The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covering Soweto Open (Challenger)

4 posters

Go down

Covering Soweto Open (Challenger) Empty Covering Soweto Open (Challenger)

Post by kingraf Fri 03 May 2013, 9:49 am

With the SA Open no longer on the ATP calender,the Soweto open is the only tournament which South Africa hosts. I'm there covering it today (Tennis isnt really big on the Sports agenda, and I'm the only one who wanted to cover it), must say due to the altitude in Johannesburg, theres been a lot of serve-volleys, as the ball travels faster through the air, and it also bounces higher on the kick serve. Currently playing is Pospisil vs Pavic, I dont know if anyone has any affiliation/cares about these two blokes, but Pavic is 5-2* down. The ball-striking in display has been pretty big, if somewhat erratic. Pospisil to now serve for the set.
He opens up with an ace
Next point is a rally, which Pavic wins
Unreturnable
unreturnable

two set points
Missed return on second serve, and Pospisil takes the set 6-3. As you can see by that lazy break down of the ninth game, serve is king. That said a few players have broken down, getting tired due to altitude.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Covering Soweto Open (Challenger) Empty Re: Covering Soweto Open (Challenger)

Post by ryan86 Fri 03 May 2013, 3:29 pm

I thought about going for a nose at a Futures event over in Edinburgh today, but the fact that it's wet and blowing a gale I decided not to bother.

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 03 May 2013, 3:53 pm

ryan86 wrote:I thought about going for a nose at a Futures event over in Edinburgh today, but the fact that it's wet and blowing a gale I decided not to bother.
You lost me at "Edinburgh".
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 03 May 2013, 4:03 pm

Lukas Lacko was playing today, he is probably my favourite "thereabouts" player, he was a tad dissapointing, blamed altitude for defeat...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 05 May 2013, 9:14 pm

I like Pospisil. He can be tough to play. Toronto 2012 against Seppi is one I recall.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down