The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiger swing to last a career, or not?

+14
LondonJonnyO
Maverick
oldparwin
Doc
Rossa
Shotrock
navyblueshorts
drive4show
Redrage
Lairdy
Noshankingtonite
Davie
super_realist
McLaren
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tiger swing to last a career, or not? - Page 2 Empty Tiger swing to last a career, or not?

Post by McLaren Tue 03 May 2011, 4:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

I just watched this video of Tiger and Butch on a golf channel show that must be at least 10-11 years old. They discuss the changes tiger made to his swing in 1997-99. Seems it was to build a swing that would last a career. So what went wrong and made him have to change the swing that was supposed to last a career?

Tiger stated in the video that he knew even after the 1997 masters win that he would need to change his swing as it relied to much on chance when it came to a repeatable accurate swing that could be used under pressure. It makes sense and this clearly illustrates what the changes were and the results from 1999-2008 clearly show they were the right thing to do. Even during the period from 2002 to 2009 he made small changed to his swing but now he has gone and changed the whole thing, for the time being not for the good of his game.

Was it injury or did he somehow become unable to implement the mechanics of it? It seems from he stated in the video that all the changes in 1998 reduced the impact and energy of his swing, and therefore the forces on his body. This is why I know think it seems strange that he would change again instead of recapturing what clearly worked so well during the greatest spell of golf anyone has ever enjoyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50uj4WzKQrA&feature=related
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Tiger swing to last a career, or not? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tiger swing to last a career, or not?

Post by graeme Fri 13 May 2011, 10:30 pm

ACL surgery takes a loooong time to recover from. good luck mav and if you want a moan about it, let me know. you need to re-learn how to walk afterwards. one tip - cycling. especially if you have an exercise bike. virtually zero stress. if you don't like needles, you won't mind them after this. they draw the fluid off for seemingly weeks with something that you could fire munitions down!

good luck!

graeme

Back to top Go down

Tiger swing to last a career, or not? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tiger swing to last a career, or not?

Post by Maverick Sat 14 May 2011, 6:54 am

graeme wrote:ACL surgery takes a loooong time to recover from. good luck mav and if you want a moan about it, let me know. you need to re-learn how to walk afterwards. one tip - cycling. especially if you have an exercise bike. virtually zero stress. if you don't like needles, you won't mind them after this. they draw the fluid off for seemingly weeks with something that you could fire munitions down!

good luck!

thumbsup Cheers Graeme i'll keep that in mind, have been spending sometime with a sports physio and one of the PT's at my gym, not doing any work of course as I physically can't but been gaining insight into whats required for recovery, and between them have devised a strategy to rebuild the knee afterwards, have to rebuild my swing to as the pressure on my left knee with my current action is too much, so am looking into that at the moment too, but no issue with needles thank god as been warned about the amount my knee will receive, sadistic Docters. But as you say many a hour will be on the bike not the treadmill

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2