The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deleted

5 posters

Go down

Deleted Empty Deleted

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 02 Feb 2011, 4:17 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Deleted Empty Agreed

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 15 Feb 2011, 4:20 pm

Not a bad idea. His early Ko was due to a body shot, and aiming for his head hasnt done much. But aiming for a liver shot, could be counter productive, leaving himself open to the right hook which pac is particularly good at. He wont KO mosely but might force a stoppage.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Deleted Empty Re: Deleted

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Feb 2011, 4:50 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 15 Feb 2011, 6:43 pm

The only way for SSM to beat Pac is if Pac tires and collapses from hitting SSM too often. This is a disgrace of a fight and should never be sanctioned. More evidence of Pac's fraudulent management team.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Feb 2011, 10:53 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 10:53 am

I suggest you look at the fight again if you think Floyd was hanging on for dear life. The first round was a feeler. When those 2 punches landed, Floyd was stunned. Who wouldn't be stunned anyway? If that was landed on Manny, we would still be scraping him off the floor. He was stunned, held on momentarily, eluded the follow up onslaught and by the end of the round, was bossing it.

Floyd is not 2 years older, slower and not as good. He may have a big punch and a solid chin, but that means he will take a beating for longer.

IMO, when Floyd and manny fight it will be a very easy night for Floyd. Manny is made for him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Deleted Empty mosley manny

Post by Youarethegreatest Wed 16 Feb 2011, 11:21 am

The 1st round of mosley floyd was a nothing round, in the 2nd round mosley had a good 45 secs other than that Floyd walked down a known knock out artist and boxed his head off. Mosley was holding on in the end or he would have been stoopped.
-
Im not sure just looking to a feft hook to the body is wise, Manny as we know is a pattern fighter. Mosley has amazing power but average boxing skills so Im not sure he could time or counter manny as this is the key to beating manny

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 11:46 am

Youarethegreatest wrote:The 1st round of mosley floyd was a nothing round, in the 2nd round mosley had a good 45 secs other than that Floyd walked down a known knock out artist and boxed his head off. Mosley was holding on in the end or he would have been stoopped.
-
Im not sure just looking to a feft hook to the body is wise, Manny as we know is a pattern fighter. Mosley has amazing power but average boxing skills so Im not sure he could time or counter manny as this is the key to beating manny

SSM's boxing skills are below average now. He had fast hands when younger but average footwork. He boxed without fluidity but his hand speed made up for it. Now his hands have slowed, his timing is shot and his footwork needed to land his bombs has gone awaol

Yes he can land a "lucky" punch and ko Pac, but I cant see it happening.

Does anyone know what sort of roid tests are being taken?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:07 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Deleted Empty Does anyone know what sort of roid tests are being taken?[/code]

Post by Youarethegreatest Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:11 pm

Not as stringent as we'd like. So in theory they're both free to ped themselves up Very Happy

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:16 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:17 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Does anyone know what sort of roid tests are being taken?[/code]

WADA standard tests carried out by NSAC and using the WADA prohibited list. NSAC anti-doping has caught more boxing cheats than any other commission and routinely catch cheats.

NSAC also has the power to test outside competition and has ordered tests from boxers in this scenario before.

Didn't SSM pass all tests when he admitted taking roids? Obviously in view of that, there is a problem with the type of tests taken by boxers. Blood tests are the way forward. Some roids can leave the system up to a week before a major event with the athlete having the full benefit of the roids taken. The only way to prevent athletes from having an unfair advantake is to have full blood tests up to the night of the fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:20 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:I suggest you look at the fight again if you think Floyd was hanging on for dear life. The first round was a feeler. When those 2 punches landed, Floyd was stunned. Who wouldn't be stunned anyway? If that was landed on Manny, we would still be scraping him off the floor. He was stunned, held on momentarily, eluded the follow up onslaught and by the end of the round, was bossing it.

Floyd is not 2 years older, slower and not as good. He may have a big punch and a solid chin, but that means he will take a beating for longer.

IMO, when Floyd and manny fight it will be a very easy night for Floyd. Manny is made for him.

SSM's boxing skills are below average now. He had fast hands when younger but average footwork. He boxed without fluidity but his hand speed made up for it. Now his hands have slowed, his timing is shot and his footwork needed to land his bombs has gone awaol

Yes he can land a "lucky" punch and ko Pac, but I cant see it happening.

Not sure what you are saying here, on one hand you say if Mosley lands a big shot on Pacquiao they will need to scrape him of the floor and then you only give Mosley a punchers chance and Pacquiao should win. Do you think Pacquiao's defense is better than Mayweather's and Mosley won't be able to land any significant punch?

For me Pacquiao game is more open due to him being an attacking fighting who goes for the KO and this will give Mosley plenty of chances to land his money punches. Which makes it a dangerous fight for Pacquiao.

Margarito landed 229 punches on Pacquiao and Mosley has better timing than Marg and faster hands, Mosley has also a history of late KOs so Manny has to weary throughout the fight and can't let Mosley of the hook like he did Margarito.

Floyd has the best defence in boxing. But at any given time, with a laspe in concentration any boxer can land a punch thrown. I wouldn't call it lucky in that SSM meant to throw the punch and it landed. What I am saying is that if the punch with the same power landed on Pac, he would be out, PEDs or not.

SSM is finished. That is what I am saying. An easy night for Pac.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:28 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:06 am; edited 2 times in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:36 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:37 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
Does anyone know what sort of roid tests are being taken?[/code]

WADA standard tests carried out by NSAC and using the WADA prohibited list. NSAC anti-doping has caught more boxing cheats than any other commission and routinely catch cheats.

NSAC also has the power to test outside competition and has ordered tests from boxers in this scenario before.

Didn't SSM pass all tests when he admitted taking roids? Obviously in view of that, there is a problem with the type of tests taken by boxers. Blood tests are the way forward. Some roids can leave the system up to a week before a major event with the athlete having the full benefit of the roids taken. The only way to prevent athletes from having an unfair advantake is to have full blood tests up to the night of the fight.

Those tests were over 10 years ago, NSAC have made significance improvement to anti-doping and now used the WADA list and testing procedures.

Lets remember Marion Jones and other were not getting caught as well using blood tests. Through urine and saliva testing they can detect all PEDs that blood testing can detect apart from HGH and EPO. There is a urine test for HGH in the pipeline and HGH needs to be used with steroids to be effective and EPO needs to be tested over a long an sustained period of time so it would be pointless for one fight.

Urine and saliva tests are not as effective as blood tests. If you are testing for something strange, usine may not detect it. Chambers did nt take blood tests when using TGH. Blood tests would have detected it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:38 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Floyd has the best defence in boxing. But at any given time, with a laspe in concentration any boxer can land a punch thrown. I wouldn't call it lucky in that SSM meant to throw the punch and it landed. What I am saying is that if the punch with the same power landed on Pac, he would be out, PEDs or not.

SSM is finished. That is what I am saying. An easy night for Pac.

Come on everybody,

What is the last thing for a boxer to lose?

His punch!

Big George is a prime example.

Pacquiao has proved he has a great chine, see the Cotto fight, walked through bombs, and that why Mosley should go to the body where Pacquiao seem more vulnerable.

Pacquiao style will give Mosley plenty of chances to land and Mosley will take them, Pacquiao has to make Mosley respect his power early on and make him pay for trying to land the big punches.

I do agree Pacquiao will have too much for Mosley in power, speed, movement and skill and could well stop in the second half of the fight, the first time Mosley will ever be stopped.

If your timing is shot, it doesn't matter if you are carrying a sledgehammer or loaded gloves. SSM has lost his mojo.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:46 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:53 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Wed 16 Feb 2011, 1:02 pm

Lets remember Marion Jones and other were not getting caught as well using blood tests. Through urine and saliva testing they can detect all PEDs that blood testing can detect apart from HGH and EPO. There is a urine test for HGH in the pipeline and HGH needs to be used with steroids to be effective and EPO needs to be tested over a long an sustained period of time so it would be pointless for one fight.
-
It's a start though, you curiously seem to be against this. Im sure you are now aware of blood doping, I believe RANDOM blood testing is the way.Not just for manny but for every boxer

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 16 Feb 2011, 1:08 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 1:17 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:I don't think Mosley timing is out, he has not shown this is previous fights. He struggled with Mayweather and Mora, but he has never done well against defensive fighters, Winky, or fighters with a good jab, Forrest.

Manny is not a jabber or is a defensive fighter, Mosley will not have to look for Manny. Mosley is still a skilled boxer, I only question his condition and weather he can keep pace with Manny. But this will not become apparent until maybe the 5th round, which could make the first half of the fight very exciting and dangerous for Manny. But if Mosley has not made his mark by then, I think Manny will take over the fight and put the hurt on stopping around the 8th or 9th round.

of course you wouldn't think SSM's timing is out. You are trying to convince some here that this fight in some way is between a battles of near equals. It isn't. There are about 10 welters who would hand SSM his rear end. His timing is out. No footwork whatsoever. Yes he has a howitzer of a punch and that may land, but I doubt it. No timing, no ko punch unless Pac leaves his chin out to dry and forgets to block or parry a punch.

This is a co contest of a fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 1:19 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:http://www.boxingscene.com/mosley-if-margarito-able-hit-pacquiao-i--36004

"I certainly think that I'm faster than Margarito. Margarito was able to land some shots. He is two or three times slower than I am. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to land some shots on Manny Pacquiao," Mosley said. "I'm going to start training on March 7, which is going to give me two months to prepare for the fight, so I'll be ready

"Styles make fights. Mayweather is a very defensive fighter. Mora is a much bigger guy. He's really a middleweight who came down to 154. He was running and being defensive. Pacquiao is going to come to fight and I do well against fighters like that. I expect an exciting fight," Mosley said.

What Mosley says is true, Mosley is likely to out weigh Pacquiao in the ring by a stone as well, Pacquiao cannot afford to get hit by Shane too many times.

Well you would hardly expect SSM to say he is slower and not as good as Pac and that he will lose would you? What was Fraudley saying prior to the Haye debacle?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 1:20 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Youarethegreatest

That is EPO and it needs to be tested for over a extended period of time, tests for one fight would not prove anything.

If NSAC are so bad how come the catch cheat after cheat year after year?

Of course it would. There would be abnormalities if tested against previous tests.

maybe because boxing is a clean(ish) sport that there aren't many cheaters?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 16 Feb 2011, 1:25 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 16 Feb 2011, 1:29 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 1:45 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:I don't think Mosley timing is out, he has not shown this is previous fights. He struggled with Mayweather and Mora, but he has never done well against defensive fighters, Winky, or fighters with a good jab, Forrest.

Manny is not a jabber or is a defensive fighter, Mosley will not have to look for Manny. Mosley is still a skilled boxer, I only question his condition and weather he can keep pace with Manny. But this will not become apparent until maybe the 5th round, which could make the first half of the fight very exciting and dangerous for Manny. But if Mosley has not made his mark by then, I think Manny will take over the fight and put the hurt on stopping around the 8th or 9th round.

of course you wouldn't think SSM's timing is out. You are trying to convince some here that this fight in some way is between a battles of near equals. It isn't. There are about 10 welters who would hand SSM his rear end. His timing is out. No footwork whatsoever. Yes he has a howitzer of a punch and that may land, but I doubt it. No timing, no ko punch unless Pac leaves his chin out to dry and forgets to block or parry a punch.

This is a co contest of a fight.

Can you name me these 10 welter that would beat Shane now?

I could add 3 LWW to the 10 also. But what's the point? You know what I'm saying. SSM is shot and way past it. He was shot when Floyd schooled, when Mora drew with him (Mora!!!!! FFS who the F is Mora other than a reality TV boxer?)

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 16 Feb 2011, 1:57 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:06 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
I could add 3 LWW to the 10 also. But what's the point? You know what I'm saying. SSM is shot and way past it. He was shot when Floyd schooled, when Mora drew with him (Mora!!!!! FFS who the F is Mora other than a reality TV boxer?)

So who are these boxers? Can't take too long to jot them down.

Floyd took control of the fight after the 2nd round against Mosley, Mosley did look sluggish and tense like the occasion got to him. He had been out of the ring for 17 months and had been training for fights that fell through for 5 months, these factor could have all played apart in Shane's performance.

Shane does struggle with defensive fighter, he likes fighter than throw a lot of punches and Pacquiao is that type of fighter.

Mora is 6ft tall and middleweight and a defensive fighter. He beat Forrest, which is a great win. And many thought Shane won that fight, was the more active and landed a lot more shots than Mora.

Dont be such a pedant. What I'm saying is that SSM is not that good anymore. But I would say that anyone in the top 10 WW would beat SSM and include Bradley and Alexander and probably Maidana. He wasn't that good when Cotto beat him and its been downhill from there. The Marg fight is an anomoly given Marg's frame of mind after the change of gloves. FFS, mayorga nearly beat him.

Yes styles make fights and a slow plodding SSM is suited to an offensive fighter like Pac.

Even Khan takes SSM to the cleaners.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:09 pm

Even Kell Brook would beat SSM. That's how highly I rate SSM.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:12 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:15 pm

Even Khan takes SSM to the cleaners.

hmm not sure about azania. khan's physical advantages wont come into pley here.

Jinkee(D4th) you should stop trying to convince everyone that this is a competitive fight. I give mosley a 10% chance

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:33 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:So I'll take that as there are not ten welters that can beat Mosley.

Mosley is past his best but still carries a threat, he does not have the best footwork but he does have great hand speed and power. He will be the biggest puncher that Manny has ever faced and Manny's style will give him plenty of opportunity.

Mosley should concentrate his attack on Manny's body, a bigger target and Manny is more vulnerable there. This will leave Mosley more open and will have to hope his iron chin holds up to Manny's power. This has the makings of a very exciting fight.

A quick perusal thru the Ring top 10 places SSM at 5. I dont think he deserves to be in there. The SSM that fought Floyd would beat manny. 2 years later and a lot slower.....he has no chance. In theory he should concentrate on throwing punches andwhere on Manny. In practive the body will not be able to execute what the mind wants.

Spin it how you like, this is a total mismatch. Was SSM good enough when he fought Floyd?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:34 pm

Youarethegreatest wrote:Even Khan takes SSM to the cleaners.

hmm not sure about azania. khan's physical advantages wont come into pley here.

Jinkee(D4th) you should stop trying to convince everyone that this is a competitive fight. I give mosley a 10% chance

Khan's speed will negate anything SSM has to offer. And the fight wont have to be at catchweight either. :lol:

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:39 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:41 pm

Its not as bad as a fight as many are saying in my opinion, It isn't ideal and wouldn't be my choice, with Mayweather reluctant, Cotto already beaten and Berto would be cannon fodder, other than Marquez I'd say Shane is not a terrible choice. Manny just has to beat Mayweathers performance against him, which is going to be difficult as it was a clinic.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:43 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Two years later?

When do you actually think Mosley vs Mayweather happened?

Mosley will have a decent training camp against Pacquiao and will not have 17 months of ring rust on him. I expect a better Mosley than the one that Mayweather faced.

Pacquiao has to box smart and not get dragged into a war and watch for the body shot, can afford to go to the ropes like he did against Margarito and Cotto.

My apologies. a year later. SSM is a year older also. Much slower and less gas. Not even a close contest. If you are referring to SSM 5 years ago then your points would be valid. But he has aged....not getting better or more skilled. In theory Pac is suited to SSM. Now, any top 10 WW would beat him and include Kell Brooks also.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:46 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:59 pm

Do you think Manny could stop Mosley?

Dont know whether you can remember me off the old BBC 606 a couple of years back D4 but I've got an awful record in fight predictions. But I'd say so, maybes not a knockout but I can see Shane being pulled out in similar fashion to Oscar, I just feel Manny has too much firepower, speed and overall form going into the fight, first 4 rounds might be tasty after that I can see one way traffic.

Look forward to it all the same, even Mayweather fans must concede whoever Pacquiao fight its always fun.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 3:01 pm

Rodney wrote:Its not as bad as a fight as many are saying in my opinion, It isn't ideal and wouldn't be my choice, with Mayweather reluctant, Cotto already beaten and Berto would be cannon fodder, other than Marquez I'd say Shane is not a terrible choice. Manny just has to beat Mayweathers performance against him, which is going to be difficult as it was a clinic.

Cheers

Rodders

Come off it. SSM is just a name and nothing more. How is someone who got schooled in one World title shot, got a lucky draw against a reality TV boxer suddenly worthy of a shot against Pac. SSM is a marquee name and thats the only reason.

Yes Pac would probably beat berto, but at least he would be more worthy.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 3:03 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Rodney

Spot on, I think it will be a good fight for the viewer with both of them being attacking power punchers. Marquez has the style to cause Pacquiao problems and they no each others game well. But Pacquiao has improved a lot since there last meeting but it is still a fight I would want to see.

Do you think Manny could stop Mosley?

Marquez has also improved. Why is pac ducking berto, Marquez, Bradley and Floyd?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Wed 16 Feb 2011, 3:03 pm

Mosley will have a decent training camp against Pacquiao and will not have 17 months of ring rust on him. I expect a better Mosley than the one that Mayweather faced.
--
d4th, Answer me this was Mosley rusty against Mora? how good did he look there? You cant blame ring rust against floyd.
I want manny to face young live guys - I dont care if you all think he'd win but I'd credit him a lot more if he faced Berto, Cinton, Saul Alvarez, Bradley, EVEN collazo!!

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 3:04 pm

Rodney wrote:Do you think Manny could stop Mosley?

Dont know whether you can remember me off the old BBC 606 a couple of years back D4 but I've got an awful record in fight predictions. But I'd say so, maybes not a knockout but I can see Shane being pulled out in similar fashion to Oscar, I just feel Manny has too much firepower, speed and overall form going into the fight, first 4 rounds might be tasty after that I can see one way traffic.

Look forward to it all the same, even Mayweather fans must concede whoever Pacquiao fight its always fun.

Cheers

Rodders

Pac is a very exciting fighter. More so that Floyd. But Floyd beats him 99 times out of 100 imo. To much guile. Floyd is a far superior boxer to Marquez with a much better chin and more power.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 16 Feb 2011, 3:09 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 24 May 2011, 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 16 Feb 2011, 3:10 pm

Pac is a very exciting fighter. More so that Floyd. But Floyd beats him 99 times out of 100 imo. To much guile. Floyd is a far superior boxer to Marquez with a much better chin and more power

Hi Azania

Floyd is a completely different fighter to Marquez, so making comparisons like that is always difficult to assess. Mosley had massive problems with Forrest, Vernon had massive problems with Mayorga, sometimes fighters have bogeymen, maybes Marquez is Manny's.

Its a very bold opinion that you're so sure Mayweather would beat him so convincely. its a 50-50 fight IMO and would couldn't split them both terrific fighters, just a shame many internet fans call either duckers and all that nonsense. Fail to see who Pacquiao has ducked?

Thanks

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 16 Feb 2011, 3:12 pm

Well thanks D4 the calibre of 606 surely wasn't that bad for me to get your vote mate was it? Cheers mate, were you using a different username when I was posting on 606 a couple of years back.

Thanks

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 3:14 pm

Rodney wrote:Pac is a very exciting fighter. More so that Floyd. But Floyd beats him 99 times out of 100 imo. To much guile. Floyd is a far superior boxer to Marquez with a much better chin and more power

Hi Azania

Floyd is a completely different fighter to Marquez, so making comparisons like that is always difficult to assess. Mosley had massive problems with Forrest, Vernon had massive problems with Mayorga, sometimes fighters have bogeymen, maybes Marquez is Manny's.

Its a very bold opinion that you're so sure Mayweather would beat him so convincely. its a 50-50 fight IMO and would couldn't split them both terrific fighters, just a shame many internet fans call either duckers and all that nonsense. Fail to see who Pacquiao has ducked?

Thanks

Rodders

Marquez is a counter puncher. Floyd is a CP supreme. His check hook against Hatton is a joy to watch. I reckon for the first 3-4 rounds it would be close. But after that, Floyd absolutely destroys Pac. Much like Floyd and that boxer who died in a motor-bike accident (forget his name --sorry) but slower.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 16 Feb 2011, 3:18 pm

Floyd absolutely destroys Pac. Much like Floyd and that boxer who died in a motor-bike accident (forget his name --sorry) but slower.

Corralles. God bless Diego, but Manny is in a different league to him, I have no argument you picking Floyd as it will be a pick'em IMO, but I feel you maybe letting your heart as fan rule your head if you think Mayweather destroys Pacquiao, I feel Manny has a style to take places Floyd hasn't been before. Unfortunately I doubt we'll find out.

Thanks very much Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 Feb 2011, 3:26 pm

Rodney wrote: Floyd absolutely destroys Pac. Much like Floyd and that boxer who died in a motor-bike accident (forget his name --sorry) but slower.

Corralles. God bless Diego, but Manny is in a different league to him, I have no argument you picking Floyd as it will be a pick'em IMO, but I feel you maybe letting your heart as fan rule your head if you think Mayweather destroys Pacquiao, I feel Manny has a style to take places Floyd hasn't been before. Unfortunately I doubt we'll find out.

Thanks very much Rodders

I'm no Floyd fanbot. Its just that he is technically a superior to Pac and Pac is ideally suited for Floyd. Pac is fact, but Floyd is fasted. The Corralles fight was also a pick em before Floyd destroyed him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down