The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jericho: Shut up and enjoy it, interesting quotes from Cena & tag title match to be shown free

Go down

Jericho: Shut up and enjoy it, interesting quotes from Cena & tag title match to be shown free  Empty Jericho: Shut up and enjoy it, interesting quotes from Cena & tag title match to be shown free

Post by Mark_Seven Sat 31 Mar 2012, 5:48 pm

Hand-picked a few debate-worthy quotes from articles on NODQ.com; Jericho thinks fans should stop asking questions and just enjoy the ride. Cena says facing the Miami crowd will be nothing new as he's faced Edge in Toronto, Punk in Chicago. He says he a pioneer as no one else has ever taken this much heat and not turned heel. He also believe this wrestlemania build up has been extremely tough, particularly on him, and adds that his win record is no better than average as he has 'lost a lot'. Hmmm...

Quotes below and we are also being treated to a triple-threat tag match for free on WWE.com before the show on Sunday.

Jericho on the fans: “People are always wanting me to come back. When I was off this last year and a half -- 'When are you coming back? When are you coming back? When are you coming back? When are you coming back?' Finally, I come back. 'When are you going to talk? When are you going to talk? When are you going to talk? When are you going to talk?' Then I talk. 'When are you going to wrestle? How long are you staying?'

"People just need to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. When I go watch a great movie, I don't say, 'When is it over?' I just go, 'Man, I hope it never ends. I don't want it to end but I'm going to enjoy every step of the way.'

"I just read Under The Dome by Stephen King and it's 1,100 pages long. At the 1,100th page, I was like, 'I don't want this to end.' But it's over. It was done and it was great. That's why people need to relax and just enjoy the ride. I can't stay in WWE until I'm 60. What do you want? Honestly, what do you want me to do?

"I come, I do the best work I can possibly can. Give it my all, give it more than other people do as far as creating story lines (and) playing a character. Sacrificing things to make it work. That's all I care about. I don't care what people want as far as [how long] I'm staying or when I'm leaving. I'm here now. Just shut up and enjoy it.”

___
John Cena on facing the Miami crowd: “I’ve been in some pretty hostile crowds as well. Like everybody’s like, Ooh! You worried it’s Miami? It’s The Rock’s backyard! I’ve been in Hammerstein ballroom in New York facing the ECW faithful, I’ve face Edge in Toronto in a TLC ladder match, I’ve faced CM Punk in Chicago in Money in the Bank. I’ve been in some pretty savvy home crowds. This one’s gonna be fun. The year is over, it’s now to the point where we’re counting down the hours. This is really cool! It’s gonna be fun.

...In the entertainment business—what’s the line in Batman? “You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.”—I’ve been here ten years; people have the way they feel about you. I’ve never been one to shun people feeling negative, and I think that I’m the first guy to do that, to not “turn heel” when they boo you... It’s a never-been-done-before scenario. It’s been a hell of a ride for me.

"I think that’s the most important thing when people ask ‘why don’t I change who I am?’, because I know there are mass majority from the “Attitude Era” that will want me strung up and burned as a witch. But for every guy who says “Cena sucks!” there is a mom or a dad who will come up to me privately and say, “Thank you for being a good role model for my kids.” And there’s the kids: You’re eight-year-old daughter, her friends, the little kids that I meet, their friends, the Make-A-Wish families that I meet. I think to be a bad guy in this business, you’ve gotta be a genuinely bad guy. As long as we have those families showing up, I’m gonna be who I am. And I think that’s most important, and that’s why I don’t care that there’s a split in the crowd."

This year’s WrestleMania build-up: "It’s been extremely hard. Especially on me, it’s been a lot of pressure; it’s been very mentally draining. But after the last Monday in Atlanta, I took a deep breath, thought about it, and realized that I couldn’t possibly do anymore to build up April 1st. I think it is the biggest it can be. People realize what’s at stake. Not only do they realize it’s a marquee matchup—we have a lot of those—but they realize that I really don’t like the guy that I’m facing, which, in our business, is becoming more and more rare. It’s everything that a big fight is supposed to be."

On the “Super Cena” moniker: "I’ve also lost a lot. And I think that’s another thing that critics tend to savor their own flavor of soup. You can look at my win-loss record. It’s as good as an average superstar. I mean, I’ve won a lot of marquee matches, but I’ve lost a lot of marquee matches. Who was in the main event last year at Wrestlemania?

Doug: You.

Cena: Against who?

Doug: The Miz.

Cena: Who won that match?

Doug: The Miz.

Cena: ‘Nuff said."
___
WWE announced on their official Twitter account that Epico & Primo will be defending the WWE Tag Team Titles against The Usos and the newly-formed team of Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd during the WrestleMania 28 "pre-show".

Here's what their announcement read: "BREAKING NEWS: WWE Tag Team Triple Threat Championship Match will be streamed live online FREE before #WrestleMania!"

___

Whaddaya think?

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down