The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing Weekend For Boxing!

+13
Steffan
AlexHuckerby
bellchees
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
seanmichaels
azania
TRUSSMAN66
hampo17
John Bloody Wayne
eddyfightfan
Seanusarrilius
bhb001
davidemore
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Amazing Weekend For Boxing! Empty Amazing Weekend For Boxing!

Post by davidemore Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:52 pm

Some huge shows this weekend! For the next few weeks the boxing world is going to be riding so high, epic!

We've got Frank Warren's card, Eddie Hearn's and Canelo vs Trout. So, which one you looking forward to the most?

For me, Canelo vs Trout.

Both men look absolutely ripped and ready for this one. With almost 40,000 in attendance, and a drunkish looking ODLH hyping it up, should be a great fight.

Man, I feel spoiled for choice lately.

#BOXING

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Amazing Weekend For Boxing! Empty Re: Amazing Weekend For Boxing!

Post by bhb001 Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:56 pm

This has already been covered by Hampo earlier. Do you get a set of steak knives if you start enough threads?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:01 pm

bhb001 - jumping on the "slate davidemore" for any thread he begins I see. I get more and more depressed with some of you on here lately.

Anyway, great weekend for boxing. Can't wait for Canelo v Trout. A genuine 1 and 2 fight in the division

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:07 pm

my predictions are a little off as of late, but i'm really hoping canelo wins this one, i think he gets a harsh deal on here by most, and think he has the power to stop trout late. i can see canelo been the new face of boxing, if he can get the mayweather fight, i'd love to see that match up

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:19 pm

I just feel Canelo will do it. Something tells me he has got it in him. Although, Trout starts favorite. A real pick 'em fight, again!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:27 pm

If you don't think a thread was worth being created, the best way to damn it is to ignore it.

Warren's card interests me least. I like watching Del Boy but wouldn't mind catching a repeat online some time.

Fury can be fun to watch and none hardcores know his name which is good. It could be entertaining although I'm not convinced it'll be that competitive.

Canelo v Trout. The top guys in the division and should be a good fight for action. No result would surprise me as they're both unknown quantities to an extent. It will only be boring of Trout dominates at range. If Canelo bests him it should be through strength and force.

So yeah, far more excited for Canelo v Trout than the others. I slightly favour trout, both guys probably see themselves as favourite.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:38 pm

Mine was a preview/prediction thread, nice to get as many replies as it did. I warn you all though if I get my predictions right I'm going Davide style for a day Wink.

As I said on that thread Canelo vs Trout is the stand out fight, Trout to win on points.

Seen a few pictures of Scott Harrison from today's weigh in and he looks in the best shape of his career.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Hope Scott pulls it off (The win that is!!)...Always rated him highly and sorry he threw it away with his illness....

Like him to have one last hurrah.......Not sure what's left in the bag though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Illness? Can you call assaulting someone an illness?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:42 pm

Trout via KO or Canelo via robbery.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:43 pm

hampo171 wrote:Illness? Can you call assaulting someone an illness?

He was an alcoholic..........I believe....Not rational people.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:52 pm

Ali probably spent more time in the nick than Harrison......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Looks like my prediction of Chisora not being bothered about training was right. Weighed in at 252lbs.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:02 pm

hampo171 wrote:Looks like my prediction of Chisora not being bothered about training was right. Weighed in at 252lbs.

Look who he's fighting. He probably could come in at 300 and still win.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:05 pm

He will gas at that weight, if he doesn't take him out early then its likely we may see an upset.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Ali freedom. Scott, addiction.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:32 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:my predictions are a little off as of late, but i'm really hoping canelo wins this one, i think he gets a harsh deal on here by most, and think he has the power to stop trout late. i can see canelo been the new face of boxing, if he can get the mayweather fight, i'd love to see that match up

I agree that he is unfairly treated. I think he deserves props for taking this fight and I hope he gets the win. That said, Trout is no pushover. Great matchup for fans

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:37 pm

And we got Tyson Fury and Hughie too! HUGE weekend!

Got respect for Canelo now, big test for a man of 22. HUGE.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Canelo-Trout is huge, but while I might be viewed as negative but the rest of the action seems underwhelming. Perhaps underwhelming is the wrong word but its no better than your average weekend

Clev-Krasniqi could be good, but with clev being a champ for as long as he has Krasniqi doesn't mean an awful lot. On that card you'd expect Wlash to beat what's left of Harrison, and a fat Chisora to win easily enough

Rose-Alcine may be interesting, only bigger punchers and better fighters than Rose has blown him away so it'll be interesting. Fury I can't care for and if its on the same time as Canelo there's no chance I'll be watching it

The big one is worth getting excited about. Hopefully Canelo wins as he has more to give for boxing than Trout does (nothing wrong with trout obviously) , but there's no guarantee that he will win as Trout has a style that should be effective against Canelo. Expect it to start cagey but Canelo will push it and Trout will reply like he did agaisnt Cotto

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:53 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:my predictions are a little off as of late, but i'm really hoping canelo wins this one, i think he gets a harsh deal on here by most, and think he has the power to stop trout late. i can see canelo been the new face of boxing, if he can get the mayweather fight, i'd love to see that match up

I agree that he is unfairly treated. I think he deserves props for taking this fight and I hope he gets the win. That said, Trout is no pushover. Great matchup for fans

Does Trout deserve the same level of props also?

Agreed that a Chinny win would be better for boxing as he is popular, exciting even though its build on sand. As I said earlier, either a Trout KO of a Trout rout/Canelo robbery. 12 rounds and Canelo still standing he'll win.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:00 pm

azania wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

Agreed that a Chinny win would be better for boxing as he is popular, exciting even though its build on sand. As I said earlier, either a Trout KO of a Trout rout/Canelo robbery. 12 rounds and Canelo still standing he'll win.

Canelo has much more to lose and could have avoided Trout and still been a massive draw whereas Trouts options are a touch limited if he couldn't get the Canelo fight that's why Canelo gets the props for taking it, he didn't need it like Trout does.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:03 pm

Trout is talking and acting like the CHAMP he is. No way an Al Haymon fighter gets too screwed on points.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:14 pm

bellchees wrote:
azania wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

Canelo has much more to lose and could have avoided Trout and still been a massive draw whereas Trouts options are a touch limited if he couldn't get the Canelo fight that's why Canelo gets the props for taking it, he didn't need it like Trout does.

He can't avoid trout. If he did he would be known as a fraud. Trout has Cotto on his ledger. Canelo has Hatton.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:21 pm

azania wrote:
bellchees wrote:
azania wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

He can't avoid trout. If he did he would be known as a fraud. Trout has Cotto on his ledger. Canelo has Hatton.

A fraud who would comfortably do big numbers against pretty much anyone else in the top 10 in the division or most any of the Welterweights in Goldenboys stable they could feed him. No denying Cotto is easily the best win between them but Canelo could have avoided Trout if he wanted to and still made a ton of money.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:30 pm

A fraud as he hasn't fought anyone of note (not his fault mind). Of course he could have avoided Trout and rematched Hatton or even asked Erik Moralez to step up. If he went another fight against some random old man or chump and drew big numbers, he would be a fraud.

Didn't Otkte pull in the numbers also?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:34 pm

Ottke didn't sell outside Germany..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:36 pm

There are no negatives to be found in Canelo vs Trout. It is EVERYTHING great about boxing.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Ottke didn't sell outside Germany..

TRUSS doesn't sell outside 606.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:37 pm

I reckon he'll have Trout for dinner..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:42 pm

Don't think he's a fraud necessarily as he's beaten some useful fighters and beaten them very well hardly losing a round. Calling him a fraud for that is a bit harsh, but I agree he needs a big win on his resume soon. If he loses to Trout he'll go down as a hype job due to being ginger or something such is the way of boxing.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I reckon he'll have Trout for dinner..

Ha, that's actually pretty good, poor but good.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:54 pm

azania wrote:A fraud as he hasn't fought anyone of note (not his fault mind). Of course he could have avoided Trout and rematched Hatton or even asked Erik Moralez to step up. If he went another fight against some random old man or chump and drew big numbers, he would be a fraud.

Didn't Otkte pull in the numbers also?

That's why he deserves the props for taking this fight, that would be a very easy way for the young man to earn big money but he is taking the hard fight instead.

Trout couldn't get away with fighting that level of opposition if he wants to earn the big pay days.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:07 pm

davidemore wrote:There are no negatives to be found in Canelo vs Trout. It is EVERYTHING great about boxing.

Massive chance of Trout being robbed mind you.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:10 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
davidemore wrote:There are no negatives to be found in Canelo vs Trout. It is EVERYTHING great about boxing.

Massive chance of Trout being robbed mind you.
Along with some salmon and Cod..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:01 pm

How much difference will not having Pete in Tysons corner have?

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/news/2013/04/19/peter-fury-refused-entry-into-the-us-unable-to-corner-for-tyson-or-hughie.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:13 pm

hampo171 wrote:How much difference will not having Pete in Tysons corner have?

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/news/2013/04/19/peter-fury-refused-entry-into-the-us-unable-to-corner-for-tyson-or-hughie.html

Shows you how inept boxing management is. F-ing schoolboy stuff. Fight was announced ages ago.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:38 pm

Are you surprised though??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

In regards to Cleverly Vs. Krasniqi

It is a matter of size. Evolution. Isn't it, gentlemen? Nathan is the most perfectly trained athlete ever. This other man Krasniqi has not the size, the strength, the genetics to win. It is physically impossible for this German to win. Cleverly is a look at the future

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:10 pm

He sold in eastern Europe. God knows why but he did.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:20 pm

azania wrote:

He sold in eastern Europe. God knows why but he did.

It's a weird one but the germans and the eastern european seem to enjoy the same boring brand of boxing.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:23 pm

Maybe Arum should market Rigo in Eastern Europe
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:27 pm

Anyone watch Hughie Fury's progress. He looks to be a lot better than Tyson when he started out. Hughie moves well and has a nice snappy jab for a big man, big right hand as well. I have a feeling he will be on a different level to Tyson in a few years.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Steffan wrote:In regards to Cleverly Vs. Krasniqi

It is a matter of size. Evolution. Isn't it, gentlemen? Nathan is the most perfectly trained athlete ever. This other man Krasniqi has not the size, the strength, the genetics to win. It is physically impossible for this German to win. Cleverly is a look at the future

Yea evolution of man turning into a chicken....... Cool

Oh, sorry, I forgot, Frank sent every fighter on the planet an email offering them a fight against Clev and the next day they all closed their email accounts and hid under their beds
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:26 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
Steffan wrote:In regards to Cleverly Vs. Krasniqi

Yea evolution of man turning into a chicken....... Cool

Oh, sorry, I forgot, Frank sent every fighter on the planet an email offering them a fight against Clev and the next day they all closed their email accounts and hid under their beds
Has the divorce come through yet by the way?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:46 am

, no problem
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:12 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:, no problem
Worst thing is Clev didnt even love your wife he just fancied some fun. No wonder you hate him so much Sad

Last edited by Steffan on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Messed up the quote box)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:42 am

Yea, probably
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:12 pm

I just hope Clev doesnt get too distracted watching Cardiff City with the Championship this afternoon. That would be the icing on the cake of getting promoted to the English and Welsh football Premiership Cool

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Is there some sort of merger going on there?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:05 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Is there some sort of merger going on there?
May as well be. Cardiff and Swansea playing there. Bale running the show whichever club he will be at next year

Not bad for a little place with 3 million people Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next