The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carb/Protein balancing

2 posters

Go down

Carb/Protein balancing Empty Carb/Protein balancing

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 01 Jun 2011, 3:54 pm

Now that Hero has kindly moved this forum to the main page, and not the backstreets of the 'other sports' section, I thought I'd get it started with a nutrition based question.

From reading various sites and articles I have picked up on the idea of 'carb cycling' whereby minimal carbs are eaten for consecutive days, and then you have a carb day to get them back in the system. Obviously this is a very specific diet, and one which at the moment I do not follow, as I generally eat a lot of protein rich foods, but likewise with carbs by means of bread, pasta etc on most days.

My main issue is balancing. How do you get the energy to work out if you have neglected carbs that day? Hence at the moment I am going for a mixture of carb based food and protein based food, to cover both bases.

Is there any accepted method when it comes to nutrition, or is it more a case of what works for you? I work out 3-4 times per week generally, and it'd be nice to get a steer on when carbs/protein should be concentrated on, or whether my current balance of the two is just as effective.

Hopefully I have explained properly above, and someone with far more knowledge on the subject than me can have some input.

Many thanks

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Carb/Protein balancing Empty Re: Carb/Protein balancing

Post by Solerina Wed 01 Jun 2011, 5:18 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Now that Hero has kindly moved this forum to the main page, and not the backstreets of the 'other sports' section, I thought I'd get it started with a nutrition based question.

Hi Fists of Fury.....I've only just noticed that this is now on the front page......thanks Hero : )

Hopefully we'll get more members contributing,

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down