The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher

+23
Skydriver
GT350
Plunky
pedro
Pal Joey
barragan
ryan86
Fernando
ralphjohn69
Lairdy
1GrumpyGolfer
JPX
mystiroakey
sportform
Seve_The_Great
SmithersJones
princedracula
kwinigolfer
beninho
navyblueshorts
kingraf
Good Golly I'm Olly
Diggers
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 3 Empty PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Diggers Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

True enough, but always think Phil and Els etc should have won more majors, and maybe still will ! Can't see Paddy sneaking another one though.
Id rather have Cabreras career by the way, just seems a much better story and a lot more fun. That said he is meant to be a bit of a grumpy so and so.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 3 Empty Re: PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:48 am

Linebreaker wrote: Yahoo

What a relief. At last! Well done Adam.

Great tournament for Australian golf with Day and Leishman finishing in the top 4 as well.

Definitely Aus-gusta; some great putts from Scott to set the mark and then win the playoff.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 3 Empty Re: PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by pedro Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:48 am

Nice guy Scott wins. Well done. Steve Williams, you da man!

Cabrera now have time to go to Maggies funeral.

Only some excitement over the last few holes. Otherwise it will be remembered for Tigers drop.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:49 am

if westy and rose dont get them illegal putters out soon i will post em one each!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:53 am

Nobody ever looked more handsome in that green jacket ! kiss

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:56 am

Plunks,
He's the nicest golfer in the World to follow - you'd be tearing that Green Jacket off him in no time!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:58 am

mystiroakey wrote:if westy and rose dont get them illegal putters out soon i will post em one each!!
I'm sure Steve Williams will be happy to shove one up their @rses. PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 3 3845856932

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:02 am

could it have been a better event for tiger Yahoo

not that i hate him or anything. But it is kind of ironic isnt it..

Maybe it was all karma

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:05 am

Stevie now has as many majors as Tiger, doesn't he?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:05 am

aye! he does...

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GT350 Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:52 am

mystiroakey - I guees the rules of golf are just not your strong suit? Very Happy

GT350

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:17 am

Great finish. Excellent winner. Superb sportsmanship from Angel. Good that they failed to contrive to give it to TW. Well done on your latest Major Stevie.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:46 am

yeah if it makes you feel better gt?

did you enjoy the golf?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:54 am

Mysti

You see now why it would be a waste of time me betting? Well done on backing the right man!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:59 am

It was a good win ta..

I think we both know anything could have happened at that point(where i was going to split the difference). Its not as if Angel flaked out or anything. He still played just as well as scott !!

But i had this feeling about scott from the off . so sometimes its just better to go with your heart Smile

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:15 am

Good finish to what was a fairly dull Masters in terms of quality compared to previous editions.

Can't remember seeing Scott so focused (and pumped up at his birdie on 18). He looked invincible. But then, so did Cabrera. I'm glad it finished with such good shots from both, rather than one of them throwing it away.

Interesting how things played out on 13. Both went for the green. Adam's ball entered the hazard but stuck on the bank, Angel's went sploosh. Perhaps Cabrera didn't need to take the risk at that point though?

Don't know about everyone else who falls on the "supporter" side of the fence regarding Westwood, but I thought he played really well and would say his chipping and putting has definitely improved. Having said that, although he holed out well to avoid three-putts, he did by his own admission fail to take the numerous birdie (and one short range eagle) chances. And he seems to have a bad habit of ending up in water hazards at inopportune moments.

Wonder if Lee, Sergio, Luke et al will take comfort or feel more pressure at seeing one candidate for "best player never to win a major" withdraw from that competition?

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:17 am

Thank goodness Snedeker bogied the last. Means I made money on him AND Olesen.

How good does Olesen look by the way. Major winner in waiting I think.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:19 am

And he's played his way into an auto invitation for next year which must be a nice feeling. Seems a good lad.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:29 am

super_realist wrote:Thank goodness Snedeker bogied the last. Means I made money on him AND Olesen.

How good does Olesen look by the way. Major winner in waiting I think.

I cant remenber the last major i didnt make on!! I should only bet on them

Oleson is awesome. This tourny he has proved he can play. He hasnt proved he can win or play well when it truely matters. But judging on talent alone- the lad is special

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:31 am

Think last years Open might have been the only one I haven't made on in the last few years. Easy money most of the time.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:36 am

Olesen yes. But so far a bit too many 2nd's IMO. He needs to start winning. And now he'll probably take up membership of the PGA Tour. Right move? Headscratch

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:40 am

We are seeing a death of the european tour infront of us..

Everyone is going to the states.. It truely is becoming the Premier leauge of golf in that respect.

will it affect US talent in the long run?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:42 am

Skydriver wrote:

Don't know about everyone else who falls on the "supporter" side of the fence regarding Westwood, but I thought he played really well and would say his chipping and putting has definitely improved. Having said that, although he holed out well to avoid three-putts, he did by his own admission fail to take the numerous birdie (and one short range eagle) chances. And he seems to have a bad habit of ending up in water hazards at inopportune moments.

Wonder if Lee, Sergio, Luke et al will take comfort or feel more pressure at seeing one candidate for "best player never to win a major" withdraw from that competition?

Westwood's short game has definitely improved, especially his holing out from 3-5 feet. That helped him avoid a 3 putt, but too often he lagged makeable 15-20 footers which with a touch more pace would have dropped. I can only assume this was because he's not quite fully confident about the shorter ones, but hopefully he soon will be. If he ever puts together his best ball striking and some solid, aggressive putting he'll be unbeatable.

As to whether seeing Adam win helps or hinders, you'd hope they'll think 'if he can do it, so can I'.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:46 am

"As to whether seeing Adam win helps or hinders, you'd hope they'll think 'if he can do it, so can I'"

the difference between rose and scott..

the putter!

no disrespect to scott btw- its in the rules, so he can do what he wants.. But i think its time for rose to seriously consider this

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:50 am

I think Scott should have DQ'ed himself for using the long putter. Whistle

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:58 am

I thought it was some sort of soil testing probe.
Honestly, he looks a bit geriatric with that. He must suffer from severe arthritis.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:00 am

The tournament got interesting when the rain came on. Augusta greens are a bit of a joke when they are like linoleum covered in Mr Sheen.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:18 am

Awful lot of putts coming up short with the damp and the players very tentative.westy should really have gone birdie eagle start and then we would have had a show but he is striking the ball quite beautifully.
Great event as usual

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:40 am

Steve Williams of course taking credit:
“We knew it was a right-to-left putt. He said he thought it was a cup outside, but I told him it broke more than he thought and it was two cups outside the hole.”

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:43 am

Kiwis are always bloody right.... Whistle

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:56 am

Trivia Question:
Who led The Masters in "scrambling"?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:59 am

Going to guess with LW

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:06 am

LW is correct, mysti, you're on a roll mate! thumbsup

76.7% of the time he got it up and down.

Adam Scott led in gir: 76.4% of the time he hit the green in reg.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:10 am

It had to be didnt it!

the 5 footers and below he was rock solid and he didnt hit his usually expetional GIR stats he normally does at Augusta..

I take it scott just pipped out Rose?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:12 am

Olesen was 2nd in GIR, but took too many putts.
http://www.masters.com/en_US/scores/stats/index.html

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:15 am

ok ta rose was equal 3rd, dropped out of top place due to only hitting 50% final round

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:21 pm

mystiroakey wrote:ok ta rose was equal 3rd, dropped out of top place due to only hitting 50% final round

Mysti..re Faldo being meticulous and would never get DQ'd......well he did. He once moved some coral from behind his ball in some tournament, which ne believed was allowed which it was under European Tour rules.....unfortunately he forgot the tournament was ran under Asian tour rules so he was kicked out with 6 holes to go when he was leading.
So even slick Nick has fallen foul of the rules before it would seem.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:22 pm

and you can bet your life that he didnt cry to the commitee to get kept in the tounry Smile

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:24 pm

I bet he wasnt happy though. Anyway I only mention it as it was in my paper this morning, I didnt spend my time researching it or anything. Cool

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:45 pm

haha.. dont lie you been digging up dirt! or coral

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairdy Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:38 pm

Fairly drab week shrowded in controversy was brightened up by that last hour on Sunday. Was worth the wait just to see the normally reserved Scott go bonkers on the 18th green! Then it was all matched by the drama and quality of the playoff. We had Cabrera's post shot reactions where we didn't know if he'd sclaffed or flushed it, only to be presented with the sight of the ball landing right where his stare demanded it. All topped off with some major redemption from Scott. Rightfully earned. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

OK Billy you just got away with that this year. Your thanks to Adam and Angel please.

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Well said, Lairdy, my sentiments exactly clap Ale

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:53 pm

I simply loved it. My favourite weekend of the golf watching year every year. I don't think any of it was dull or drab. The final round was engrossing and the focus on the protagonists was just about right. Interspersed with the rise and fall of Langer, Sparkling scoring of Olesen, LW's unlucky round on the greens, the "can he can't he do it" play of Woods.

Wish ANGC just gave the host broadcasting rights to the BBC for the whole shabang along with free reign over coverage.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:59 pm

"free rain over coverage"?

Would be a good idea actually! Made it all more interesting.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Roller,
You're probably right as CBS showed us nothing of Westwood except his second shots and ensuing putts on #2 and #7, plus his flubbed chip on #9 - not his up and down of course. And showed very little of Olesen except two or three out of context putts.
CBS get worse and worse the more commentators they have, and Jim Nantz is unbearable sucking up to everything "Masters", not questioning a thing.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:18 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
the difference between rose and scott..

the putter!

no disrespect to scott btw- its in the rules, so he can do what he wants.. But i think its time for rose to seriously consider this

100% agree with this. There is no better player tee to green than Rose at the moment IMHO, but he putts about as well as me and I play off 12 Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:27 pm

blisteringblue, do you use the long putter then..?? Run

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:41 pm

I would say that Rose is a streaky (rather than outright poor) putter.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:49 pm

What is this fuss over the long putter and the claw grip?

I'm a casual watcher, I don't really understand it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:10 pm

Claw grip is ok...just weird!

Long putters themselves are fine but it's way they're used. Most anchor them in two places - their hands and either chest/belly. Most people think this stinks as clubs, all of them, are meant to be swung by being held in the hands i.e. a single anchor point. Most people also think it removes a lot of the hand/arm action required in a 'normal' putting style and therefore removes a lot of the potential sources of messing up.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Actually, I have no idea if it's 'most' people. I'm biased as I think the way they're used should be outlawed!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next