The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't believe everything Brendan Fanning spins

2 posters

Go down

Don't believe everything Brendan Fanning spins Empty Don't believe everything Brendan Fanning spins

Post by Sin é Tue 30 Apr 2013, 11:48 pm

I thought this item deserved a thread of its own. Am lot of people here actually believed that Kidney had to meet a committee the night before a game and explain the tactics to this committee. This lead to a low of moaning and groaning about 'amateurs' ruining the game (as opposed to ruining the game).

The facts of the situation (as I suspected):

It had been claimed the Kiwi held reservations over the fact his predecessor as Ireland coach, Declan Kidney, was expected to report to the National Team Review Group on the evenings before Test matches.

“I think you guys have made a big play on all of that,” said Browne. “The reality is, from our point of view, there are three blocs in the season: the autumn internationals, the Six Nations and the [summer] tour. The reality is we debrief and review at the end of each of those blocs, as any good organisation would.

“I think what you’re referring to is a facility which was offered to us by Declan. To be fair, I went to one or two and said ‘listen, I’ll let the people who know a little bit more about it than me sit in on it’. At the end of the day, the key reviews and debriefs are really at the end of each bloc, when we can get whatever learnings we can to improve for the next bloc.”

It will be interesting to see if the Indo will mention this or will Fanning continue his misinformation campaign?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/browne-coach-and-irfu-not-at-odds-229913.html

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Don't believe everything Brendan Fanning spins Empty Re: Don't believe everything Brendan Fanning spins

Post by SecretFly Tue 30 Apr 2013, 11:56 pm

Maybe the world has moved on by now though. Irish player in citing incident one day. Irish player in heroic game another day. New Irish coach is headline news a few days later. New Lions players are headlines the next day after that.

The media world has moved on..

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Don't believe everything Brendan Fanning spins Empty Re: Don't believe everything Brendan Fanning spins

Post by Sin é Tue 30 Apr 2013, 11:59 pm

SecretFly wrote:Maybe the world has moved on by now though. Irish player in citing incident one day. Irish player in heroic game another day. New Irish coach is headline news a few days later. New Lions players are headlines the next day after that.

Thats from today's paper (Browne: Coach and IRFU not at odds. Tuesday, April 30, 2013).

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 01 May 2013, 12:04 am

Sin é wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Maybe the world has moved on by now though. Irish player in citing incident one day. Irish player in heroic game another day. New Irish coach is headline news a few days later. New Lions players are headlines the next day after that.

Thats from today's paper (Browne: Coach and IRFU not at odds. Tuesday, April 30, 2013).

It's old news. The world isn't interested. Joe Schmidt as Ireland coach is old news and it's only yesterday. The rugby world wants to talk Lions now.

Besides...Browne did say the meetings did take place...he did admit those meetings were extra to the bloc ones...he did say he let others more knowledgeable than he sit in on those meeting with Kidney............. You'd wonder what they were talking about if he let people who knew more about what they were talking about go to them?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 01 May 2013, 12:17 am

“I think what you’re referring to is a facility which was offered to us by Declan."

Most the comments were that Kidney had to explain his gameplan the night before a game. Some very excitable people thought they set out the tactics and picked the team as well Smile

Having to report at 3 meetings a year isn't exactly a lot, is it? Most have to do it monthly.

Anyway, for future reference in case anyone starts quoting fanning again. He is a chancer.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 01 May 2013, 12:30 am

Sin é wrote:“I think what you’re referring to is a facility which was offered to us by Declan."

Most the comments were that Kidney had to explain his gameplan the night before a game. Some very excitable people thought they set out the tactics and picked the team as well Smile

Having to report at 3 meetings a year isn't exactly a lot, is it? Most have to do it monthly.

Anyway, for future reference in case anyone starts quoting fanning again. He is a chancer.

You see I know which lines you're going to isolate and which you're going to emphasise in advance, Sin.

Declan offered them a 'chatting' facility...

Firstly, that seems strange that he'd be even thinking about offering them such a thing if it wasn't a requirement from them. Secondly, Declan Offered them the facility and rather than say "What? No, you're too busy before games. We get enough details in the blocs. Don't worry about it"...they take him up on the 'offer' - which is highlighted as just a chat - but Browne didn't think he was the right guy with sufficient skill to engage in the simple chats?

I think it's a big deal over nothing but the meetings WERE happening. Declan didn't seem to mind them and it's claimed he was the one who 'offered' them. If they were spoken about during Schmidt's interview and he said he wasn't gone on them and wouldn't be interested in continuing them then that's the story over. One coach had the chats, the next one seems to be not interested in having them. He'll wait for the bloc meetings I assume.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down