The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calories a day + Carb/protein ratios.....

+3
Fists of Fury
Lumbering_Jack
TRUSSMAN66
7 posters

Go down

Calories a day + Carb/protein ratios..... Empty Calories a day + Carb/protein ratios.....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 16 Apr 2013, 5:23 pm

Like to make sure I have 3,000 calories a day..............Ideally 60% carbs but that usually buys the farm unfortunately..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Calories a day + Carb/protein ratios..... Empty Re: Calories a day + Carb/protein ratios.....

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 17 Apr 2013, 7:41 am

Roughly the same, although at weekends when I train for 5 hour time trials on my bike this significantly increases to 5000+.

Partial to the occasional bag of crisps and bar of choc too.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Calories a day + Carb/protein ratios..... Empty Re: Calories a day + Carb/protein ratios.....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Apr 2013, 10:04 am

Crisps and chocolate in moderation are fine as the workouts will take care of them............

5 hour time trials...impressive you must look lean..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 17 Apr 2013, 5:41 pm

I feel skinny Truss...

Used to be a solid 13st7lb. Down to about 12 now. Lean no doubt but I've lost a bit muscle too. Body is adjusting to the new type of training I'm doing. Just a shame I'm too heavy to compete in any long distance stuff.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 18 Apr 2013, 8:50 am

I don't really take in to account the split between carbs/protein. I'm working away a couple of nights a week at the moment so my day will be something like:

Porridge
One brown toast with 2 poached eggs

Flamegrilled chicken pack from Asda (150g)
Garden salad
Fruit, granola and yogurt pack

One of those mini pots of layered prawn pasta salad in the afternoon

Restaurant on the night. Usually something like tuna steak on chorizo paella or rump steak with salad and baby potatoes.

Doesn't look too bad, I guess, but eating out is never the healthiest.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 18 Apr 2013, 9:45 am

Good solid breakfast Fists, and that's the most important meal of the day!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 18 Apr 2013, 6:21 pm

Birds nest soup for breakfast.........Good protein and not too many calories.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 20 Apr 2013, 12:31 pm

My breakfast is normally
porridge
2 boiled eggs

Snack
Tinkies!

Lunch
Chicken salad\ green salad

Snack
Banana and apple

dinner
Normally pasta and steak

Im not bulking, so I have no wish to stack up the calories. Maybe when I start a new program in six weeks (yet to be decided)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 24 Apr 2013, 1:51 pm

speaking of calories, is anyone familiar with the transformation Christian Bale went through a few years back? he starved himself down to 120lb for his role as an anorexic in the machinist, then had 6 months to gain around 100lb of mostly muscle for his part in batman begins! somehow he managed it, i wouldnt have thought such a change was possible in such a shory space of time. then again maybe he was taking more than calories on board...
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 24 Apr 2013, 3:03 pm

incontinentia wrote:speaking of calories, is anyone familiar with the transformation Christian Bale went through a few years back? he starved himself down to 120lb for his role as an anorexic in the machinist, then had 6 months to gain around 100lb of mostly muscle for his part in batman begins! somehow he managed it, i wouldnt have thought such a change was possible in such a shory space of time. then again maybe he was taking more than calories on board...

He took steriods and GH.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 24 Apr 2013, 3:14 pm

I'm normally dead against accusing people I've never met of doing anything dodgy. But 100 pounds is a lot of weight...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 24 Apr 2013, 3:51 pm

incontinentia wrote:speaking of calories, is anyone familiar with the transformation Christian Bale went through a few years back? he starved himself down to 120lb for his role as an anorexic in the machinist, then had 6 months to gain around 100lb of mostly muscle for his part in batman begins! somehow he managed it, i wouldnt have thought such a change was possible in such a shory space of time. then again maybe he was taking more than calories on board...

He had 6 months to train hours a day, arrange everything around his dietry requirements, probably used the best nutritionists and trainers in the business. I think it could be done. Besides, his physique didn't look like one attainable using steroids and GH. He was very balanced. From my experiences, huge traps and a wide back are usually the first signs of steroid use. Users appear more 'hulking' than lean, balanced, and 'fit'. That's just my perspective anyway.

Lest we forget, Bale was in pretty great shape before dropping all the weight, from previous roles. I don't think he'd have found it as hard as someone starting from scratch to put all the weight back on.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 24 Apr 2013, 5:09 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:

He had 6 months to train hours a day, arrange everything around his dietry requirements, probably used the best nutritionists and trainers in the business. I think it could be done. Besides, his physique didn't look like one attainable using steroids and GH. He was very balanced. From my experiences, huge traps and a wide back are usually the first signs of steroid use. Users appear more 'hulking' than lean, balanced, and 'fit'. That's just my perspective anyway.

Lest we forget, Bale was in pretty great shape before dropping all the weight, from previous roles. I don't think he'd have found it as hard as someone starting from scratch to put all the weight back on.

Steroid use in Hollywood and showbiz is just as rife as it is in pro sports.
Pretty much every Hollywood actor (even actress) who has played a role which involved him having a muscular/toned/lean/athletic physique would have used drugs to obtain it.
How else do you think all these actors often get in and out of shape so quickly? (And this for me is the most obvious sign of drug usage)
Whether you’re going to look like a hulking monster or a lean adonis is purely down to the compounds and dosages you’re using.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 24 Apr 2013, 5:27 pm

J.Benson II wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

Pretty much every Hollywood actor (even actress) who has played a role which involved him having a muscular/toned/lean/athletic physique would have used drugs to obtain it.
How else do you think all these actors often get in and out of shape so quickly? (And this for me is the most obvious sign of drug usage)
Whether you’re going to look like a hulking monster or a lean adonis is purely down to the compounds and dosages you’re using.

How do you know it's just a rife?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 24 Apr 2013, 5:39 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

And how do you know it isn’t?
I’m going by the fact that many actors get in better condition within a few months then most natural bodybuilders who’ve been in the game for....years.
Then, within a month of the film’s release – they look average again.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 24 Apr 2013, 7:44 pm

J.Benson II wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

I’m going by the fact that many actors get in better condition within a few months then most natural bodybuilders who’ve been in the game for....years.

I don't, that's why I said it was in my opinion. You stated categorically that steroids are rife in hollywood.

Because it's an uncertain answer, I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt. Professional trainers rarely advocate the use of drugs.

Do you ever think that actors slim right down again after a movie because they are no longer required to be that size? i.e. they've finished shooting the movie? Gerard Butler for 300- perhaps the most famous case. The workout's pretty extreme, and so was his diet. Dedicating 24 hours a day for up to 6 months to attaining that physique isn't unreasonable with a perfect diet, and top advice, all of which I'm sure he was getting, because hey, it's Hollywood.

Not all actors slim right down again anyway. Jackman is always jacked, Gosling has kept it up, Reynolds, Hemsworth, Bale to a degree.

I'm not saying roids are not used anywhere in Hollywood. it's obvious with some guys, such a Stallone, The Rock, oldies like Arnie and Van Damme, probably all on it. I just think that with proper advice, a nutritionist, a cook, shed loads of cash, the best gym, and every hour of every day dedicated to getting into decent shape for a movie, it is possible without roids.

But heck, it's always easier to accuse someone of being on them if they are in shape. Christ, I think 90% of the public think someone is on steroids if they pull out a protein shake in the middle of the street.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 24 Apr 2013, 9:51 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

I don't, that's why I said it was in my opinion. You stated categorically that steroids are rife in hollywood.

Because it's an uncertain answer, I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt. Professional trainers rarely advocate the use of drugs.

Do you ever think that actors slim right down again after a movie because they are no longer required to be that size? i.e. they've finished shooting the movie? Gerard Butler for 300- perhaps the most famous case. The workout's pretty extreme, and so was his diet. Dedicating 24 hours a day for up to 6 months to attaining that physique isn't unreasonable with a perfect diet, and top advice, all of which I'm sure he was getting, because hey, it's Hollywood.

Not all actors slim right down again anyway. Jackman is always jacked, Gosling has kept it up, Reynolds, Hemsworth, Bale to a degree.

I'm not saying roids are not used anywhere in Hollywood. it's obvious with some guys, such a Stallone, The Rock, oldies like Arnie and Van Damme, probably all on it. I just think that with proper advice, a nutritionist, a cook, shed loads of cash, the best gym, and every hour of every day dedicated to getting into decent shape for a movie, it is possible without roids.

But heck, it's always easier to accuse someone of being on them if they are in shape. Christ, I think 90% of the public think someone is on steroids if they pull out a protein shake in the middle of the street.

Of course its all speculation. I'm not certain of anything and its just my opionion.

However, one thing we can all agree on is that Hollywood is totally obsessed with image and outer beauty. Plastic surgeons and doctors carrying out artificial comestic procedures are always in demand in LA.
Also, usage of recreational or pescription drugs I'd imagine is also widespread given that a fair amount of stars have died overdosing on such substances.
With all this considered, it seems highly likely that usage of PED's would also be commonly used in such a vain, image obsessed industry.

Examples could include Micky Rourke, who pretty much admitted using steriods for his role in The Wrestler. Edward Norton was quizzed by Arnie himself over what drugs he used in American History X to get in shape. There is a picture of Tom Hardy with a very bad case of back acne (potential side affect of steriods) which he's never had before. In the novel American Pyscho, the character of Patrick Bateman was a narcissist who used steriods to enhance his physique. Therefore, it seems likely that Christian Bale would have also used the drugs to help "get in character" for the film.

Bear in mind that many of these actors are in their late 30's-40's. At that age, your natural hormonal levels (which ultimately judges how much muscle your body can sustain) are in a steep decline and no amount of special training or dietry methods is gonna change that.
Yes, they have access to the best nutrition and trainers......but they've also got access to the best doctors and pharmacists.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 24 Apr 2013, 10:00 pm

J.Benson II wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

Of course its all speculation. I'm not certain of anything and its just my opionion.

However, one thing we can all agree on is that Hollywood is totally obsessed with image and outer beauty. Plastic surgeons and doctors carrying out artificial comestic procedures are always in demand in LA.
Also, usage of recreational or pescription drugs I'd imagine is also widespread given that a fair amount of stars have died overdosing on such substances.
With all this considered, it seems highly likely that usage of PED's would also be commonly used in such a vain, image obsessed industry.

Examples could include Micky Rourke, who pretty much admitted using steriods for his role in The Wrestler. Edward Norton was quizzed by Arnie himself over what drugs he used in American History X to get in shape. There is a picture of Tom Hardy with a very bad case of back acne (potential side affect of steriods) which he's never had before. In the novel American Pyscho, the character of Patrick Bateman was a narcissist who used steriods to enhance his physique. Therefore, it seems likely that Christian Bale would have also used the drugs to help "get in character" for the film.

Bear in mind that many of these actors are in their late 30's-40's. At that age, your natural hormonal levels (which ultimately judges how much muscle your body can sustain) are in a steep decline and no amount of special training or dietry methods is gonna change that.
Yes, they have access to the best nutrition and trainers......but they've also got access to the best doctors and pharmacists.

It is all speculation, which is a shame, because it would be good to know some of these guys' training secrets.

I largely agree with you that PEDs will be prevalent in a lot of Hollywood circles, because it's the nature of the 'game'- looks, appearance, beauty, etc. But at the shame time, it is unfair to paint all actors with that brush. Just like in public gyms there are the guys using PEDs and there are the honest guys; there will be actors who achieve their physiques naturally. We should give some the benefit of the doubt. At the end of the day, most of us average Joes will never be in the position to spend every day for 9 months or whatever, pushing weights around and eating, with an unlimited supply of money and knowledge. Sadly, we won't ever really know what is achievable with that sort of regime!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:32 pm

I'm not meaning to bring up this topic again but I saw this video today and it reminded me of this discussion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy6gWMhNS1g

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:08 pm

Apparently strongman competitor Zydrunas Savickas recently gained 25kg of body weight in 8 weeks!! Does anyone know how the hell that's possible?

He went from 160kg to 185kg in that time, his calorie intake must have been off the charts!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 17 Jul 2013, 10:57 am

That's ludicrous incontinentia. Where did you read that?

To be fair, he's always been one of the 'larger' strongmen, certainly not as well conditioned as some of the others.

Must be so much strain on his heart.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:55 pm

I remember Savickas was alot leaner when he first started competing than to what he is now.
However, his increase in bodyweight/fat was fairly progressive I thought.
Even if he did gain 25kg in 2 months (which I doubt), it would just been all fat.
Any kind of excess mass is useful for the big static lifts.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 18 Jul 2013, 11:44 pm

I read it in one of Terry Hollands' posts on the sugden barbell forum, so i'd say its reliable. Terry himself was gobsmacked.

Zydrunas is in a league of his own- legend.

http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/forum/EUROPES-STRONGEST-MAN-2013(THIS-WEEKEND)-18805/6
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri 19 Jul 2013, 10:14 am

Wow, that's a great post from Hollands, I had no idea he did that. Thanks for the link Incontinentia

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down