The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher

+23
Skydriver
GT350
Plunky
pedro
Pal Joey
barragan
ryan86
Fernando
ralphjohn69
Lairdy
1GrumpyGolfer
JPX
mystiroakey
sportform
Seve_The_Great
SmithersJones
princedracula
kwinigolfer
beninho
navyblueshorts
kingraf
Good Golly I'm Olly
Diggers
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Diggers Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:53 pm

True enough, but always think Phil and Els etc should have won more majors, and maybe still will ! Can't see Paddy sneaking another one though.
Id rather have Cabreras career by the way, just seems a much better story and a lot more fun. That said he is meant to be a bit of a grumpy so and so.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty Re: PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:54 pm

Sneds drives horrid at the 10th, Olsen makes 3 birdies in a row to go to -5
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty Re: PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kingraf Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:55 pm

Covering the Masters for the morning news on a local and I came across this tweet

"@
markaugustyn
An Argentinian winning the Masters
this week would be highly
inappropriate, surely the BBC will just
stop showing it?"

Not particularly funny, but it keeps me going.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:56 pm

Be fun if Oleson can get in at -6 or maybe -7...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:00 pm

an Argentinian winning would be what she would have wanted I am sure.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:06 pm

Oh Lee . . .

Oh Sergio!!!!!!!!!!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:13 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Oh Lee . . .
True, but he had to try and make something happen - he's not interested in top 10s any more is he?

kwinigolfer wrote:Oh Sergio!!!!!!!!!!
If only...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:20 pm

nbs,
We don't know what he did, CBS is not showing him.

Snedeker & Thorbjorn leading the Northen Hemisphere. In 5th.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:25 pm

Southern hemisphere in control. A duck chased by three wallabies...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:27 pm

If Westwood wants to make something happen, getting the ball to the hole might be an idea picard
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:29 pm

Day moves to -7
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve_The_Great Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:32 pm

I've lost count of the amount of times Westwood has been in with a chance in the last round of a major, only to then putt to my sort of standard. And believe me thats not great.

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:34 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:nbs,
We don't know what he did, CBS is not showing him...
Went for 13 in two and was on the flag but just short...into the creek. Putt for par did everything but drop.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:34 pm

Scott catches a break there, him and Leishman are lingering at -6 threatening.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:35 pm

Westwood was never in with a chance today. very outside chance at best.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:40 pm

What was Cabrera thinking??? In the lead, on the pine straw, tough shot into 13...in the drink.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:42 pm

Up until he put it in the water on 13 you'd have to say Westwood was playing the best golf of all the leaders tee to green. Had he made the very makeable putts on 1, 2, 5, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15 and 16 he'd be leading by 4 now. Ifs and buts and all that, but it shows he did have a chance. Even if he'd made half of them he'd be at -7.

Last edited by SmithersJones on Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : poxy autocorrect)
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:42 pm

Like el pato to water . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:43 pm

They're channeling Van der Velde.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve_The_Great Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:44 pm

beninho wrote:Westwood was never in with a chance today. very outside chance at best.

He started the day only 6 shots off the current lead and that may become 5 in a minute. People have made that up on the back nine before. A 66 or 67 was definitely possible out there, he wouldn't have been far off if is pitting had matched his tee to green play.

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:45 pm

but Mr smithers on that basis if everyone else made the putts they should of then Westwood would probably be a few back still. now if Westwood was a better player then he may be winning.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:49 pm

but Mr seve 2 people have scored 67 and a handful 68. so to go and shoot a 66/67 was highly unlikely. no one is tearing the course up. Westwood was out if it before he started.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:51 pm

Wallaby
Wallaby gaucho
Wallaby

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:54 pm

Looks like -9 will win so he'd have had to shoot 65 to get in a playoff. Unlikely but certainly possible.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:56 pm

Not gonna happen for Tiger today
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve_The_Great Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:00 pm

Olly wrote:Not gonna happen for Tiger today

I think the incident on the 15th on Friday sealed his fate for the rest of the tournament to be honest. I couldn't see even him winning from that position. Terrible luck really, he'd have probably had a putt to go six under and the lead now is only eight.

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:03 pm

Lead is now at -9 with Day really attacking.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:06 pm

scott has hit a brilliant shot into 15- chance to go to 9 - odds on 8 though

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:08 pm

got to say thats a mistake on 16 from day.. 6 foot slider for par

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:09 pm

Seve_The_Great wrote:I've lost count of the amount of times Westwood has been in with a chance in the last round of a major, only to then putt to my sort of standard. And believe me thats not great.
Just heard Lee say he didn't 3-putt all week. Reckon you could do that on Augusta's surfaces? Whistle
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:11 pm

the 13th killed him tbh.. his longer irons were dreadfull this week. he missed a lot of greens and scrambled well and overall i would say putts gained- not bad!!. Yes he didnt make enough birdies on other holes. but he seemed to be haunted on certain 5's.. And he keeps mentioning that after every interview(wether he plays them good bad or average)-- He has a head issue with 5's at the moment

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:12 pm

Seems to be a fight between the Aussies for the title
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:13 pm

Come on Scotty!!!!!!!!

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:13 pm

Could this be Stevie's Scotty's day finally?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:16 pm

Good point nbs,
Wonder if it will be Stevie's "best ever win"?
Still wouldn't rule Cabrera out . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:17 pm

I wonder what odds you could have got on Stevie winning another major before Tiger when they split?
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:17 pm

Hah very good Navy. I certainly hope so, really like Scott, seems like a genuine nice guy. Darned nice swing too.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve_The_Great Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:18 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Seve_The_Great wrote:I've lost count of the amount of times Westwood has been in with a chance in the last round of a major, only to then putt to my sort of standard. And believe me thats not great.
Just heard Lee say he didn't 3-putt all week. Reckon you could do that on Augusta's surfaces? Whistle

Absolutely not! I was of course joking but the point I was making is certainly a valid one. He certainly does not make enough putts within 15 feet for birdie and especially it seems on the last day of the big tournaments.

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:20 pm

mystiroakey wrote: he seemed to be haunted on certain 5's.. And he keeps mentioning that after every interview(wether he plays them good bad or average)-- He has a head issue with 5's at the moment

He must have read our thread about it and realised that Kwini was right!
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:20 pm

Yeah. Seems one of the sport's nice guys. If he won, the Champion's dinner pre-event would have to be a bbq wouldn't it? Wallaby Ale RedWine
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:26 pm

looking good for Scott. no one contending really has the wow factor. I try to keep the wife interested in big events but she has gone to bed this time. but she wants Scott to win after what happened at the open.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:26 pm

Quack, quack, quack. Finally seemed to get the pace right

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:27 pm

Angel back in with -8's as Day has an up and down to save par on 17
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:29 pm

"Still wouldn't rule Cabrera out" Fingers Crossed

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:43 pm

good masters..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:52 pm

Scotty, Scotty, Scotty!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:52 pm

that is huge and very impressive.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:53 pm

scotty you legend..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:53 pm

What a putt.

Over to you Mr Cabrera
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:54 pm

potential first major for the broomhandle putter?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next