The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie Hearn mentioned Brook vs Broner in the interview

+12
jimdig
Seanusarrilius
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
AlexHuckerby
Steffan
kingraf
themadworldofjb
Strongback
Gerry SA
mobilemaster8
Scottrf
BallchinianMuffwig
16 posters

Go down

Eddie Hearn mentioned Brook vs Broner in the interview Empty Eddie Hearn mentioned Brook vs Broner in the interview

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sat 26 Oct 2013, 10:46 pm

Discuss...

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Eddie Hearn mentioned Brook vs Broner in the interview Empty Re: Eddie Hearn mentioned Brook vs Broner in the interview

Post by Scottrf Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:09 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure who I think would win. I'd give Brook more chance than what I guess would be the consensus, that Broner would win easily.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Eddie Hearn mentioned Brook vs Broner in the interview Empty Re: Eddie Hearn mentioned Brook vs Broner in the interview

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:11 pm

Random. But good chance for brook to punch that smug guy in the grid.....really hard.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:15 pm

Broner's vastly overrated and gets tagged a lot.

But Brook's ever more overrated.

Broner's superior speed would bamboozle Brook.

Broner by 10th round KO

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:09 am

Broner is not proven at Welter. The Malignaggi fight wasn't overly convincing.

Broner needs to do a good job on Maidana as he is under pressure to prove he is PPV worthy.

My guess is Brook isn't big enough to generate a lot of interest for a PPV fight with Broner. Brook needs a belt and to fight in the States.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:12 am

Strongback wrote:Broner is not proven at Welter. The Malignaggi fight wasn't overly convincing.

Broner needs to do a good job on Maidana as he is under pressure to prove he is PPV worthy.  

My guess is Brook isn't big enough to generate a lot of interest for a PPV fight with Broner.  Brook needs a belt and to fight in the States.

ShoTime has removed Broner/Maidana from PPV

They've moved their remaining fights for 2013 on to two cards , both non PPV.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:32 am

Gerry SA wrote:
Strongback wrote:Broner is not proven at Welter. The Malignaggi fight wasn't overly convincing.

My guess is Brook isn't big enough to generate a lot of interest for a PPV fight with Broner.  Brook needs a belt and to fight in the States.

I hadn't seen that. I just read about a lot of people complaining it wasn't PPV worthy.  

Broner isn't anywhere near Floyd despite his lip.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:50 am

Strongback wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:

I hadn't seen that. I just read about a lot of people complaining it wasn't PPV worthy.  

It's a smart move all round by ShoTime IMO

As you said Broner isn't ppv yet.

Plus ShoTime had Alexander headlining in Texas, no one would go to watch him there!

The new cards are:

December 7, Brooklyn, NY - Barclays
Malignaggi-Judah
Alexander-Porter
Lara-Trout
Bika-Dirrell

December 14 San Antonio, TX - Alamodome
Broner-Maidana
Thurman-Soto Karass
Ortiz-Gomez
Santa Cruz-Seda
Shumenov-Kovas

Two pretty awesome cards.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Sun 27 Oct 2013, 1:12 am

Hmmmm Brook could win but he would have to go to hell and back to win it. Trash talk would be fantastic though
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:59 am

Gerry SA wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:

It's a smart move all round by ShoTime IMO

As you said Broner isn't ppv yet.

Plus ShoTime had Alexander headlining in Texas, no one would go to watch him there!

The new cards are:

December 7, Brooklyn, NY - Barclays
Malignaggi-Judah
Alexander-Porter
Lara-Trout
Bika-Dirrell

December 14 San Antonio, TX - Alamodome
Broner-Maidana
Thurman-Soto Karass
Ortiz-Gomez
Santa Cruz-Seda
Shumenov-Kovas

Two pretty awesome cards.

Great to see cards like these and free too.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:12 am

Bika vs Dirrel could be a doozy. Bika is probably the weakest major title holder in the 160-175 region. Haven't seen much of Dirrel post-2010 tbh, but I think he could upset the cart a little (Chavez is eyeing Bika as his in for the 168 division)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:39 am

On a scale of -10 to 0 what do you all rate the chances of this fight happening?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 27 Oct 2013, 1:13 pm

Hearn wants to bring Broner over to the UK on a big PPV budget, selling Broner as the bad guy would be easy as pie, everyone would get behind the nnice Yorkshireman.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 27 Oct 2013, 1:46 pm

Definitely a winnable fight for Brook. Broner has the hand speed and reflex advantage but Brook is naturally bigger, has a good jab and hit's hard enough that Broner can't just walk him down a la Malignaggi, Rees, Demarco etc

Chances? not too sure, it would sell big over here I think, but a good sell over here still isn't as good as an average sell over in america given the greater population. Would it ell better than say Broner-Ortiz (still a name)? Not too sure

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 27 Oct 2013, 2:00 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Definitely a winnable fight for Brook
Yes if Broner doesnt show up

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 27 Oct 2013, 2:04 pm

Steffan wrote:
Looks like someone's fallen for the Broner hype

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 27 Oct 2013, 2:21 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Looks like someone's fallen for the Broner hype
Or not fallen for the Brook hype...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 27 Oct 2013, 2:50 pm

So you don't think Brook can win at all?

Based on what?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 27 Oct 2013, 3:11 pm

Don't see Broner coming here, tbh.He should be able to get Khan, but Khan is delusional about who he should be fighting. I do not think Hearn wants Alexander at all. He knows that is ugly, hard to win and doesn't bring in cash.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 27 Oct 2013, 7:11 pm

Not likely to be happening. Broner or brook won't sell a ppv over here. It would have to be at U.S. Time.
I thought last night was a title eliminator, hearn saying winning that fight gives brook options - yeah to fight Alexander I would of thought??? But now he's talking fairy tale stuff about broner in England? Maybe mayweather in May.

Every Hearn Fight lately seems to be a final eliminator. Rose on one two, I'm guessing their next fights will be final eliminators too.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Mon 28 Oct 2013, 9:48 am

Broner would beat brook IMO to fast for him leading to a LKO

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:20 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Definitely a winnable fight for Brook. Broner has the hand speed and reflex advantage but Brook is naturally bigger, has a good jab and hit's hard enough that Broner can't just walk him down a la Malignaggi, Rees, Demarco etc
Don't see the fight happening - however...

When you have a jab as good as Brook's, which, in spite of the rest of his flaws, is one of the best in the game - anything is possible.

Broner's defence and power should probably mean he has enough to win it, but it shouldn't be seen as a "comfortable" win by any means - if both men bring their "A" game. I have some suspicions regarding Brook's mental rigour - but would like to be proved wrong.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:24 pm

Hearn can't afford Broner.........Besides Brook for all his talent can't sustain a performance against a top fighter in my opinion..

He'd look good early but Broner's counters would take over........

Brook in fairness doesn't stink like Paulie...........Have more chance If he did.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 28 Oct 2013, 2:23 pm

Hearn doesn't like the alexander fight if you ask me. maybe they will look for broner and find a decent south American fighter with only 1 loss whos willing to fight in Sheffield for a final eliminator.

brooks problem is although hes had over 30 fights hes only recently started to sell out his local arena and make decent money. warren had him on stacked cards and hes had his problems with injuries. hearn wants to sell him as a fantastic prospect to a sold out Sheffield arena as long as he can. before he has to risk him in a tough fight against a top contender, and risk losing brooks special tag if he comes up short

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down