The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title?

+14
Dolphin Ziggler
JJJohnson
Hero
Shot 21 LCFC
hodge
MIG
Enforcer
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Uryu Ishida
Dr Gregory House MD
Crimey
Gregers
x12x
JoshSansom
18 posters

Go down

Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title?

Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_lcap0%Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_lcap0%Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_lcap14%Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 6 ]
[ 0 ]
Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_lcap37%Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 16 ]
Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_lcap2%Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_lcap5%Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_lcap5%Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_lcap12%Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_lcap9%Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_lcap11%Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 43

Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Empty Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title?

Post by JoshSansom Wed 10 Apr 2013, 9:55 pm

Put simply... on top of how long will his reign be, who do you see defeating the Head of the Cenation for the title?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Empty Re: Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title?

Post by x12x Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:29 am

I see CM Punk coming back and taking the title, other than that it's probably going to be Ryback as he seems destined for it but I just don't feel he's ready at the moment...his match against Henry showed that.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title? Empty Re: Who Will Defeat Cena for the WWE Title?

Post by Gregers Thu 11 Apr 2013, 7:43 am

Went someone else by which I mean lashley

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:23 am

Gregers wrote:Went someone else by which I mean lashley

Why do you think he'll be coming back? And even if he did come back, why would he be given the world title?

He left in really bad circumstances with WWE, but was never really that over and hasn't done anything of note since he's left. WWE don't really need him at all, and I'm sure he wouldn't be close enough to the world title on his return to be the man to take it from Cena.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:27 am

I think the easy answer is WWE probably don't know, which makes speculation rather difficult

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Thu 11 Apr 2013, 11:31 am

my vote is obvious....

FAAANNNDANNNNGOOOOOOO

where are he and Hunico on this list?

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 11 Apr 2013, 11:37 am

I've gone for The Shield - any member of

Roman Reigns

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 11 Apr 2013, 11:56 am

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch wrote:I've gone for The Shield - any member of

Roman Reigns

The option should be The Shield - any member of (except Dean Ambrose as he will never be good enough to hold a world title).

I went with Punk, I either think Cena will drop it over the summer to him.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:00 pm

Enforcer wrote:

Roman Reigns

The option should be The Shield - any member of (except Dean Ambrose as he will never be good enough to hold a world title).

I like how Reigns was probably seen as the least likely to succeed, and a tagged on member to support Ambrose and Rollins - and now it's his performances that are generating the most positive reaction!

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:02 pm

Is Batista coming back?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:05 pm

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch wrote:
Enforcer wrote:

Roman Reigns

I like how Reigns was probably seen as the least likely to succeed, and a tagged on member to support Ambrose and Rollins - and now it's his performances that are generating the most positive reaction!

Without wishing to knock Reigns (as he has been superb thus far), I think it's worth noting that he is given a lot of chances to excel with his power spots and putting exclimation marks on promos, this leaves Rollins and Ambrose to do most of the donkey work in terms of selling and talking.

All that said he hasn't done anything wrong so far, but I think WWE would be wiser to test all members of the Sheild in singles before giving them the title.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:48 pm

Out of the Shield Rollins seems to be the one who's always getting his ass kicked or caught out, they need to make sure they don't make him look like the weak link.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:50 pm

CM Punk to beat Cena sometime in the summer, then Lesnar Vs Punk at either Royal Rumble or PPV before hand. Reckon they will stick the title on Lesnar at some point of his 2 year contract, would expect it going into WM.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:54 pm

If they really want to cement Ryback as the next top babyface, they need Brock Lesnar to take the belt, and then drop it to Ryback at Wrestlmania 30. That would propel him right up there.

Plus it would be a brilliant match IMO!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:57 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:If they really want to cement Ryback as the next top babyface, they need Brock Lesnar to take the belt, and then drop it to Ryback at Wrestlmania 30. That would propel him right up there.

Really?

I'm a huge Lesnar fan, but I think he needs another good wrestler to actually have a good match. I think a match with Ryback would be totally awful.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:02 pm

I think that sounds a recipe for a very large botch cake of botchiness.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:14 pm

I voted for Lesnar, can see him taking the title from Cena later this year and hold it through the WM, although I am not sure who would beat him there.

I think it's going to be the run up to WM 31 before we start talking about Shield members and world titles.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 11 Apr 2013, 3:08 pm

Crimey wrote:
Shot 21 LCFC wrote:If they really want to cement Ryback as the next top babyface, they need Brock Lesnar to take the belt, and then drop it to Ryback at Wrestlmania 30. That would propel him right up there.

Really?

I'm a huge Lesnar fan, but I think he needs another good wrestler to actually have a good match. I think a match with Ryback would be totally awful.

A lot of people consider John Cena to be a poor wrestler and I thought the match they had at Extreme Rules last year was brilliant. Besides by WM30 its safe to say Ryback will have honed his craft a bit more by then. I dont think he is half as bad as most people make out.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 11 Apr 2013, 3:13 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:
Crimey wrote:

Really?

A lot of people consider John Cena to be a poor wrestler and I thought the match they had at Extreme Rules last year was brilliant. Besides by WM30 its safe to say Ryback will have honed his craft a bit more by then. I dont think he is half as bad as most people make out.

Cena can have a good match though, I'm not sure at all that Ryback can, I certainly think having him face Lesnar is just asking for trouble.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 11 Apr 2013, 4:07 pm

I've liked every Ryback match at PPV if I'm honest (except the early squash match).

I think it should be Lesnar character wise, however with his contract you dont know how often he'll be around for that to work. Unless hes gonna go close to The Rock's schedule from Rumble to Mania then he cant be champ. He could win it then leave, someone else win the vacant title and then Lesnar come back in a couple months and demand his belt. Would give a solid reason for Punk and Lesnar to feud.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 11 Apr 2013, 7:01 pm

Keep it on Cena and have streak vs streak at mania 30 with taker. Heel turn,Cena gets major heat.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 11 Apr 2013, 7:15 pm

Would make sense for Lesnar to come after Cena saying he had unfinished business with him after extreme rules. Say he destroyed him and now he will destroy him again and this time, take the title also.

Could then have Cena go after the streak ala Punk this year whilst Punk faces Lesnar at Mania for the title. Punk wins, gets the title back and get's a big push from beating Lesnar and surely legitimises himself as the top man in the company finally.

I really don't like Ryback he's just a big muscular guy who doesn't wrestler that well and is more limited than Cena which is saying something. Annoys me how someone like him is pushed more than Cesaro, a big guy with incredible strength but also technically good in the ring and has an array of moves which is set apart from others on the roster, such as the mid air upper cut, stunning move that.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:54 am

The love for Ryback amazes me, it shows just how badly WWE has pushed new talent that a lot of us embrace even Ryback as a top star.

He has a great look (though his body is surely chemically enhanced) and his intensity is good, but he's extremely limited as a performer. He's not had any bad matches yet but that's because WWE has been so desperately careful to work around his many flaws.

He's the absolute antithesis of what informed wrestling fans usually cry out for, a big musclehead without much ability.

I'm not even criticising the decision to push him - if it works for the masses it's a great decision - but I just find it pretty incredible that the majority of people on here seem to enjoy his act.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 12 Apr 2013, 3:53 am

I find it pretty incredible that I like him too, maybe I'm just longing for the 80s, I also find it pretty incredible how over he is in arena's, RAW on Monday was amazing, they where chanting boring at him quite vocally and he remained calm and managed to not only turn it around but completely drown it out

I can't really explain it, maybe its because he's got the crowd which in turn creates a good atmosphere for his segments, its no even a guilty pleasure, I freely admit it, well as freely as the anonymity of my secret online habit allows

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 12 Apr 2013, 9:05 am

I was at Raw on Monday and the live crowd definitely liked him. They chanted feed me more when Henry mentioned his name in the opening segment.

This was a smark heavy crowd reminiscent of the ECW days, who cheered for the heels and booed the faces most of the night, and seemed to favour the wrestlers with the most talent rather than the ones who are presented as good guys, and they liked Ryback!?

It's all a bit bizarre.

It does play into my theory that fans want to cheer for babyfaces who are cool, rather than comedians. Ryback, a straight up backside-kicker, is cool because he doesn't mess around trying to make people laugh. He just gets in the ring and does devastating moves. Cena, Sheamus, Del Rio and The Miz are not cool because they seem so desperate to be liked by the fans and come across like they are begging for our acceptance.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 12 Apr 2013, 9:11 am

That's it in a nutshell, people cheer Ryback because he's none of the above. Not that he's a better option as he clearly isn't but he isn't Cena which so many people are sick of.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 12 Apr 2013, 9:57 am

I dont know why I just like his intensity. I dont watch it with as much scrutiny as most of you. I forget about all smarkishness when I watch Raw or Smackdown so maybe its because I dont sit there looking for signs of being green or botching. Im glad I watch it this way as it hugely enhances my enjoyment.

One side note regarding Ryback: so many people were hoping he would botch the Shellshocked on Mark Henry at WM29 so they would have something to laugh at, but he hit it perfectly, so credit where its due on that one...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:24 pm

I wasn't aware of people hoping he'd botch it. That seems very mean spirited.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:28 pm

Yeah a lot of people on here were hoping for it. I agree with you it was a bit mean. But it just made me even prouder when he hit it botch free.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down