The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The v2 Wrestling Podcast 26th March - TNA, WWE and the Cruiserweights of the future

+6
VDT
Enforcer
TopoftheChops
Adam D
Hero
Dolphin Ziggler
10 posters

Go down

Who Picked the Best Four to Start a New Cruiserweight Division

The v2 Wrestling Podcast 26th March - TNA, WWE and the Cruiserweights of the future Vote_lcap32%The v2 Wrestling Podcast 26th March - TNA, WWE and the Cruiserweights of the future Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
The v2 Wrestling Podcast 26th March - TNA, WWE and the Cruiserweights of the future Vote_lcap26%The v2 Wrestling Podcast 26th March - TNA, WWE and the Cruiserweights of the future Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 5 ]
The v2 Wrestling Podcast 26th March - TNA, WWE and the Cruiserweights of the future Vote_lcap26%The v2 Wrestling Podcast 26th March - TNA, WWE and the Cruiserweights of the future Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 5 ]
The v2 Wrestling Podcast 26th March - TNA, WWE and the Cruiserweights of the future Vote_lcap16%The v2 Wrestling Podcast 26th March - TNA, WWE and the Cruiserweights of the future Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

The v2 Wrestling Podcast 26th March - TNA, WWE and the Cruiserweights of the future Empty The v2 Wrestling Podcast 26th March - TNA, WWE and the Cruiserweights of the future

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 Mar 2013, 2:07 pm

http://v2journal.com/17/post/2013/03/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-26th-march.html

Good day to you all and welcome to another edition of the V2 Wrestling Podcast.

This week we have a full compliment of four members, but no Pro-TNA superstar as Adam Davey is again forced away on other business.

This leaves us with a team of "Pretty Boy" Chris Wilkerson, Gavin "The Brain" Duenas, Richard "Hero" Hudson and Paul "Enforcer" Hinton.

But what is up for discussion this week?!

Trying a new format of a straight hour we stuck by our standard sections without the break. New segment "Hero's Headlines" recapped some of the news we had no time to discuss before we kicked off with 20 minutes of TNA chat.

TNA this week was based fully around the words of Bully Ray as the President of Aces and Eights explained his groups actions and the plan that was laid out before the final, big reveal. We talked about the impact of Bully on Impact, as well as the position of the major "faces" in TNA.

WWE delivered this week and we were ready to give credit where credit was due. This involved talk of The Rock and Cena's innovative final segment, 'Taker making his feud with Punk physical and even Fandango ramping up the intensity of his character ahead of a debut match at Wrestlemania against Y2J Chris Jericho. Triple H gets a little bit of a dressing down after he came out of retirement to start a feud based on his possible retirement and then this week telling everyone he did not care about his career being on the line. Way to get us involved in the feud Trips.

We finish the podcast by realising we were not keeping to our brand new one-hour time limit and carrying on regardless. Rock and roll! Our world famous discussion section lead us onto an Ask The Tart question about why the cruiserweight division was ended. Gav gives his thoughts before we discuss how we would begin a new cruiserweight division.

This leads us into a competition that YOU the listener can decide. We took it in turns to pick a name for our own cruiserweight division and our four man team will go up against the others in the quest for your votes. They must be WWE signed (to try and stop Hero's relentless brown nose of the Indy fans) and you could not pick a superstar already picked by another podcast member.

Paul - Daniel Bryan, Tyson Kidd, Evan Bourne, Xavier Woods
Gav - Adrian "PAC" Neville, Justin Gabriel, Yoshi Tatsu, Richie Steamboat
Hero - Sami Sane, Seth Rollins, Brad Maddox, Chris Jericho
Chris - Kofi Kingston, Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio, Ricardo Rodriguez

We also continue our Captain Competition - won last week by Dr Gregory House! Fan interaction and the V2 Wrestling Podcast go hand-in-hand like Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels.

http://v2journal.com/17/post/2013/03/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-26th-march.html

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast 26th March - TNA, WWE and the Cruiserweights of the future Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast 26th March - TNA, WWE and the Cruiserweights of the future

Post by Hero Wed 27 Mar 2013, 2:47 pm

Chris have you got your mum to vote?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast 26th March - TNA, WWE and the Cruiserweights of the future Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast 26th March - TNA, WWE and the Cruiserweights of the future

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 Mar 2013, 3:08 pm

My Mum voted for Paul. Not even Gavin will vote for Gav's group

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 27 Mar 2013, 3:11 pm

It was me. I did it for the Rock. (i did actually vote for him, the shame of it all)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Wed 27 Mar 2013, 3:41 pm

It might just be me but the podcast seems to have some interference

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 Mar 2013, 4:04 pm

Oh blooming heck, that'll teach me to not listen to it back straight away. I'll try fix it when I'm home

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 Mar 2013, 7:27 pm

Seems alright to me!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:26 pm

I only had a chance to listen to the first bit, but there was no sound interference on that.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:40 pm

Great show lads, entertaining as ever liked Heros Headlines very funny! Hard choice but I went for Team Enforcer!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:49 pm

VDT, you were like a brother to me! now you're nothing!!!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:54 pm

Enjoyed the show again lads, my vote goes for Gav's selection.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 27 Mar 2013, 9:13 pm

Hero wrote:VDT, you were like a brother to me! now you're nothing!!!

Ha!

You know what would be good? A 4 corners elimations tag match between them 4 teams!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 Mar 2013, 9:34 pm

NICK! We bonded over Lopez and you choose the vegan's team?!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 27 Mar 2013, 9:37 pm

You let me down with Kofi Kingston Chris, he is way too good to muck about with Cruiserweights!

However did love our bonding session over Spanish Dave!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:26 pm

VDT I always knew you were one of the more intelligent posters on here' it takes moments like these for the cream to rise to the top.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:36 pm

Chris has an absolute guff team, basically its two fat midgets, 1 midget who botches and a taller guy who's also known to botch.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:37 pm

Gone with Hero on this one.

Adding Jericho in there is a shrewd move, he would add some needed credibility to the division, booking him as the first champion would also add some prestige to the title and be a relatively big scalp when he eventually does the job for one of the younger guys.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:41 pm

I saw Bryan as the first champion with a strong upcoming face taking it off him and establishing themselves at the top of the division. Jericho and Christian would be used for feuds just below the title, or to put the champ over.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:46 pm

Hero is only in it for the smarks, if you arent a fully fledged IWC member he doesnt want your vote anyway!

I'd have the Mysterio v Sin Cara feud, Luchador classic and Mania worthy feud

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:48 pm

See I agree with what you're saying there Big E but in your foursome who does DB hand it over to? The two guys who spend most of their time on the treatment table? Or the guy who was most famous for being Jay Lethal's tag partner in a short lived team in TNA?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:49 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:Hero is only in it for the smarks, if you arent a fully fledged IWC member he doesnt want your vote anyway!

I'd have the Mysterio v Sin Cara feud, Luchador classic and Mania worthy feud

It's like 2/7ths of a Snow White movie, flabby and botchy the two forgotten dwarves.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:58 pm

I don't think it should be underestimated how huge a match Mysterio vs Sin Cara will be amongst mexicans and hispanics, WWE will make that match happen before Mysterio retires.

I went for Gav as I admire a man who picks his jobber.

Enjoyed the show this week, Hero's Headlines was both amazing and crap in equal measure, Degeneration Ass Laugh

Speaking for me personally, I prefered the three part podcasts, it made it easier to negotiate the show if you were listening to it in more than one place, but that was only a minor inconvinience.

Thank You for picking me in the caption competition, I appreciate all the hard thinking that went into that decision Wink

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:04 pm

I didn't even bother to rip apart Gavs as I felt pity for it, one of the big issues for a crusierweight division is that despite their in ring talent guys often can't hold a mic well Gav's gone for 3 guys that need subtitles and what seems a mute in Richie Steamboat, look forward to the promos there.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:40 pm

You went Mod on me and edited "El Generico" into it! You are such a sad smark Hero!

Podcast listeners, I call on you all to vote against Hero. A vote against Hero is a vote against Smarkgasms and the power of the IWC!

I win this on handicap anyway, I had to pick last and would have gone with R Truth and Christian if I knew they were within limits. And other excuses!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 28 Mar 2013, 12:04 am

I was evening the playing field being that it was considered okay to be called Adrian 'PAC' Neville on Gav's picks!

Podcast listeners, forum users, I call on you to vote for me, your Hero.
A vote for Hero is a vote for justice, a vote for empowerment, a vote for your future!
And it may result in a Hero Holla at some point, if that's not an incentive then I don't know what is!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 28 Mar 2013, 10:23 am

Good show again. I think Enforcer's has chosen the best crop of cruiserweights. Sounds like WWE may have been listening to the podcast, since Tons of Funks/Funkadactlys vs Rhodes Scholars/Bellas was added toi the Wrestlemania card last night.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 28 Mar 2013, 10:51 am

Enforcer was also known as "Big E" in his efed days - so maybe they are following what he does!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 28 Mar 2013, 11:33 am

Nickleback entrance music?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 28 Mar 2013, 11:36 am

If only.

Big Es entrance was the greatest ever until Aces and 8s came along.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 28 Mar 2013, 12:36 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:Good show again. I think Enforcer's has chosen the best crop of cruiserweights. Sounds like WWE may have been listening to the podcast, since Tons of Funks/Funkadactlys vs Rhodes Scholars/Bellas was added toi the Wrestlemania card last night.

Have they? They could have done RS vs NAO or Cody v Goldust but instead we got this four way. I will enjoy it for the entrance music alone I suppose

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 28 Mar 2013, 12:52 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:Good show again. I think Enforcer's has chosen the best crop of cruiserweights. Sounds like WWE may have been listening to the podcast, since Tons of Funks/Funkadactlys vs Rhodes Scholars/Bellas was added toi the Wrestlemania card last night.

Woah Woah Woah! Hang on a second, when did we stop calling them Fat Jobbers?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 28 Mar 2013, 1:04 pm

I call them Chunks of Funk!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 28 Mar 2013, 3:18 pm

I'm just toeing the official WWE party line, as Tons of Funks is what they'll be known as from now on.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 28 Mar 2013, 3:43 pm

Im being crushed in this competition, I've become the Adam of the podcast

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 28 Mar 2013, 3:51 pm

And I voted for you!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 28 Mar 2013, 4:07 pm

That all but confirms it!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down