.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 04 May 2011, 6:10 pm

Here's the live TV schedule as well (if you can get Irish telly):

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=147295

If like me you can't get live Irish telly, RTE show highlights every week on the following Wednesday:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/mediaplayer.html

That player also gives you access to the live commentary on the radio during each match which is what I do.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 04 May 2011, 6:19 pm

Thank you both.

Am i allowed to vote for Cari in the mod elections now i've got a
GAA team to support.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Wed 04 May 2011, 6:50 pm

you sure are.

Cari has been a great servant to the people of Galway for many a year now. She will not let you down.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by SB Fri 27 May 2011, 11:36 pm

Heya guys.

I follow the Gaelic football on Premier Sports but as there are 32 counties I sometimes don't really know who to follow.

Living in Cornwall, and being a Cornishman and a fellow Celt I'd like someone to nominate a side who are fairly rural and known for being proud and fairly uncompromising.

And whatever team gets nominated I shall accept and follow... Very Happy
SB
SB

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sat 28 May 2011, 12:57 am

Hi SB.

The Cornish colours are black and white. They have already suffered a loss this season and probably won't do any damage later on. A rural county renowned for its beauty.

I'd hate to lumber you with them as they are not going to do much this year.

Rural and beautiful...maybe the Kingdom of Kerry might be the place for you?

I'll leave it open to others to have their say, but Kerry might not be a bad shout for you.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 28 May 2011, 10:53 am

With the Cornish colours being black and white you could follow Sligo? Smile

Kerry are certainly a big team in the football. Are you interested in hurling as well? I don't think Kerry are that brilliant at hurling are they?

Is there a town near you twinned with any Irish ones?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 28 May 2011, 11:57 am

Unfortunately there aren't any towns in Cornwall twinned with Irish ones. SB my good man, look no further than county Meath, Not only are we Ireland's most beautiful county, we fit your description perfectly- we are a rural county with beautiful scenery (like this picture of the river boyne)-

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2500/3934565703_5214251f59.jpg

and the Meath countryside-

http://blackmadonna2009.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/meathlandscapejpg.jpg?w=300&h=225

http://cache.virtualtourist.com/3206237-Transportation-Trim.jpg

The royal county is also filled with history as the former seat of Ireland's ancient high kings- we proudly boast a number of historical sites such as the hill of tara, Brú na Bóinne which is also a world heritage site and the only Gaeltacht settlements in Leinster. We are a proud county with 7 senior football titles and 21 senior provincial titles, and we've produced some great players such as peter mcdermott, mick lyons, Colm o'rourke, graham geraghty, trevor giles, darren fay and Tommy Dowd. Meath are also known for their uncomprimising physical play, some others would call us a dirty side, but thats just jealousy or sour grapes.

We're obviously no where near as successful as county Kerry and we're minnows on the hurling scene, but Meath are a traditional name in Football with a proud and loyal fanbase who will come in droves to Croke park, especially against our biggest and oldest rivals from Dublin. We've also been involved in one of the greatest moments in the history of the game- the 1991 Leinster saga when Meath and Dublin were so evenly matched it took 4 hotly contested matches in the preliminary round (an unprecedented 3 replays) to seperate them. This contest captured the imagination of the entire country.

Hope you've been convinced SB, you can't go wrong with the royal county.....although I do fear for them this season......
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 28 May 2011, 1:09 pm

Meeeath boooooooooooooo! Wink tomato

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 28 May 2011, 5:52 pm

Sb,follow Cork.We are just awesome.Best at everything in the world.Especially at being cocky and full of ourselves!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 28 May 2011, 5:54 pm

Cari wrote:Meeeath boooooooooooooo! Wink tomato

Here you go wee bonnie lass, enjoy. OK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IhMhyxhgEQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6RiOXEPGas&feature=related

Meath won that particular saga with Dublin in 91 by the way, SB. And just for good measure-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJVw7Slt-24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn1L0zYcx74
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sat 28 May 2011, 5:56 pm

Seeing as IA hasn't came over from 606, I'll post this on his behalf;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn1L0zYcx74

meath isn't a bad shout.

except nobody likes them.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 28 May 2011, 5:57 pm

Thomond wrote:Sb,follow Cork.We are just awesome.Best at everything in the world.Especially at being cocky and full of ourselves!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL7027S1Qvs&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atTl2L47294

Whistle
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 28 May 2011, 5:58 pm

I've just posted that RB.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sat 28 May 2011, 6:17 pm

So you did.

I clicked the same link twice.

as for the 87, 88 finals especially, what a shower of cheats you are.

1990, the greatest championship in the history of the association had the dirty shower of cheats getting their comeuppance.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 28 May 2011, 6:26 pm

Cheats Laugh
As I said earlier, jelousy and sour grapes.
Sam went back to his rightful home in the royal county by 99.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sat 28 May 2011, 6:32 pm

No sir, they really were cheats. Subs tripping up players trying to take a kick from the sidelines. late hits, handy frees. the one t draw the 88 final was as soft as you will ever see. They knew they were cheats too.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sat 28 May 2011, 6:33 pm

99 I lost money and dignity. I feel wronged but I don't rightly know why.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 28 May 2011, 6:37 pm

Never seen any of that from what I've seen of those games. We always where a physical side, nothing wrong with that though, just down to everyone else to step up there game.

From what I've seen I actually prefer the 99 final, I feel I've missed out somewhat though, having not been exposed to the finer aspects of my Irish roots at that point in my life.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sat 28 May 2011, 6:41 pm

99 left me empty and with nothing really in particular to complain about. the 87-90 saga was bitter. very physical which caught us by surprise. That was fine. it was just all the sneaky stuff that still burns( Yep....still). As this summer goes on, everyone will see what I am like about all refs in any game, so when you do see it, you'll know why i practically self combusted in 88. Thomond will tell you I'm sure!!
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by SB Sun 29 May 2011, 10:56 am

Kerry it shall be I think Very Happy

What are London like in the grand scheme of things?
SB
SB

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 29 May 2011, 11:07 am

Seeing as I wasn't born back then,I'm going to make a comparison between the Meath of the 80's and the Kerry of today.Pack of cheating Kumquats!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Sun 29 May 2011, 11:40 am

Support Ireland's team, which is Dublin. If you have a chip on your shoulder about everything you would make a great Cork fan.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sun 29 May 2011, 12:57 pm

SB wrote:Kerry it shall be I think Very Happy

What are London like in the grand scheme of things?

London aren't great at gaelic football and middle/bottom of the road at Hurling. Their footballers are playing today against Mayo.

London need the support, but they are not rural.

DublinYNwA...You have used up your one life!!
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Sun 29 May 2011, 2:43 pm

Very Happy I was only joking, are you a mod on this site. Lunatic's running the asylum and all that.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sun 29 May 2011, 2:49 pm

A mod...me...no chance.

To ensure that doesn't happen, you must vote for Cari in the election thread.

It is too close for comfort at the minute.
I wouldn't be on any forum that would let me moderate it.

funny old game at croker today. Dubs against Joe dooley
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by sharky066 Sun 29 May 2011, 2:49 pm

in Hurling what team should I support
I'm form Kerry so football is done but hurling what is it lol

sharky066

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sun 29 May 2011, 3:02 pm

Kerry.
You don't have a choice in the matter.
Double bubble is not allowed!!!

RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by sharky066 Sun 29 May 2011, 3:08 pm

RebelBhoy wrote:Kerry.
You don't have a choice in the matter.
Double bubble is not allowed!!!

I can follow Cork I suppose in the Hurley game becaue I was born in Cork City

sharky066

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sun 29 May 2011, 3:19 pm

nope.....

one or the other.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by sharky066 Sun 29 May 2011, 6:39 pm

RebelBhoy wrote:nope.....

one or the other.
I will stay with Kerry for football and forget about hurling, we don't play hurling in Kerry lol

sharky066

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sun 29 May 2011, 6:45 pm

Kerry are in the final of the christy ring tournament next sunday at 4pm.

They are not that bad at all.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by sharky066 Sun 29 May 2011, 6:47 pm

RebelBhoy wrote:Kerry are in the final of the christy ring tournament next sunday at 4pm.

They are not that bad at all.
thats a shock, I have never seen the game played in Kerry

sharky066

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sun 29 May 2011, 6:52 pm

they play it after dark so nobody sees them doing it.

no, its played a fair bit in north kerry.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by sharky066 Sun 29 May 2011, 7:04 pm

RebelBhoy wrote:they play it after dark so nobody sees them doing it.

no, its played a fair bit in north kerry.
I lived in the middle of Kerry, so they might do up north lol

sharky066

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sun 29 May 2011, 7:10 pm

Aye that's right sharky, the dark arts are practiced in the north of the county away from the fitba crowd. Kerry also have an All-Ireland title in hurlin, they were champs way back when in 1891. Londain were hurling champs in 1901, one for the diaspora.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sharky066 Sun 29 May 2011, 7:13 pm

Yes I was at the Kerry win then. I live near the London ground for the GAA in west Ruislip

sharky066

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sun 29 May 2011, 7:19 pm

sharky066 wrote:Yes I was at the Kerry win then.

Hope you enjoyed yourself! Laugh
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sharky066 Sun 29 May 2011, 7:22 pm

I was also at two of Kerry's Football wins in Croke Park

sharky066

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 30 May 2011, 10:12 am

sharky066 wrote:Yes I was at the Kerry win then. I live near the London ground for the GAA in west Ruislip

captain Morgans in Greenford of a Sunday night....make it happen.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down