The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You've got to laugh sometimes

+2
Redrage
Doc
6 posters

Go down

You've got to laugh sometimes Empty You've got to laugh sometimes

Post by Doc Wed 04 May 2011, 2:43 pm

I played 9-holes on Moday evening and the bloke a couple of holes in front was quickly caught, as he was looking for his ball for what seemed like an age. He told me to go through as he was in no rush and thought he'd spend more time searching the cabbage for his ball. Last night I went out again and when I got around to the 5th, I was surprised to see the same bloke in the same cabbage searching for a ball again. I jokingly said 'not again mate' and he just smiled and said he was trying to find the ball from last night .... Erm I almost gave him a ball to cheer him up.

There must be plenty of strange things seen on courses

Doc

Back to top Go down

You've got to laugh sometimes Empty Re: You've got to laugh sometimes

Post by Redrage Wed 04 May 2011, 2:55 pm

Are you sure he wasn't referring to one of his testicles? I can't think of another ball that is worth spending that much time looking for.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 04 May 2011, 4:02 pm

Maybe it was his lucky Pinnacle Smile

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by graeme Thu 05 May 2011, 1:15 pm

we once came across a very distraught young lady on her bicycle in the field next to the 7th. she wailed at us "where is the road, how do i get back to a road?!". it dawned on us that she must have been following (not too closely) the fife coastal path (which i'd never consider on a bike) and wandered off course, so here she was following field walls until she got back to civilisation. thar'll learn 'er...

graeme

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Thu 05 May 2011, 2:16 pm

I was playing the course in the town where I live, Tavistock, Devon; which if anyone know it, is a Moorland course on Dartmoor.

Well as it is on Dartmoor, it is on public land, which means that walkers, joggers, ponies, bulls and all other strange sights can be seen during a round.

As the public is well aware that it is public land they take great delight in walking across the green as your are 170yrds from the pin and would see nothing wring in shouting as you were to chip out of a bunker.

Well I had a delicate chip over a bunker, downhill lie, difficult shot etc when all I heard was this slavering, screeching woman yelling "Derek, dee - rek DEEEEEEE -REK!" and I asked her what she was shouting at and then Derek came into view from around the gorse, a little dog. Stupid dog, stupid name, stupid woman; I thought it was her husband.

Good course though, well worth a play

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 05 May 2011, 2:49 pm

tarka (is that anything to do with an otter?)

Have you played Yelverton?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Thu 05 May 2011, 2:54 pm

yeah, I was driving up to Bideford the other day and notciced a sign for the "tarka trail", named after tarka the otter and I thought that otter do for a name, something daft. It was either that or "Hugh Jitter". I am not from these parts though, I am Scottish like you.

Yelverton is a class act, bout 6 miles away but a bit snotty. Couldn't fault the course or the pro though, and like Tavistock, it is open when other course are waterlogged, tight lies all round.

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Thu 05 May 2011, 6:59 pm

Tarka
When we lived in Surrey our neighbours visiting parents were making a fuss over our dog.
'He has a lovely nature, but why on earth did you call him Kitchen' she said.

We used to call ' kitchen' when we wanted the dog to come back to the kitchen, he was well named by our kids Scruff.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down