The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradley v Marquez sept 14th

+5
TheMackemMawler
Strongback
azania
ShahenshahG
jimdig
9 posters

Go down

Bradley v Marquez sept 14th Empty Bradley v Marquez sept 14th

Post by jimdig Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:47 pm

Bradley v Marquez set for sept 14th at welterweight. What do people think?

http://espn.go.com/boxing/

If this is done already please merge.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Bradley v Marquez sept 14th Empty Re: Bradley v Marquez sept 14th

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:56 pm

Gods sake

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:57 pm

Bradley to retire JMM.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 25 Apr 2013, 8:07 pm

Az, id have similar thinking. Although I don't think Marquez will retire. Id pick Bradley by ud. I think Marquez will get another Manny mega millions fight yet.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 25 Apr 2013, 8:33 pm

Both look like they like to juice for breakfast.

Wouldn't bet against JMM.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 25 Apr 2013, 8:53 pm

Strongback wrote:Both look like they like to juice for breakfast.

Wouldn't bet against JMM.
There certainly does seem to be a question mark over Marquez now. Which is such a shame, any chance of full random drug testing? Probably not.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:07 pm

I'd love to hear why Bradley would be picked over JMM.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:12 pm

Juan Manual Marquez puts it on Timothy Bradley, with no problems.

I don't see where this hype surrounding Bradley comes from.

He got whooped by Pacquiao. Lucky to keep the title last time out. Hell even dodged Khan like the plague...

Marquez will win by wide UD. Marquez wants to create history by being the first Mexican to be a 5 weight world champion.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:15 pm

Marq isn't busy enough. Brad is a very clever boxer who won't allow Marq to counter him. It will also be a dire fight. Rowley would enjoy it though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:22 pm

If a slugger in Provodnikov can catch him then I'd expect JMM to punch him in the head at will (but also make him miss more)

Comfortable victory for JMM.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:30 pm

Marquez and Manny are made for each other. Even new super beafed up Marquez is too small in stature to be effective at welter imo. Although Bradley has only moved up to the weight, he's a big at the weight. I think that Bradley can be effective by staying on the outside. If he allows Marquez into the pocket he loses, if he comes charging in to land he loses. If he stays on the outside and boxes he beats Marquez. I think Bradley can do it.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:37 pm

He can't stay on the outside and beat Marquez. Only Mayweather is good enough to try that and be successful. Bradley is a box/fighter. JMM is a BETTER box/fighter.

Yes size could be important. However if your physically bigger/stronger there's less of a requirement to box on the outside at range.

TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:47 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:If a slugger in Provodnikov can catch him then I'd expect JMM to punch him in the head at will (but also make him miss more)

JMM isn't a slugger or swarmer. He likes fighters to come to him and then counter them silly. Brad won't rush in.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:53 pm

Bradley is a funny kind of fighter though. He gets drawn into his opponents style of fighting, boxed with Alexander, brawled with povnitkin, although it was the boxing in the middle rounds that won him that fight.
I don't see him counter boxing though, that's a step too far for Bradley, so he'll have to lead, to Marquez counter. He also knows that Marquez 40 year old legs will mean that over 12 Marquez will need to be the more stationery fighter. I can't see him lunging in, he'll be extra weary of Marquez having ko power. So it needs to be an outside game plan. I think Bradley is good enough to pull it off over 12. I don't think it'll be a cakewalk or anything, but a decision win. I don't expect it to be an exhilarating fight. More akin to Bradley Alexander.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:57 pm

What's the flag mackem?

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:57 pm

azania wrote:
TheMackemMawler wrote:If a slugger in Provodnikov can catch him then I'd expect JMM to punch him in the head at will (but also make him miss more)

JMM isn't a slugger or swarmer. He likes fighters to come to him and then counter them silly. Brad won't rush in.

You misunderstand me. Naturally JMM isn't a crude slugger/swarmer, that's my point.

What I'm saying is....

If a crude slugger in Provodnikov can catch Bradley then an amazingly accurate box/fighter in Marquez will have no trouble finding his target (either inside or out).
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:59 pm

It could be considered faddy or pretentious mate, so i'd rather not say. I hope that's ok.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 25 Apr 2013, 10:06 pm

Totally, don't worry about it. With Marquez I think he's spent so long fighting Manny, it now becomes difficult to judge him against someone else. Especially at higher weight. I wouldn't be laying money either way in honesty. I don't actually like Bradley as a fighter. Couldn't see me rooting for him.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 25 Apr 2013, 10:16 pm

jimdig wrote:Bradley is a funny kind of fighter though. He gets drawn into his opponents style of fighting, boxed with Alexander, brawled with povnitkin, although it was the boxing in the middle rounds that won him that fight.
I don't see him counter boxing though, that's a step too far for Bradley, so he'll have to lead, to Marquez counter. He also knows that Marquez 40 year old legs will mean that over 12 Marquez will need to be the more stationery fighter. I can't see him lunging in, he'll be extra weary of Marquez having ko power. So it needs to be an outside game plan. I think Bradley is good enough to pull it off over 12. I don't think it'll be a cakewalk or anything, but a decision win. I don't expect it to be an exhilarating fight. More akin to Bradley Alexander.

That's the thing though; Bradley gets drawn into his opponents style of fighting. I think JMM is a better box-fighter than Bradley is (Bradley is above average at everything but I rate JMM as above above average at everything).

I can't see how Bradley beats JMM, unless, as you say, age becomes a significant factor in the outcome. Bradley is not someone who is easily dissuaded - and it will take more than well timed counters to inhibit his attacks, instead it will take immense energy and effective movement (which may prove difficult for a naturally smaller 40 year(ish) old).

TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 25 Apr 2013, 10:54 pm

Would give Bradley a good chance agaisnt JMM

Up untill the KO of Manny in the 6th I thought that the added bulk had slowed Marquez down and he was really feeling pacquiao's pressure

You may bring up Provodnikov but Bradley needed to have an entertaining fight after Alexander and Pacquiao and went toe to toe with the slugger. He cut weight poorly and his legs were jelly and its a testament to his conditioning that he came through the tough times which there were many

Bradley is a hard man to catch cleanly and has a great stamina and good hand speed. JMM is always at his best when he's the one on the backfoot, Bradley will want to utilise his hand speed and his high workrate

Think the timings right for Bradley

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:06 pm

Plus he has a nut for a head. An extra weapon.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:07 pm

I rate Bradley in terms of what he does is effective. I think he is well rounded, can box off the back foot, can box offensively and picks his shots well. The problem is he is just good at all of these and not great.

I had the Manny fight closer than some, who thought Manny was completely robbed, but still had Bradley losing by 3 rounds.

I would suggest and to a degree think that Bradley will cause JMM some problems early on, much like Manny did in their last encounter, but I think Marquez stops him. Sad to say because without my suspicions I really couldn't pick a winner here....but I am very sceptical of JMM given the nature of just how big he got for the Pacman fight and his connections in terms of conditioning and nutrition coaches so think his sudden power stops Bradley around the 9th!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:00 am

Said before bradly ud wrong style for jmm could even be a wide ud depending how bradly fights! Jmm is a legend and brilliant but styles make fights I think he would Also be beat by khan and maybe alexander

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down