The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

if you could have a player who would it be

+31
GunsGerms
LondonTiger
Rinsure
dragonbreath
LordDowlais
BamBam
100%beefy
t1000advancedprototype
thebluesmancometh
aucklandlaurie
IanBru
flyhalffactory
ChequeredJersey
maestegmafia
majesticimperialman
Geordie
RuggerRadge2611
rodders
Liam
Taffineastbourne
R!skysports
Artful_Dodger
SecretFly
kingjohn7
bluestonevedder
Cardiff Taffy
bedfordwelsh
offload
bsando
Cyril
welshboii15
35 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

if you could have a player who would it be Empty if you could have a player who would it be

Post by welshboii15 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:10 am

If you could have one player from any of the countries in the 6 nations who would it be and why?

Mine would be Fofana because he would bring something different to the welsh back line something we haven't got

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

if you could have a player who would it be Empty Re: if you could have a player who would it be

Post by Cyril Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:18 am

If Morgan continues to struggle with injuries/being a bit podgy it would be nice to have Picamoles for England.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

if you could have a player who would it be Empty Re: if you could have a player who would it be

Post by bsando Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:19 am

Tipuric!

So we have two world class 7's and Brown could play where he's supposed to play.. at 6!!!

It would also be great to have BOD (10 years younger that is) playing at 13 for Scotland with Scott at 12.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:19 am

Parrise or Picamoles. Faletau is good but they are better - much better.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:33 am

offload wrote:Parrise or Picamoles. Faletau is good but they are better - much better.

Picamoles is 27 with 54 caps

Parisse is 29 with 95 caps

Toby Faletau is still only 22 with 26 caps I would much rather stick with him, if there was one player out there currently I would pick it would be Conrad Smith.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:38 am

Yea but Conrad smith isn't currently playing in 6 nations

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Taffy Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:43 am

Dan Cole...be good to have a decent understudy for Adam. He can't go on forever.

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:43 am

For England I'd go for an openside.

Probably Hooper or Pocock. Loved Hooper's style of play during the November internationals, and Pocock is just a beast.

Conrad Smith for England would be a great shout.

Etzebeth in the second row would be nice too

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:44 am

Edit: sorry, didn't read the OP properly! From a Six Nations team, I'd take Tipuric or Rennie as my 7.

Evans in the second row is very close to call too

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:47 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:
offload wrote:Parrise or Picamoles. Faletau is good but they are better - much better.

Toby Faletau is still only 22 with 26 caps I would much rather stick with him, if there was one player out there currently I would pick it would be Conrad Smith.

Fair point Bedford - but I'd still take one of them and have Toby as a great understudy for a few seasons. We need more competition at 8. As for Conrad, I've long considered him to be the worlds best centre but he's not 6N.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:48 am

It be to easy if I had said the rest the world because same people would pop up, carter, McCaw, Conrad smith, the beast etc

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:51 am

Fofana

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:55 am

Adam Jones.... and as his back up, Steve Walsh

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:58 am

There's always someone to turn a decent post into a mess

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:59 am

Probably Adam Jones for me as well.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:02 am

Zebo for my Scottish team

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:04 am

Fofana

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:13 am

offload wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Fair point Bedford - but I'd still take one of them and have Toby as a great understudy for a few seasons. We need more competition at 8. As for Conrad, I've long considered him to be the worlds best centre but he's not 6N.

Doh, not to self read post correctly did't spot the 6 Nations bit in that case Fofana
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:17 am

welshboii15 wrote:There's always someone to turn a decent post into a mess

Oh you want it straight again, welshboii? Without the 'mirth' nonsense at the end?

Adam Jones.

That's the serious bit.

Told you before, concentrate on the serious bit and leave the rubbish extra bits to me Wink They won't be stopping anytime soon.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:18 am

Danny Care for Wales, when on form there's not many better and would give great service to our backs.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:25 am

I like the idea of Danny care plus phillpot is getting on a bit now

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:40 am

Ireland:

Parisse for sure ...wait Halfpenny...hang on Tipuric maybe...I mean Adam Jones.... no Warburton... or maybe Tuilagi... Fofana...Mike Phillips... George North ... Jamie Roberts ....

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:41 am

For me it would be JD2. A Scott and JD2 combo could be quite potent.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:47 am

welshboii15 wrote:I like the idea of Danny care plus phillpot is getting on a bit now

Erm I'd say. And he's got a life sentence to deal with first. Might be well past it when he gets out!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:50 am

From an England perspective...

Im just not sure. Yes...some more bulk and attitude in the second row (Jim Hamilton) or a rampaging 8 (Parisse, Piccamoles)....but i feel despite the 6n finale we have these type of players not far away coming through in the clubs....

And whilst Farrell has his abilities and Burns looks a serious prospect...personally id go for Sexton at the moment. A real quality 10.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 04 Apr 2013, 12:38 pm

From an England fan. To be honest i cannot think of any one from another club/country i would like.

May be Fofana, just to liven up the centre play. But i dont think we are that bad off.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:00 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:From an England fan. To be honest i cannot think of any one from another club/country i would like.

May be Fofana, just to liven up the centre play. But i dont think we are that bad off.

Try harder...there's always one. You don't have to sign him or drop an English player, it's just a game Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:10 pm

To be fair the England side has alot of depth but very little proven international experience so who knows if their going be good internationals so IMO could do with so proven wingers

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:34 pm

welshboii15 wrote:To be fair the England side has alot of depth but very little proven international experience so who knows if their going be good internationals so IMO could do with so proven wingers

You could be right there. England could do with a couple of good wingers. (Mike Brown IS NOT A WINGER) A proven fact.

Who would you recomend?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:43 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:For me it would be JD2. A Scott and JD2 combo could be quite potent.

Lets hope Scott gets on the tour, I would really like to see that combo.

For me Fofana would grace any team as a centre, the guys is a pleasure to watch.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:47 pm

I'd take North, or Bowe or anyone who is an INT quality wing to play opposite Wade
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:48 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:
welshboii15 wrote:To be fair the England side has alot of depth but very little proven international experience so who knows if their going be good internationals so IMO could do with so proven wingers

You could be right there. England could do with a couple of good wingers. (Mike Brown IS NOT A WINGER) [b]A proven fact[/b].

Who would you recomend?

Mike Brown is a left winger for England, the rugby world and his mother watched him live coming out and playing for England and on the wing so I think you are quite incorrect when you said its a proven fact...... Tumbleweed

6Ns Metres made

Matches played / Metres made
1 Alex Goode England 5 387
2 Louis Picamoles France 5 351
3 Mike Brown England 5 347
4 Stuart Hogg Scotland 5 336
5 Yoann Huget France 5 288

Clean breaks
Players Team Matches Clean breaks
1 Mike Brown England 5 5
1 Alex Cuthbert Wales 5 5
1 Louis Picamoles France 5 5
4 George North Wales 5 4
4 Giovanbattista Venditti Italy 5 4

That's Mr Brown 1st and 3rd in the player rankings...... I do believe he was a tad unlucky on three occasions not to touchdown for a try

Ahem back onto the thread

I would like George North to play outside centre playing off the shoulder of Matty Scott

flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:49 pm

To be fair on Ashton I understand he's on a bad run of form but he's all England have to refer back to so I think a trip to Argentina will do him good, but also not trying turn a talented full back into a winger isn't the right option so Wade, Tom Varndell, Charlie sharples, May or Daly just a number of players who can play wing. Give them a chance not just one or two games here or there they need to be given a solid chance because their all cutting the AP up

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:51 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:

You could be right there. England could do with a couple of good wingers. (Mike Brown IS NOT A WINGER) [b]A proven fact[/b].

Who would you recomend?

Mike Brown is a left winger for England, the rugby world and his mother watched him live coming out and playing for England and on the wing so I think you are quite incorrect when you said its a proven fact...... Tumbleweed

6Ns Metres made

Clean breaks
1 Mike Brown England 5 5
4 George North Wales 5 4

That's Mr Brown 1st and 3rd in the player rankings...... I do believe he was a tad unlucky on three occasions not to touchdown for a try

I would like George North to play outside centre playing off the shoulder of Matty Scott

Think what he would have done if he'd been playing in position!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:56 pm

Browns an out standing player that will do damage any where he plays but they (England) iver need give brown a chance at full back which is the least he deserves and give wingers a chance or keep playing there and get foden back in the side

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:07 pm

I hear the WRU employs a brilliant tea lady. I mean, truly mesmeric.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:11 pm

Whats the problem with an outsider having a decent opinion then. My favourite team is London wasps hints its an English team so of course I want see the players that deserve a call up have one

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:17 pm

IanBru wrote:I hear the WRU employs a brilliant tea lady. I mean, truly mesmeric.

I fancy a cuppa now........ twinings, strong, white and one level spoon please teaboy
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:19 pm

Ianbru mines a coffee chop chop

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:20 pm

There are only two players playing in the UK that I would like to see anywhere near an All Black team, they are Richie Gray and Chris Robshaw.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:25 pm

Richie grey in the all blacks yes robshaw maybe not the all blacks have some amazing backrows and I wouldn't change one person

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:45 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
There are only two players playing in the UK that I would like to see anywhere near an All Black team, they are Richie Gray and Chris Robshaw.

Laugh

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:51 pm

Richie Gray???

Someone must tell me one day what I'm missing with Richie Gray.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:54 pm

Injury free Gavin Henson..

Only Fofana comes close.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:55 pm

t1000advancedprototype wrote:Injury free Gavin Henson..

Only Fofana comes close.

Laugh picard

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Thu 04 Apr 2013, 3:00 pm

Fofana and Pocock

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 04 Apr 2013, 3:03 pm

SecretFly wrote:Richie Gray???

Fly he plays equally well in loose and tight, didnt you see that try he scored against Ireland recently?

With a bit of time and tutelage he could be another Sam Whitelock.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 04 Apr 2013, 3:06 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:

Who would you recomend?

6Ns Metres made

Clean breaks
1 Mike Brown England 5 5
4 George North Wales 5 4

Stats aren't everything I guess, because I definitely can't remember Goode making that many breaks/metres for us

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Apr 2013, 3:10 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:

Fly he plays equally well in loose and tight, didnt you see that try he scored against Ireland recently?

With a bit of time and tutelage he could be another Sam Whitelock.

I kinda see what people see... and more often I honestly don't. He just doesn't catch my eye for some reason and can be awkward with that height. Oh well, he'll go on to be a world legend and I'll be proven wrong...again Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Thu 04 Apr 2013, 3:15 pm

Well firstly have you ever watched a game of rugby
If so, secondly have you ever watched Glasgow, Sale or Scotland play

He played quite superb against NZ in 2010, has had a fair few injuries to contend with in 2012/13 but he wins so much in the lineout and the loose

If you haven't then its not worth persuing
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next