The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie Hearn Interview

+9
AlexHuckerby
School Project
88Chris05
JabMachineMK2
Rowley
Strongback
ONETWOFOREVER
mobilemaster8
Adam D
13 posters

Go down

Eddie Hearn Interview Empty Eddie Hearn Interview

Post by Adam D Thu 02 May 2013, 8:50 pm

As you get older, things start to become alien to you.

My father wouldnt know how to use a mobile phone for example. Well today, I have moved in to the senile department.

Today is my 40th birthday and my wonderful wife bought me a new iPhone. And I duly took this along to meet with Eddie Hearn earlier, recording a fascinating interview with him. All was good until I got home to upload the file to my computer.

This being the first time I have used the iPhone, I accepted it kind offer to restore the music I had on iTunes from an older phone.

And by restore, I mean completely wipe everything that was on it before.

So my 20 minutes with Eddie is gone forever. broken

So from memory, here is what Eddie said: (paraphrased)

Eddie was talking to Adam Booth about coming back on how to get back on Sky, which is when Hayemaker brokered the deal. 4 Fight deal. Hearn said that Fury could face Puleuv for a couple of Hundred K and become mandatory or Haye for a couple of million - either way he is likely to lose, so which is the better offer?

Haye was disappointed in himself at his performane v Wlad.

Wants to get his belts back and would face either bro again.

Regards criticism labelled at him sending fighters - all of the fighters have the ultimate choice. And they all agree that the fights, albeit slim, are winnable. And should they put in a good performance, it doesnt harm them in the long run. And the purses on offer are 10 times what they would be fighting for at "RochdaleFootball club" in front of a home crowd. All are getting great pay days with very little downside. People who criticise dont understand that boxers are in it for the money and these fights make a life changing difference in the short and long term. He puts the fights in front of them, and they all have final say.

He cited Darren Barker as an example (as well as Rees and Purdy)

Froch is only 2 pounds over the weight limit with a month to go - in terrific shape.

Gonzalez is coming to face Ricky to win. He said that Gonzalez team really believe they will win it.

Ricky will not go up in weight to chase Broner - plenty of fights at his current weight.

Kell Brook is gutted but still the mandatory which will be in 9 months now. Kell is disappointed but optimistic about the future.

I am personally absolutely gutted as it was my personal best interview to date!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Eddie Hearn Interview Empty Re: Eddie Hearn Interview

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 02 May 2013, 9:35 pm

Sorry to hear about your iPhone problem mate!!

That's why I steer clear of all Apple products where I can!!

Sounds like it was a good one.

I really like Eddie and think he is doing great things in boxing especially in the UK.

I really think he is one of the words best in matchmaking and will be great for the future if boxing,

He also seems passionate which is great to see.

Unlike warren, Maloney or arum for examples.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 May 2013, 10:20 pm

I'v got an apple.

Does'nt do half the things your on about...

quite nice with custard tho

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 03 May 2013, 12:21 am

These things happen. You will get another chance to interview Hearn soon enough.

Maybe V2 should invest in a digital dictaphone.

Using a dictaphone while also recording on a mobile phone as back-up might be a solution.

How do you manage to find the time to do these interviews, do you have a regular job?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 03 May 2013, 6:51 am

Yes I do have a normal 9 to 5 job. Fortunately the place where I interviewed him was a 5 minute walk from my office and I took an early lunch.

I usually record on my a old digital camera (which has a dictaphone) which I had with me. But I wanted to try the phone out. The annoying thing is that it worked and I even listened to it back - the problem was when I hooked it up to my computer. The first time you do, it registers it and thats why the problem occured.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 03 May 2013, 7:47 am

Gutting that it has not captured Adam as it sounds one of the better ones. Have always thought Eddie interviews well. You will need to ensure these technical glitches are ironed out in time for the Naz interview.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 03 May 2013, 9:29 am

Strongback wrote:Maybe V2 should invest in a dictaphone.

Whats wrong with using your finger like everyone else?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 03 May 2013, 9:32 am

Not bad, Jabby, not bad!

Good work Adam (well, apart from the phone wipe issue) and another great coup for the forum. We're hitting two millions posts very, very soon as well, aren't we?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 03 May 2013, 11:32 am

Its not on the levels of Shah and Dave and such, but I did try.

Another could be

A dictaphone? I wasn't aware Davidemore gave his phone number out on here!

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 03 May 2013, 2:30 pm

Should have bought an Android Adam!

Just kidding mate, I'm sure Eddie would be willing to do more interviews with you in the future - he seemed to accept the offer on Twitter with ease!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 2:46 pm

It would have been better sending Davide to interview Eddie Hearn.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 03 May 2013, 6:57 pm

Eddie Hearn has said time and time and time again that he is more than happy to be interviewed and answer questions from anyone that is interested in what he has to say. He believes the best way to have the boxing fans on your side is to be transparent and explain as to why certain things do and don't happen and why.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 03 May 2013, 7:14 pm

Get a cassette recorder.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 03 May 2013, 7:20 pm

Or better yet, a video camera! Suyrely you could have filmed it on your iPhone?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by trenchtownbaboon Fri 03 May 2013, 7:35 pm

Adam D wrote:As you get older, things start to become alien to you.

My father wouldnt know how to use a mobile phone for example. Well today, I have moved in to the senile department.

Today is my 40th birthday and my wonderful wife bought me a new iPhone. And I duly took this along to meet with Eddie Hearn earlier, recording a fascinating interview with him. All was good until I got home to upload the file to my computer.

This being the first time I have used the iPhone, I accepted it kind offer to restore the music I had on iTunes from an older phone.

And by restore, I mean completely wipe everything that was on it before.

So my 20 minutes with Eddie is gone forever. broken

So from memory, here is what Eddie said: (paraphrased)

Eddie was talking to Adam Booth about coming back on how to get back on Sky, which is when Hayemaker brokered the deal. 4 Fight deal. Hearn said that Fury could face Puleuv for a couple of Hundred K and become mandatory or Haye for a couple of million - either way he is likely to lose, so which is the better offer?

Haye was disappointed in himself at his performane v Wlad.

Wants to get his belts back and would face either bro again.

Regards criticism labelled at him sending fighters - all of the fighters have the ultimate choice. And they all agree that the fights, albeit slim, are winnable. And should they put in a good performance, it doesnt harm them in the long run. And the purses on offer are 10 times what they would be fighting for at "RochdaleFootball club" in front of a home crowd. All are getting great pay days with very little downside. People who criticise dont understand that boxers are in it for the money and these fights make a life changing difference in the short and long term. He puts the fights in front of them, and they all have final say.

He cited Darren Barker as an example (as well as Rees and Purdy)

Froch is only 2 pounds over the weight limit with a month to go - in terrific shape.

Gonzalez is coming to face Ricky to win. He said that Gonzalez team really believe they will win it.

Ricky will not go up in weight to chase Broner - plenty of fights at his current weight.

Kell Brook is gutted but still the mandatory which will be in 9 months now. Kell is disappointed but optimistic about the future.

I am personally absolutely gutted as it was my personal best interview to date!

Eddie Hearn Interview Double10
trenchtownbaboon
trenchtownbaboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 03 May 2013, 8:01 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Or better yet, a video camera! Suyrely you could have filmed it on your iPhone?

thats the point - it wiped everything from my iPhone when I updated it the first time I put it on my computer.

I also lost footage from another interview for a different section that I had video footage of.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 03 May 2013, 8:07 pm

Had been saving the podcast til today. Seen the thread yesterday and thought, that'll do nicely Friday, after work, bank holiday weekend. Thanks Adam, weekend ruined. Amother stunt like this and your off the board for good.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 03 May 2013, 9:26 pm

Adam D wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Or better yet, a video camera! Suyrely you could have filmed it on your iPhone?

thats the point - it wiped everything from my iPhone when I updated it the first time I put it on my computer.

I also lost footage from another interview for a different section that I had video footage of.

Oh you actually filmed it?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri 03 May 2013, 10:39 pm

How the f did this happen!?!?!?!?!?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down