The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Djokovic's ankle all good suddenly?

+2
bogbrush
invisiblecoolers
6 posters

Go down

Is Djokovic's ankle all good suddenly? Empty Is Djokovic's ankle all good suddenly?

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:48 pm

The way Djokovic played and the way he responded to post match interview Djokovic seems 100% fit physically as well as mentally, to say in Rafa's terms he was 100% at the start of the tournament and improved 50% with every match and could get 500% fit Djoko for the finals Very Happy .

This is what Djokovic had to say after the win

"Whenever you play Rafa, you know what to expect," . "You expect the toughest challenge possible on clay. I'm ready for that. I'm very happy that physically, mentally, emotionally I have been improving as the tournament was going on. Each day I feel better on the court, more confident." angel

Djoko is not raising any alarming injury scenes here, and unlike some of his fans he is pretty sure he is capable of beating Rafa in the finals and he is going for the kill and not just delivering his best.

Can Rafa hold on to his MC Kingdom? only time will say, but please the winner deserve the credit and hopefully no injury excuse is brought in when one of them crosses the final frontier.

I am going for Rafa to win in straight sets 6-4 6-4 most likely, but given Djoko's resurgence and confidence it could be in 3 sets for Rafa or a win for Nole. angel

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Is Djokovic's ankle all good suddenly? Empty Re: Is Djokovic's ankle all good suddenly?

Post by bogbrush Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:31 am

It all depends on the result.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Is Djokovic's ankle all good suddenly? Empty Re: Is Djokovic's ankle all good suddenly?

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:10 pm

But isn't the way with Federer's back? What happened to it at Wimbledon last year and the other tournaments he won? Please lets not go down the mocking route as fans of all players refer to and use injuries as alibis and excuses.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:44 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:But isn't the way with Federer's back? What happened to it at Wimbledon last year and the other tournaments he won? Please lets not go down the mocking route as fans of all players refer to and use injuries as alibis and excuses.

Excuses are fans forte, Fed's win in Wimbledon was special coz he was close to 31 and not coz he battled back at the mid of the tournament. thumbsup

Anyways Djoko is playing confident.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Nadal not going down in this.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:But isn't the way with Federer's back? What happened to it at Wimbledon last year and the other tournaments he won? Please lets not go down the mocking route as fans of all players refer to and use injuries as alibis and excuses.
Federers back wasn't bad at Wimbledon?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:41 pm

bogbrush wrote:

Exactly my point. I have been hearing about his bad back for the last year.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:46 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
bogbrush wrote:

Exactly my point. I have been hearing about his bad back for the last year.
Still searching for your point. He obviously suffered from the back at W; indeed I've heard it reported that he was on the verge of withdrawing before Benneteau.

He got over it for sure.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:50 pm

So now 1 handed Djoko beat Nadal on his forte, thats incredible achievement.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:50 pm

My point being that fans of players will frequently use injuries to excuse away their favourite players defeats and yes that includes Federer.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:02 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:My point being that fans of players will frequently use injuries to excuse away their favourite players defeats and yes that includes Federer.

Or the rain. C'mon Tim!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:06 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:My point being that fans of players will frequently use injuries to excuse away their favourite players defeats and yes that includes Federer.

But whats pathetic is playing down their favorite players chance even before the match starts saying he is injured where he may not be injured at all, the ankle injury excuse really discredits Rafa's game , so do that now means Djoko won Rafa playing 25-30% of his actual ability? thats complete disrespect for Rafa. picard

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:11 pm

They thought his ankle might be a problem but the first few rounds showed it wasn't , what's the problem?

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:14 pm

break_in_the_fifth wrote:They thought his ankle might be a problem but the first few rounds showed it wasn't , what's the problem?

The problem was on the mind of Nole's camp, they prepared an excuse if the result go opposite , so they covered their bases well ahead. picard

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:32 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:

But whats pathetic is playing down their favorite players chance even before the match starts saying he is injured where he may not be injured at all, the ankle injury excuse really discredits Rafa's game , so do that now means Djoko won Rafa playing 25-30% of his actual ability? thats complete disrespect for Rafa. picard

And again I would say fans of all players have played that card before as well.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:23 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:

What is pathetic is your sourer grapes and flaccidly transparent attempts at wummery. May suggest a dash of wit and humor to the bland stew you serve up.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:37 pm

@Socal , you don't wanna answer to the questions raised ? you rather decided to jump on the attempts of abusing people for raising questions. picard

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:51 pm

The question was answered by Djokovic himself that his ankle is fine and recovered from his injury in Davis Cup. Do you ever do a thread or post not directed at me you need to check your obsession at the door, but if you did I guess then you really wouldn't have anything interesting to talk about.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Poor Socal picard

Anyways congrats on your boy's win. clap

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down