The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*NEW*v2 Boxing Podcast with Peter Fury (24th April)

4 posters

Go down

*NEW*v2 Boxing Podcast with Peter Fury (24th April) Empty *NEW*v2 Boxing Podcast with Peter Fury (24th April)

Post by Adam D Wed 24 Apr 2013, 9:05 pm

Welcome back to the v2 Boxing podcast and what a treat we have for you tonight.

Paul and I are joined by Peter Fury who has just landed in France following the problems with the US Borders agency prior to the Tyson Fury fight. During the interview, Peter comes over as really passionate about how good Tyson can be (and is) but also how bad that performance against Cunningham was.

Peter talks about the road ahead for both Tyson and Hughie, as well as who Tyson is looking to fight next - one of the names came as a surprise to me!

As always, I hope you enjoy it.

Dont forget to subscribe to the podcast on itunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/v2-boxings-podcast/id623860606

Click here to listen - http://v2journal.com/16/post/2013/04/v2boxing-podcast-24th-april-with-peter-fury.html

(and Feedback as always please!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

*NEW*v2 Boxing Podcast with Peter Fury (24th April) Empty Re: *NEW*v2 Boxing Podcast with Peter Fury (24th April)

Post by hampo17 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 9:26 pm

Enjoyed tonight's episode. You can hear the frustration in his voice when discussing Tysons performance, can imagine when they sit down together and watch the tape of the fight Tyson is going to get quite an ear bashing.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

*NEW*v2 Boxing Podcast with Peter Fury (24th April) Empty Re: *NEW*v2 Boxing Podcast with Peter Fury (24th April)

Post by Adam D Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:20 am

The biggest scoop from this interview for me was where he said that Tyson would fight Haye next if the money was right.

Seems to go against getting in to a mandatory position.

the weird thing is, that to me it suggests that, Peter considered Price more of a threat than Haye.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:40 am

He will make a lot more money fighting Haye I guess, and it wont hurt his career as much getting pancaked by him (he can rebuild). Price is a bit of a busted flush at the moment, but can hit hard enough to stop Fury so might be a bit of a high risk low reward fight for now.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 12:04 pm

joeyjojo618 wrote:He will make a lot more money fighting Haye I guess, and it wont hurt his career as much getting pancaked by him (he can rebuild). Price is a bit of a busted flush at the moment, but can hit hard enough to stop Fury so might be a bit of a high risk low reward fight for now.
Good point, he'd be expected to lose against Haye whereas a loss to a fighter he's just rubbished would be very bad for his career.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 27 Apr 2013, 5:35 am

Very honest interview. Peter Fury was fairly pee'd off alright, he was nearly ranting at one stage and bringing different questions back to his main point i.e. Tyson lost the run of himself and let himself down.

It was a bad performance and Peter didn't sugar coat it. It was clear he didn't see Cunningham as a real threat and confirmed Tyson would have been pancaked by a proper heavyweight if he fought like he did last week. From what Peter is saying he seems to be confirming the fight was taken as a low risk welcome to America contest.

Peter keeps saying Tyson is world class but he would need to start showing it. As Peter also says Tyson is walking open guard onto punches which to me is his biggest crime. Time will tell if Tyson can learn, it seems keeping his feet on the ground is a major task in itself.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down