The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye/Klitschko Tickets

+2
The Galveston Giant
Fists of Fury
6 posters

Go down

Haye/Klitschko Tickets Empty Haye/Klitschko Tickets

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 05 May 2011, 11:53 am

So it has been announced that Brits are to be given 7,000 tickets for the fight - does anyone join me in thinking that this amount should have at least been doubled? Brits create an atmosphere...Germans sit there and bore themselves to tears. I can understand why team Klitschko wouldn't want the rowdy pro-Haye atmosphere, but after all Haye's concessions to make this fight it would have been some reward at least.

Not on sale yet, but I'm certainly hoping to bag a few!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Haye/Klitschko Tickets Empty Re: Haye/Klitschko Tickets

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2011, 1:59 pm

Another ploy by team K to try and disrupt Haye's training. Haye's frustration is more on the fans' behalf than his own but I'm confident that however many Brits do go across to watch the fight, they'll make more than enough noise to make themselves heard.

Besides, once Haye lands on Wlad's chin, the pro K crowd will go deathly silent anyway...you'll probably here ME cheering, and I'm watching it at home!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 05 May 2011, 2:02 pm

7,000 isn't great is it, i thought it was in Hamburg's stadium?
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 05 May 2011, 2:03 pm

Yeah it is mate, which holds nigh on 60,000...so I think 7,000 is a bit of a disgrace, and the kind of allocation that you would expect to see given to a mandatory, not for a huge unification bout!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 May 2011, 2:04 pm

Can Haye bring 7000 fans? And whats the issue anyway. Is it like a footie smatch with home and away fans?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2011, 2:04 pm

Aye, they reckon the plcae has a 55,000 capacity and as such, I would have thought that they'd have the decency to allocate more tickets to haye. Anyway, one would love to think that Karma will bite them in the ass with a vengeance for that little stunt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 05 May 2011, 2:08 pm

Azania, yes, Haye can bring 7000 fans, without doubt.

The issue is that a fight is between two champions, and whilst I agree that Klitschko should get a bigger share of the tickets as he is the main man at heavy, and is fighting at 'home', the representation for the challenger should be more than just a token gesture. Let's not forget, there is interest in this fight because of David Haye, not Wladimir Klitschko.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 05 May 2011, 2:08 pm

What does this mean though? Surely you can just get tickets through German sources aswell?

Is it just a case of 7000 tickets available through British sources and after that fans have to go through German agencies?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 05 May 2011, 2:10 pm

Yeah there are 7000 through British sources, and after that the tickets are on a first come, first served basis, which is pretty unfair seeing as the tickets are going on sale in Germany a day earlier than in the UK (or so I hear).

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 05 May 2011, 2:10 pm

Thoughts so Fists/Dave.

That really is a disgrace, one things for sure, that atmosphere is always quiet in Germany so i expect every brit to be heard loud and clear. Maybe they were thinking about Hatton when they used to take over Vegas. Anyone know if Tickets/seating are spread out pricewise or if all the brits are getting seated toghether?
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 05 May 2011, 2:12 pm

Not sure yet, Galv. I would like to think that they would seat the Brits together, although I wouldn't put it past them to spread us out as much as they possibly can!

Awaiting details of the date of sale and pricing at the moment, so hopefully more will be made clear when that is announced.

Any of you lads planning a trip over?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 05 May 2011, 2:13 pm

Dont see it being much of an issue personally unless Haye is only recieving the money for the British gate sales - that would be unfair.

Im not sure how many fans Haye would bring. I would have guessed maybe 10k so I dont think 7k is a major hit ad there should be plenty available even if the 7k allocation is entirely used up.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2011, 2:13 pm

manos de piedra wrote:What does this mean though? Surely you can just get tickets through German sources aswell?

Is it just a case of 7000 tickets available through British sources and after that fans have to go through German agencies?
True, but it's an unnecessary ballache is it not? Be simpler just to allocate more tickets to British outlets wouldn't it?

Team K might be taking the approach that Haye wouldn't be able to shift many tickets so they haven't isssued a lot in the first place. However, logic (and past history) suggests that if one fighter doesn't shift his allocation and his opponent has run short, they can simply recall the other fighter's allocation

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 05 May 2011, 2:16 pm

7k might be a conservative estimate of the British support but how many fans do people think will be making the trip?

I would have said 10k at a guess but are people saying significantly more?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 05 May 2011, 2:18 pm

I think the estimates are somewhere between 10 and 15k Manos, so it would be a huge shame if some Brits had to miss out. This fight will be massively popular with the Germans so I can't see any tickets being left over from their lot (judging by the sellouts for basic defences against the likes of Peter).

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2011, 2:20 pm

How many tickets were allocated to the Brits just before Haye pulled out of the fight when Setanta collapsed? I understand the fight was pretty much sold out before Haye's withdrawl which would suggest he has enough support to warrant a few more tickets.

Be nice if, in the build up to this, the boys at Sky can get Boente back on TV and grill him about it...odious little man that he is!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Thu 05 May 2011, 2:21 pm

It's probably because of what happened last time when Haye didn't bring any fans, or even himself.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 05 May 2011, 2:22 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Not sure yet, Galv. I would like to think that they would seat the Brits together, although I wouldn't put it past them to spread us out as much as they possibly can!

Awaiting details of the date of sale and pricing at the moment, so hopefully more will be made clear when that is announced.

Any of you lads planning a trip over?

Not me mate, can't afford to go just now, would love to though.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 05 May 2011, 2:24 pm

I'm heading over with a few mates, booked our flights and hotel as soon as it was all announced, so here is one person keeping their fingers crossed that nobody pulls out!!

Just hoping to grab some tickets now!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 05 May 2011, 2:36 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:I'm heading over with a few mates, booked our flights and hotel as soon as it was all announced, so here is one person keeping their fingers crossed that nobody pulls out!!

Just hoping to grab some tickets now!

Hope you get some mate.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 05 May 2011, 2:41 pm

Thanks mate - all in all should be a good weekend, make that a great one if Haye pulls off the win.

To begin with I really fancied his chances by KO around the 4th-6th rounds, but am now becoming less optimistic...anyone to reinvigorate my belief of a Haye win?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 05 May 2011, 2:50 pm

Hope it's a good laugh mate. Germany is an awesome place to go the people ar really welcoming and especially the woman. Wink

I think Haye might do it the Ks are an awful pair they have tried to play games for the start. They left him wondering what one he would be facing for a while. Their must still be some doubt that Wlad will pull out and Vit will step in. Either way Hayes speed wins it for me. He needs to be in and out quickly don't let Wlad get into his rythm with his jab. Haye is capable of it he is verygood at executing a game plan. Look at the Valuev fight he never became ill disciplined or gung ho even though he was well ahead on the cards.

Haye by late KO imo.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 05 May 2011, 2:52 pm

prettyboykev wrote:I think Haye might do it the Ks are an awful pair they have tried to play games for the start. They left him wondering what one he would be facing for a while. Their must still be some doubt that Wlad will pull out and Vit will step in. Either way Hayes speed wins it for me. He needs to be in and out quickly don't let Wlad get into his rythm with his jab. Haye is capable of it he is verygood at executing a game plan. Look at the Valuev fight he never became ill disciplined or gung ho even though he was well ahead on the cards. Haye by late KO imo.

I dont think he was ever well ahead on the cards against Valuev. One card him behind going into the last two rounds and the other cards had him 2 rounds up with two rounds left.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 05 May 2011, 2:56 pm

I hope Haye goes for the KO but i see him being patient on the outside much like the Valuev fight, hoping the land a big right hand. Let's hope he just steams right in and goes for the KO, think he could take him out early if he just went for it.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 05 May 2011, 2:56 pm

Yeah I agree he certainly has the speed and the dig to pull it off, the only thing that worries me is if he can get around that jab and nullify it to some extent, otherwise he is gonna be in trouble as Wlad will use it to set up his straight right, which is a pretty fearsome weapon in itself.

Either way, I will be there (assuming I manage to land a ticket) and cheering him on regardless of what happens. If he wins, then it will be a historic night for British boxing, if he loses then oh well, it was fun whilst it lasted and is nice to see someone that genuinely just wants the best fights out there, despite having to concede in so many areas.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 05 May 2011, 2:58 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:I think Haye might do it the Ks are an awful pair they have tried to play games for the start. They left him wondering what one he would be facing for a while. Their must still be some doubt that Wlad will pull out and Vit will step in. Either way Hayes speed wins it for me. He needs to be in and out quickly don't let Wlad get into his rythm with his jab. Haye is capable of it he is verygood at executing a game plan. Look at the Valuev fight he never became ill disciplined or gung ho even though he was well ahead on the cards. Haye by late KO imo.

I dont think he was ever well ahead on the cards against Valuev. One card him behind going into the last two rounds and the other cards had him 2 rounds up with two rounds left.

German scoring for a 'home' fighter. I'm not 100% sure how I had it on the night but pretty sure it was by at least 4 rounds. Not watched the fight since though and I was peed.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2011, 3:02 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Thanks mate - all in all should be a good weekend, make that a great one if Haye pulls off the win.

To begin with I really fancied his chances by KO around the 4th-6th rounds, but am now becoming less optimistic...anyone to reinvigorate my belief of a Haye win?

Easy to see how Haye wins (just as it's easy to find ways to "guarantee" a Wlad win)

Haye hasn't fought anyone like Wlad - and vice versa. They're both facing their most dangerous opponent to date (and I mean dangerous in the real sense as opposed to the "Shane Mosley is dangerous" sense)

Wlad has the experience of being a long reigning World Champ and can be bolstered by the confidence that brings. However, Haye seems naturally imbued with a sense of confidence that, Carl Thompson aside, has proved justified.

I may give Wlad the edge in power but I'd give Haye the nod in terms of speed, movement, footwork, reflexes, punch variation. They're both susceptible to a punch so whoever lands first/cleanly has a huge chance.

The key to this fight is Wlad's jab - can he get it going in time to dominate Haye from the outside because if he can, he controls the fight at range and frustrates Haye (and the crowd) all night long. If not, Haye eventually finds Wlad's chin and takes him out by the mid point of the fight.

Wlad's talked about punishing haye for 12 rounds....sorry, can't see it being a viable tactic. Wlad's trained by Manny Steward who, back when he trained Lewis (and thus aware he was a fighter who'd been KO'd previously) was always keen for Lennox to get danger men out of there as soon as possible. Manny was urging LL to stop messing around with both Holyfield AND Tyson as he knew they both still possessed enough of a dig to have LL in trouble if it landed. Manny will know that as long as Haye is there, he has the power to hurt Wlad, so I think Manny will be urging Wlad to get rid of haye at the earliest opportunity (without taking risks).

I can envisage a scenario where Wlad wins but I can just as easily see Haye's hand being raised and those belts around his waist.

Haye has the belief and the ability to get the job done...focus on that part and things will be fine

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 05 May 2011, 3:06 pm

The overhand left is the punch to get Wlad and the one he has most trouble with.

Wlad keeps his own left hand high to jab with so trying to land a right over the top of that is pretty difficult (and dangerous) as you are stepping into the jab.

Wlads right hand is low though, especially when he throws out the jab so it can be countered by the overhand left much more easily.

Sanders as a natural southpaw gave him nightmares with the left hand and couldnt miss with it albeit against a much less defensively sound Wlad.

Brewster also had success with it and caught Wlad early in their fight with a nice left counter. When Wlad was punched uou in the mid rounds he was also wide open to Brewsters left.

If I were Haye I wouldnt bank on Wlad punching himself out like in the past, but I would try and tire him out by making him chase and miss while looking for opportunities to counter Wlads jab with big overhand lefts.I would forget trying to blast him out or outbox him and design my plan on tiring him out and looking for the KO in a measured fashion.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 05 May 2011, 3:06 pm

Nice analysis, Dave.

I just think its brilliant to have a fight where all outcomes are highly plausible, as there doesn't seem to be enough genuine 'pick em' fights these days, and that is what makes this one so exciting and so intriguing.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down